Most beautiful grounds

Lords, home of cricket and you just can't beat seeing a test match there in the middle of summer.

Adelaide Oval is indeed beautiful. I saw a domestic Twenty/20 there. Such a nice ground. The bank with he trees, the old scoreboard, the stands which look great, not like some big piece of concrete, the fence is sooo close to the playing area.

Dambulla and Galle - Sri Lanka
Newlands and Boland Park, Paarl - South Africa
Queenstown - New Zealand

The MCG is the best ground in the world...but its got nothing on our ground here in canada. The Upper Brocton in Vancouver BC. A cricket field that is sourrounded by water and beautiful mountains. Although its not an official stadium, there is no better place to play cricket than at the Upper Brocton Oval.

The MCG is the best ground in the world...but its got nothing on our ground here in canada. The Upper Brocton in Vancouver BC. A cricket field that is sourrounded by water and beautiful mountains. Although its not an official stadium, there is no better place to play cricket than at the Upper Brocton Oval.
I think I've found it on google earth, it does look like the scenery is pretty special.

I forgot Queenstown. I saw an ODI there on TV last year and it was absolutely stunning. It was about more than just cricket.

The grounds in England aren't too special. Sophia Gardens is shaping up well now though.

The Rose Bowl!

Newlands is probably the best looking ground in the world, though. Brilliant backdrop seals it.

Boland Park

1710760.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Queenstown
Malaysia[ dunno what its called ]
Adelaide
Jo'burg
Sheikh Zayed,Abu Dhabi

Nothing beats Old Trafford for me.

Edgbaston as well. There's just something so quintessentially English about these grounds that I absolutely love.

I thought Edgbaston was ugly. For me the quintessential English ground would look more like a village green, perhaps with a church with a spire in the background, some oak trees and a good local pub just on the boundary. (It would also be in the 19th Century, ahhhhh the good ole days)

Bellerive Oval is right near a river, it looks very nice at times.

Users who are viewing this thread