Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan international careers terminated, others punished

The PCB has released a media statement saying that Yousuf and Younus are not banned at all, and are eligible for selection in all formats of the game.

:spy

HAHAHAHA. Typical. Obviously wasn't match fixing. There's nothing else that could have justified it.

The PCB has released a media statement saying that Yousuf and Younus are not banned at all, and are eligible for selection in all formats of the game.

:spy

:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

idiotcf.jpg

As I understand it, none of them are banned, the PCB are just saying that they will never be picked again.

I can understand why people would think that they are banned, BBC ran this story and they don't normally jump in without some facts to back it up

BBC Sport - Cricket - Pakistan ban Mohammad Yousuf & Younus Khan indefinitely

Pakistan duo Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan have been banned indefinitely from representing their country.

The Pakistan Cricket Board's inquiry into the tour of Australia found the pair had been involved in "infighting which... brought down the whole team".

Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Shoaib Malik each face one-year bans and big fines.

Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal and Umar Akmal also face heavy fines while their conduct will be strictly monitored during a six-month probationary period.

Recent captains Yousuf and Younus, the two most experienced batsmen in the sides, face the most serious sanctions.

At 35 and 32 respectively they may now have played their last international cricket - though the PCB later stated their bans were not intended for life.

Last sentence for me sums it up, PCB perhaps wanting to punish them but then realising that ends their career so maybe they've backtracked. Who knows, the PCB is a joke and Pakistan seem to thrive on controversy and making life difficult. They should ban Afridi for bringing Pakistani cricket into disrepute, but then so many have done similar dodgy things that the PCB probably just accepts it in a "the whole world hates us but we don't care" kind of way

Its just a ploy to keep them away from the World T20.

I don't agree.Mate Pakistan has played almost 30 t20 matches in which Mohammad Yousuf represented Pakistan for just a one time.He has not been a part of pakistan t20 team for a long time and every thing was goimng all right yousuf was agree that he will play only tests and ODIs

On the other hand Younus himself said good bye to T20 cricket.So why would they ban them for this reason?

^ Point. But has PCB and its cricketers EVER stuck to their word? :facepalm

Afridi has retired and returned to cricket almost 3 times :laugh

I can understand why people would think that they are banned, BBC ran this story and they don't normally jump in without some facts to back it up

Last sentence for me sums it up, PCB perhaps wanting to punish them but then realising that ends their career so maybe they've backtracked. Who knows, the PCB is a joke and Pakistan seem to thrive on controversy and making life difficult. They should ban Afridi for bringing Pakistani cricket into disrepute, but then so many have done similar dodgy things that the PCB probably just accepts it in a "the whole world hates us but we don't care" kind of way

"The PCB has stopped short of calling the punishment a life ban. "They will not be part of any Pakistan team in any format from here on," Taffazul Rizvi, the board's legal advisor told Cricinfo. "A life ban means they cannot play domestic cricket or any other similar cricket, but we are not stopping them from that. They can play domestic cricket or county cricket here and abroad." "

Taken from the Cricinfo article. To me, this just sounds like the PCB are saying that they will never be picked, rather than coming out and saying it's a ban. A ban from being selected, rather than a ban from Cricket is probably the best way to put it, because they have no grounds to ban them on.

On the minor thought, are PCB doing this for money? Can be?

Fine a player, feel the fulfilling of your needs.

That Jamshed guy from the Sports Ministry is the WORST thing to happen to Pakistan sports.

Seems like he just can't digest a Pakistani defeat. Everytime they lose, he says, "Match fixed". Idiot!

And now, if cricket wasn't enough to gratify his king-size ego, he's screwing up Hockey. Wow :sarcasm

How do you guys in Pakistan tolerate people like this? Can't you guys see he's just ripping sport after sport apart? What the heck have you done to deserve this nonsense?

Some sources are saying that it is the reason of match fixing.
I can't understand that if there is the reason of match fixing then why did they just ban the players? i mean waqar younis and ijaz ahmed has also a pretty good record in match fixing

They appointed them as national coach and u-19 coach

Users who are viewing this thread