Moments of the Year?

what about a minor leicestshire winning the 20/20 as underdogs, no one expected them to win it.

plympilgrim said:
what about a minor leicestshire winning the 20/20 as underdogs, no one expected them to win it.
Except for the 7 people (myself included) here who won a handy amount of vcash on it ;)

1.Gill's Back In Old form
1.ASHES Come Back To Us
2.warneys 704*
3.Roy's maiden 100

1 more gr8 moments for me :happy :clap :clap , has been waiting for 14 months for this one.

Attachments

• 69648.jpg
    69648.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 69932.jpg
    69932.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 70026.jpg
    70026.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 63
  • ashes.jpg
    ashes.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 58
  • humiliating.jpg
    humiliating.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Well for me the best moments of the year would be:
Ponting's back to back 100s in his 100th test
Aus vs SA, 20/20 with Aus scoring well over 200
Symonds runout against SA in Brisbane in an ODI
Clark player of the series in SA
Aus winning back the Ashes
Warne's 700th
Symonds' hundred
:D

Eng v Pak T20
Shahid Afridi amazing 6's
Yardy's great catch

Gloucs v Hants (F)
Warne run out for a duck
Fisher hitting Warne for six...then getting bowled by him

Also Lewis finally becoming a key memeber in the England ODI team

1. Srilankans reargaurd at Lords when they were down and out batting out 199 overs to get 537 for 9.
2. The Record chase by SAF
3. Sangakkara Jayawardane partership of 674

I only have one...

Winning back the Ashes!!! :hpraise :cheers :D

18.jpg

Last edited:
For me a memorable moment doesnt always have to be a happy one for your home team. Its something that you are likely to remember vividly 5 or ten years from now.
Some of my past moments that I can still recall seeing clearly in my mind....

Flintoff-Lee moment in the 2005 Ashes
Miandad's last ball six in Sharjah
Imran Khan's Karachi spell to the Indians
Waqar Younis destroying South Africa in SA with toe-crushers one after the other in a one-dayer when Pakistan were almost lost
Wasim and Waqar bundling NZ out in a test match in NZ in the fourth innings for less than 100 when they needed something like 120 to win
WI-ENG test match that was abandoned because of a dodgy pitch... some of those balls rearing up in Stewart and Athertons throat was just sickening/scary to watch...
WI 2004 champions trophy win over england
pakistans 1992 world cup win
the aus-sa 434 match
irfan pathans hattrick in the first over against pakistan
bangalore 1987 Pakistan win over Gavaskar... (not even India, it was a win over Gavaskar alone)
Waqar's yorker to Lara, bringing him to his knees
Gatting/Shakoor Rana
Ovalgate 2006
Kapils catch of Viv Richards 1983 WC Final
Rhodes Inzi runout 1992 WC
Zaheer Abbas murdering the spin quartet from India in 1978 and 1982
Vaas 4 wickets in first 5 balls v BDesh 2003 WC
Saeed Anwar getting out to a tired shot at 194 with the first ODI double century in his hands...
Pak Ind karachi ODI 2004
Kauwitharana getting out for nought as an opener in the 1996 WC, when the Lankan team was on 70! Jayasuriya had scored all those runs before kalu even got off the mark... incredible hitting by Sanath jayasuriya throughout that WC..
Same WC, burning fires in the Indian stands when SriLanka was beating India in the semifinal... match awarded to India...
Standing ovation to the pakistan team from the indian crowd after the 1999 victory in the first test....
ok cant remember too many more right now....

Last edited:
shahid6995 said:
For me a memorable moment doesnt always have to be a happy one for your home team. Its something that you are likely to remember vividly 5 or ten years from now.
Some of my past moments that I can still recall seeing clearly in my mind....

Flintoff-Lee moment in the 2005 Ashes
Miandad's last ball six in Sharjah
Imran Khan's Karachi spell to the Indians
Waqar Younis destroying South Africa in SA with toe-crushers one after the other in a one-dayer when Pakistan were almost lost
Wasim and Waqar bundling NZ out in a test match in NZ in the fourth innings for less than 100 when they needed something like 120 to win
WI-ENG test match that was abandoned because of a dodgy pitch... some of those balls rearing up in Stewart and Athertons throat was just sickening/scary to watch...
WI 2004 champions trophy win over england
pakistans 1992 world cup win
the aus-sa 434 match
irfan pathans hattrick in the first over against pakistan
bangalore 1987 Pakistan win over Gavaskar... (not even India, it was a win over Gavaskar alone)
Waqar's yorker to Lara, bringing him to his knees
Gatting/Shakoor Rana
Ovalgate 2006
Kapils catch of Viv Richards 1983 WC Final
Rhodes Inzi runout 1992 WC
Zaheer Abbas murdering the spin quartet from India in 1978 and 1982
Vaas 4 wickets in first 5 balls v BDesh 2003 WC
Saeed Anwar getting out to a tired shot at 194 with the first ODI double century in his hands...
Pak Ind karachi ODI 2004
Kauwitharana getting out for nought as an opener in the 1996 WC, when the Lankan team was on 70! Jayasuriya had scored all those runs before kalu even got off the mark... incredible hitting by Sanath jayasuriya throughout that WC..
Same WC, burning fires in the Indian stands when SriLanka was beating India in the semifinal... match awarded to India...
Standing ovation to the pakistan team from the indian crowd after the 1999 victory in the first test....
ok cant remember too many more right now....
Moments of the YEAR :p
The second test of the adelaide test was a great moment :D

ZoraxDoom said:

That was a good read although too much mention of that WR ODI :(
I never knew Harmy bowled a pre Harmy a few months ago as well.

This was a goodie

Folly of the year: In August, Duncan Fletcher called Monty Panesar the best finger-spinner in the world. By November, he wasn't even the best finger-spinner in England, losing his place for the first Ashes Test to Ashley Giles, match-less for a year, because of his weaker batting and fielding. In two Tests, Giles took three wickets at 87. He scored 74 runs, took one catch and dropped a critical one. By popular demand Panesar returned for the third Test and snared eight wickets in the graveyard of spin that is Perth. Rearrange: Egg. Fletcher. Face. On.

Users who are viewing this thread