Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan international careers terminated, others punished

^ Keep it up PCB. You guys are idiots. I hope the past 11 pages of this thread help you know that :clap

After reading that article I think they should have banned Umar Akmel. The stunt that he pulled with the fake injury to secure nepotism is just an indicator of the kind of person he is and will be.

Should have banned him to let him know that he is expendable and that the culture from the previous teams is not longer acceptable.

After reading that article I think they should have banned Umar Akmel. The stunt that he pulled with the fake injury to secure nepotism is just an indicator of the kind of person he is and will be.

Should have banned him to let him know that he is expendable and that the culture from the previous teams is not longer acceptable.

I guess this runs in the family. Both the Akmals are utterly selfish. A senate standing committee yesterday all but named Akmal and another player (who I am not sure of) of fixing more than one match in Australia including the infamous Sydney test. I always knew that bastard with gloves was upto something bad. The way he missed Watson's run out was a testament to that.

My point was that since Umar is so young, there is time to "rehabilitate" him and turn him into a model player for Pakistan. Should have banned him for a bit and if the Kamran thing is true, should have banned Kamran for life and not Younus :facepalm

Well, I dont know how much truth is in this, but a TV channel yesterday was claiming that there are 2 players, that were involved in match-fixing, are part of the current T20 squad.

Anyone has more info on it?

Just release the full report PCB. It will be way more embarrassing for them if the report is leaked slowly bit by bit (which is what is happening right now).

Took off the breaking news part of the title, found it rather annoying as everytime I logged on I though something interesting had happened over night :p

Well, I dont know how much truth is in this, but a TV channel yesterday was claiming that there are 2 players, that were involved in match-fixing, are part of the current T20 squad.

Anyone has more info on it?

One of them is Kamran Akmal. No one is sure about the other one.

Hope i dont step on any toes by saying this, but a friend of mine told me he read that most Pakistani cricketers are uneducated and generally not very "insightful", choosing cricket from early on and hence receiving very little schooling. If this is true then that might be the reason for their childish and moron-like behaviour.

If thats how it is then its a social issue within Pakistan's setup as a country. Which is much worse than simply "cricketers making stupid decisions".

Sort of like soccer players in Europe who skip school to go to formation centers and end up dumb-asses (just what I have heard)

Hope i dont step on any toes by saying this, but a friend of mine told me he read that most Pakistani cricketers are uneducated and generally not very "insightful", choosing cricket from early on and hence receiving very little schooling. If this is true then that might be the reason for their childish and moron-like behaviour.

If thats how it is then its a social issue within Pakistan's setup as a country. Which is much worse than simply "cricketers making stupid decisions".

Yes most of our cricketers are not well educated but that is expected in a third world country ruled by dictators for half its life. They are not illiterate but not that well educated. Most of them also hail from middle class and a sudden abundance of wealth can lead them astray. This is where a board should play its role and nurture the players. Unfortunately our boards has got better things to do like cooking up controversies every fortnight :facepalm

One of them is Kamran Akmal. No one is sure about the other one.

When I last checked his side of the story, he was going to sue a news channel for saying that.

Yeah. It is a problem across the border. The craze for cricket in the subcontinent is second to none. But playing cricket at the cost of education is not at all a wise decision.

yeah that is true..... very few are highly educated... Imran Khan was an Oxford graduate and we all know his cricket legacy....

Sort of like soccer players in Europe who skip school to go to formation centers and end up dumb-asses (just what I have heard)

Well they do sound like twits in interviews so that doesn't surprise me at all.

There's a kid down here that has the option to go to the MLB Academy, NBA Academy or nominate for the AFL draft Camp. Lucky kid ;D

Heard he'll probs pick AFL, despite getting paid a lot less. Good on him.

Users who are viewing this thread