Mohammad Yousuf after conversion to Islam

Andrew Strauss and his wife had a new child last week - do they keep him up all night? Does he feel he should be with them when he is playing? Whatever the reason is, he has not been playing well since.

Andrew Strauss and his wife had a new child last week - do they keep him up all night? Does he feel he should be with them when he is playing? Whatever the reason is, he has not been playing well since.
Strauss had a new baby during England's tour of Pakistan in 2005 as well!

Went home during the 3rd test, came back for the ODIs.

He made a match-winning 90 odd in the 1st ODI :p

All I could think is that him changing religion has meant that he is alot more disclipined than he was meaning he had more concentration and could bat for longer periods.

You got the point wrong, he’s trying to say it, it gave him more power, some kind of spiritual thing. It is not un-islamic even if one was to disagree with it.

usy added 2 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

There must have been more religious guys out there who tried to be in Pakistan Cricket team, but didn’t succeed. SO you can’t say that, zMario.

changing religion would mean you really want it. So you'd be disclipined, thats all im saying.

Similar thing happened with Ricky Ponting early on in his career. Got married and became much more successful and possibly the greatest batsman of all time.

I think the happiness theory is the best answer. In Mohammad Yousuf's case converting to Islam got him greater happiness so he could perform better. I am sure there might be a lot of people in the world who gain happiness from Christianity. Some get happiness from totally absurd sources. Take me for example, everytime I drive my Mustang, I feel so happy. I bet if I were a cricketer I would scored several triple hundreds in the last year or so.

That's news to me. Could you give me an example of where he was pressured for not being Muslim and/or being made a scapegoat due to this reason?
I recall there being some talk about him being the only Christian in the team, I can't remember it well but I think there was a bit of pressure.

I recall there being some talk about him being the only Christian in the team, I can't remember it well but I think there was a bit of pressure.
Danish Kaneria is the only Hindu in the team as well...

Yousuf said there was no pressure on him.

The only one who could have possibly pressured Mohammad Yousuf was Saeed Anwar, who these days goes around Mosques in England and preaches Islam.

The only thing I can say though, if Yousuf was pressured to become Muslim, why is he so devout to the religon?

He pulled out of the ICC Champions Trophy to fast during Ramadan; he prays 5 times a day, so many more things.

If I was pressured to drink alcohol, would I continue to do it? (More than likely not :p)

Bad analogy, but it should suffice.

And usy - I'm not saying there are more religious guys in the Pakistan team. I do think at the moment Mohammad Yousuf is the most religous out of the lot, but it's just the belief that Yousuf has gained from changing religons which has transpired to his cricket.

I think the happiness theory is the best answer. In Mohammad Yousuf's case converting to Islam got him greater happiness so he could perform better. I am sure there might be a lot of people in the world who gain happiness from Christianity. Some get happiness from totally absurd sources. Take me for example, everytime I drive my Mustang, I feel so happy. I bet if I were a cricketer I would scored several triple hundreds in the last year or so.

Oh nice, one of the new ones?

Users who are viewing this thread