Most Important "Whats your Fav" Thread!

Great to see people finally responding:cool:

Rep points to all who replied with a recommendation:cool:

Nice to see a good variety of beers being recommended, Results so far below. BTW I am currently enjoying a Nice Pint of IPA:cheers

Cheers

Kev

Attachments

• beer_rec.jpg
    beer_rec.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'm on my 3rd pint of Carlsberg :cheers . I know I'm a bit of a ponce for drinking lager (eh John? ;) ) but hey, I like it :D

Btw what about spirits? For me it's a scotch, either straight or with a dash of coke or a JD and coke...hmmmm.

Last edited:
Spirits are fine, but its beer I wanna talk about:drink .

Remember there is no shame in drinking a good cold lager, only in drinking a strawberry flavoured alcopop!

I've just been enjoying 20 year old Lochside back home with my parents and sister. It was a bottle she recieved for her 21st 4 years ago and we were just finishing it off.
That was preceded by 2/3 bottle of NZ Sauvingon Blanc. Having lived in Malborough and worked in a Vineyard I'm a bit of a wine snob so I really appreciated the quality wine tonight.
This time of year I'll quite often have a beer when I get in from work just as relaxation. You tend to need to it when you spend your time working with kids!!!
I, like Jonah it sounds, only drink Beer and Whiskey though.

barmyarmy said:
I, like Jonah it sounds, only drink Beer and Whiskey though.
Whiskey? :eek:

Being as you are up in Scotland Colin, I do hope that's a typo!

kevmead said:
Remember there is no shame in drinking a good cold lager, only in drinking a strawberry flavoured alcopop!
So far the only good lagers mentioned have been Cobra and Kingfisher. Having said that, Its hard to find decent lager on draught. Anyone tried Schiehallion from the Harvistoun brewery? Cask conditioned lager at its best.

Also, anyone sampled the Kronenbourg Weissbier? If you like Leffe or Hoegaarden, its really very good.

Apologies for having my "beer-ponce" head on. :cheers

Last edited:
Yeah I have tried Kronenbourg Wiess, its not as good as german wiessbeers but a fine beer anyway. I have not tried Schiehallion, I will have to seek it out.

Last edited:
My favourite drink is castlemaine xxx or vodka and orange...
I once passed out after drinking 48 shots of vodka and orange in one session in like 5 mins with the lights out and a strobe light on the quickest flashing thing lol !!

not sure you could drink 48 shots in 5 mins, thats a lot of vodka.
Your vote for castlemaine XXXX moves it into joint second with Stella still leading.

Last edited:
Carlton Draught has trivia under the caps. Hence it has become my fave. It was already one of my prefered tap beers. Easy enough to drop and very refreshing if you earnt it.

angryangy said:
Carlton Draught has trivia under the caps. Hence it has become my fave. It was already one of my prefered tap beers. Easy enough to drop and very refreshing if you earnt it.
Drink and Trivia all in one bottle, excellent.

FishBowlMan said:
A bottle and a half of vodka in 5 minutes? I'm surprised you're not dead!
Lol i know !! i was seriously wasted though and had like a two day hangover :crying

Carlsberg Export is my fave, nice and strong, Stella on draught is nice but im not that keen on stell from a bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread