Mohammad Yousuf and Younus Khan international careers terminated, others punished

LMAO, it was Sydney? After they were owning us? So that's what was with those tactics?

And I suppose Yousuf absolutely slogged the ball at Hauritz faster than a bullet, and knew he would catch it. And Younis fixed a game he wasn't playing?

I know! He's such a nice guy too, he seemed really polite when talking after getting MOTM against South Australia.

LMAO, it was Sydney? After they were owning us? So that's what was with those tactics?

And I suppose Yousuf absolutely slogged the ball at Hauritz faster than a bullet, and knew he would catch it. And Younis fixed a game he wasn't playing?
Younus was at the Champions Trophy semi-final with that dropped catch.

I'm just relating what the media is saying.

Younis and Yousuf banned for life means they have done something seriously bad. I am also guessing these bans will be overturned soon, but mst likely their actions must have been huge.

Why not life ban on Afridi? That guy always make a laughing stock of his country in international cricket. Maybe they cant afford a life ban on him.

agreed why this man wasn't banned instead of those two.

Ijaz Butt :mad:

Why doesnt he captain the Pakistan side ? Or does he want to bring Imran Khan and Jave Miandad out of retirement ?

This act was totally uncalled for and it is simply ridiculous on behalf of the PCB to ban its players for not performing up to expectations in the recently concluded tours.

My heart goes out to them now,seeing as they havent been chosen for the IPL as well.

PCB statement: Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan, keeping in view their infighting which resulted in bringing down the whole team, their attitude has a trickledown effect which is a bad influence for the whole team, should not be part of national team in any format.

I don't buy it, there is more to the story. I want to know who the 2 players were the ICC has evidence against.

Who would want to captain Pakistan in such a state ?
I doubt you will have any volunteers for the job now that the PCB has started handing out life-bans for non-performance.

What else would you attribute it to ? There was no revolt from the player's side as such- As in, we shall not play under Yousuf's captaincy or so.

Match Fixing! Until we get the names of the two players the ICC has evidence against, it will all be conjecture. I don't think anyone else has gotten a life ban for bad performance, and as far as I can remember all the life bans in cricket have been for match fixing.

Salim Malik, Hanse Cronje, Atar Rehman, M Azzarudin, Ajay Sharma

Last edited by a moderator:
Match Fixing! Until we get the names of the two players the ICC has evidence against, it will all be conjecture. I don't think anyone else has gotten a life ban for bad performance, and as far as I can remember all the life bans in cricket have been for match fixing.

Salim Malik, Hanse Cronje, Atar Rehman, M Azzarudin, Ajay Sharma
Well now, they aren't banned for life. They just will never be picked to play for Pakistan; they are free to play domestic cricket, and county cricket.

That's the difference between them and Salim Malik.

Users who are viewing this thread