Moments of the Year?

Monty sweeping Murali for a 6 at Trent Bridge, one of the highlights of a very poor day for England.

Jon Lewis taking his first Test wicket, and being a key member of the ODI team

andrew_nixon said:
Ryan ten Doeschate's performance for the Netherlands against Canada. 6/20 and 259 not out. Will (probably) sadly be ignored by most of you.
Not by me. Logged in on Cricinfo and checked the score, couldn't believe it. And ICC 05 has him down has a bowler who ever only scored 1 half-century for me and took a best of 5/85 in an entire season...

Warne's performance on Day 5 to ultimately win Australia the second test.

pietersen and collingwood's performance in a losing test match

I dont watch other countries play so mine are a tad biased

1. 5th day of Adelaide Test. WOW!!
2. Dizzys 200. lol
3. Aus/SA record game
4. Champions Trophy
5. The 'Harmy' ball

Another great moment from minor international cricket yesterday. In a 40 over match, Oman Under 15s scored 582 against Brunei Under 15s. I don't care what level it is, scoring at 14.5 an over is just amazing.

andrew_nixon said:
Another great moment from minor international cricket yesterday. In a 40 over match, Oman Under 15s scored 582 against Brunei Under 15s. I don't care what level it is, scoring at 14.5 an over is just amazing.
Well, they are under 15s. Younger than me. And from Oman and Brunei, there is a huge gulf. I mean, all they have to do is whack the ball. The Brunei bowlers probably struggle to keep it straight anyways and the fielding must be poor. Takes a lot of stamina to keep it going, but Oman has a lot of talent and Brunei just seems like it doesn't. The batsmen must have just found it too easy.

Maybe, the moment of the year for we Indian fans is yet to come, our first win on South African soil.
Hopefully we can pull it off after having SA at 160/5 chasing 402.

Other than that, for an Indian fan this has been a funny sort of a year which started off with a 4-1 win in Pakistan and then the 5-1 thrashing of ngland in ODIs.

The loss at Mumbai against England was a low and we only drew that series 1-1
Munaf Patel`s toe-crushers at Mohali were memorable .
Then came another high, a series win in the Carribean.

The ODI series defeat in the West Indies started off some poor ODI run of form which hasn`t ended yet.
Dwayne Bravo getting Yuvraj Singh out with 2 runs to get in the last 3 balls was for me the moment of the series.

Other than the Indian perspective, here are a few moments :
1.) Bangladesh`s stunning performance in the first test against Australia.
2.) SA`s 434 run-chase was awesome
3.) Jerome Taylor`s hat-trick at Mumbai in the Champions Trophy.
4.) The Oval fiasco
5.) Shoaib-Asif scandal

this was definately a good year to be a fan of cricket, alot of interesting stuff hapend. for me my top 5 would look somthing like this

#1 Mohammad Yousuf breaking Viv Richards record and going well past it.
#2 Murali geting his 50 5 for
#3 Asif and Akhtar scandal
#4 SAF chasing down 434
#5 Jayawardene and Sangakkara third wicket partnership of 624

No order.

- Gilchrist Hundred (not for the speed of the hundred but how well he struck the ball, shows he still has it).
- The 400+ massacre.

Can't think of anything :D

69767.jpg

That is all :D

Sreesanth's jig against Andre Nel

Everyone must already know what I am talking about. As bad as Indian Cricket has been this year, this has got to be the funniest moment in Indian Cricket History! I can watch it over and over and it still cracks me up!!

Here are the pics
Frame 1:http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/69700/69729.jpg
Frame 2:http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/69700/69730.jpg
Frame 3:http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/69700/69731.jpg

Heres some video of it:
**LINK REMOVED, DO NOT POST LINKS TO ILLEGALLY UPLOADED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL**

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Warne's 700
2) Australia winning the ASHES
3) The 2nd ASHES test.
4) WA vs TAS Pura Cup match @ WACA
5) Gilchrist's 100