Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan international careers terminated, others punished

Didnt think that they would do anything tom Younis and Yousuf because they weren't mentioned in the article. Like someone said before it has to be match fixing to get bans like this.
Afridi got of a bit too easy and I have no idea what Rana did.

and I have no idea what Rana did.

rananaveed.jpg

thats what he did!

STUNNING!. This is bad for international cricket given the Pakistan will be seriously weakened now with the loss of those two senior batsmen.

Bans do not last long in Pakistan crickets history. :p

And this has nothing to do with Match Fixing. Every time Pakistan looses they say the match was fixed.

Younis had always been idiot with respect to captaincy and I see no issue in banning him for being an annoying employee. Yousuf Chacha though does not look like guy who can fight with mouth so who he made upset is beyond me.

Bring back Inzy. ;)

i think they will bring Shoaib Akhtar back into the team now and probably make him the captain.I heard recently in an article that shoaib wanted to captain pakistan team before retiring and this might be his chance.
Well anything is possible with PCB :facepalm

Well if it isn't match-fixing they're going to appeal it and be able to play again. There's no way the PCB is going to get away with banning players for performing a bit below par.

Present PCB is Biggest joke of all time. How hilarious it is that players are ban as they don't able to perform on a single tour and that too only due to this crappy board.I think it's enough and now PCB officials must be thrown out of their offices.
All players are at least better the these fatty PCB guys.
These inquiries are just joke but these bullshit decision are making our team more weak.
I don't have words to explain how angry I am on this decision.

They need to seperate the PCB from the government. It needs to be run by a private company and thus (hopefully) independent of politics.

I can pretty much pinpoint what Yousuf was banned for. His issue with Butt wouldn't have impressed the powers of be. Not good for Pakistan cricket though, we now may have 4 teams that are of the standard of Zimbabwe.

As I understand it, none of them are banned, the PCB are just saying that they will never be picked again. Seems a bit harsh regarding Younis and Yousef though, it's obvious that they were pushed into being Captain by the board, now they're being criticised for doing a bad job.

Even axing them for six months would be a big deal, they've got much cricket to play in that time and there's space for new players to stand up and make older ones obsolete. Especially if they can stick with the opening combo, then Umar Akmal and Fawad Alam are pretty obvious middle order batsmen and that really only leaves 2 more spaces to debate. If just one other batsman makes his name, then there's pressure for a first XI spot from the discarded players.

When Pakistan starts getting absolutely destroyed in their matches, they'll beg Younis and Yousuf back. I can only imagine how annoyed Pakistani fans must be from this news.

Users who are viewing this thread