Most Memorable Moment

Watching the collapse of the Aussie innings in the 20/20 match last summer whilst trying to revise for a Geography exam the next day.

Someone mentioned the Donald v Atherton battle, that is also one of my favourite moments in cricket, it sums up everything test cricket is about.

Perhaps Devon Malcolm being bounced by I think it was Fannie de Villiers, and then coming out and picking up 9 wickets in the innings in one of the most devastating spells of fast bowling in the last 30 years.

I vividly remember Sachin Tendulkar's knocks at Sharjah against Australia in 1998. He made 134 in the last group game, and then 144 in the final (which happened to be on his birthday) to seal the issue for India. Also the fightback with Azhar and Sachin against South Africa at cape town in 1996. Sheer brilliance.

But most memorable of all is 2001 Kolkata. 'nuff said :) :p

There are many,but If Im to pick one which not only made it memorable but also got me hooked into the game,it would be Steve Waugh's tussle with Curtly Ambrose in some test match in the West Indies.Ambrose just kept bowling short deliveries at him and Steve Waugh although somehow managed to keep them out for a while.There was quite a bit of chatter going between the two as well to make things even more interesting.

My other pick would be Tendulkar's performance against Pakistan in the last World Cup,that was a truly brilliant knock even though it wasnt a century in the end.

sid_19840 said:
There are many,but If Im to pick one which not only made it memorable but also got me hooked into the game,it would be Steve Waugh's tussle with Curtly Ambrose in some test match in the West Indies.Ambrose just kept bowling short deliveries at him and Steve Waugh although somehow managed to keep them out for a while.There was quite a bit of chatter going between the two as well to make things even more interesting.
..and Richie Richardson had to sort out everything in the end.

Off the top of my head, Waqar's famous yorker to Lara that has been etched in my memory, and the final day of the Multan test against England last year.

Glenn McGrath falling over that cricket ball at Edgebaston! 5-0 that Glenn!

I also loved that 20/20 match when Freddie took a catch and drop-kicked the ball about 7 foot in the air! I did that once wearing sandles; not clever! :(

Some other memorable events for me are,

1) Tendulkar's treatment Vs Caddick in WC2003
2) Tendulkar's treatment Vs Akthar in WC2003
3) Tendulkar's treatment Vs HenryOlanga in Sharjah Final.
4) Tendulkar's 186* Vs NewZealand...well i expected 200 that match!!!
5) Jayasuriya's treatment Vs VenkateshPrasad ( almost every match, he punishes Prasad badly )
6) South Africa's world record chase.
7) Klusener's match winning knocks in WC99 ( almost all the matches...Zulu took almost to the finals but unlucky at the end )
8) Ganguly repeating Flintoff's action in Natwest Final.
9) Lara's 400
10)Kumble's 10 wickets against Pakistan!!!

:happy :happy :happy

surendar said:
6) South Africa's world record chase.

Agreed! I remember getting half dressed when I flicked across that match! I ended up watching the whole of that match with just my jeans on! An absolutley enthralling contest! I couldn't help but feel sorry for Mick Lewis though, his Aus career must surely be over after that! :(

First, just has to be the last day at Edgbaston, 2005, England v Australia. I feel privilaged to have witnessed it, the most amazing atmosphere I've ever felt.

Another one is the ball Giles bowled to Lara in the 2004 summer series, can't remember which ball it was. Lara came down the pitch and got bowled middle stump. I know Giles has his critics but not anyone could bowl Brian Lara through the gate!

Freddie's innings at Edgbaston 2005, especially the partnership with Simon Jones, and that over he bowled to Langer and Ponting, removing them both are also up there.

That treatment Tendulkar gave Olonga was superb! I remember my uncle recording that video, and i've seen it hundred times now.

I remember when McGrath had that confrontation with either Sarwan or Chanderpaul (not sure who) an there was some furious words being exchanged! Nice that the West Indies went on to win that match! :D

Users who are viewing this thread