• Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharmasala

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Newlands Capetown

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That stadium in Himachal Pradesh is certainly the most picturesque in India, if not the world. Amazing scenary!

Last edited:
Those Indian grounds in the IPL look horrid - dirty, hot, with the fat rich cats sitting on leather couches, and the poor getting crushed to death, all caged up - disgraceful.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
It's hard to pick, most of those picturesque grounds are really beautiful. The Himachal Pradesh ground possibly is the nearest ground to a mountain but I would go for Bellerive Oval cause it's just stunning with the sea, mountain and the houses near it.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Those Indian grounds in the IPL look horrid - dirty, hot, with the fat rich cats sitting on leather couches, and the poor getting crushed to death, all caged up - disgraceful.

What are you on about, Chennai and Bangalore are fine stadiums.

Crushed to death...? :confused:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

DY Patil (Mumbai), Chepauk (Chennai), Chinnaswamy (Bangalore) were really fine stadiums. Eden Gardens (Kolkata) is being renovated but even that stadium looked good. The crowd and the aerial view makes you think that the people are crushed like to death. Of course, the richer ones will have more comfortable seats and best view.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

HAve you ever been there? I`ve been there at the DY Patil stadium lots of times and there are bucket seats there. In fact, all Indian grounds ahve bucket seats and comfortable seating. Nothing like you think. The newer ones like the DY Patil Stadium, the stadium at Hyderabad, Jaipur, Nagpur are all world class facilities. Chennai is looking great with those new stands and I hear the whole ground will have those new look stands, come the world cup.

What might make you get an impression like that could be the fact that most of theg ames in India ahve absolutely sellout crowds. A stadium with a capacity of 45,000 - 55,000 would more often than not have that many people in the ground turning up unlike many other countries. When every seat is occupied, you might just get a feeling that people are crushed to death in the venues.

P

pcfan123

I used to think this was horrible but its no different to soccer games in Europe. Basically cricket fans in the SC are just as wild and unpredictable as soccer fans in Europe who are also kept behind animal caging.

Shame really, I'd never want to see a match in that sort of stadium unless I was in the higher rows and could see over the caging.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
My vote goes to Dharamsala. But get some international matches there:D:D.

And Good stadiums in India, I vote for Rajiv Gandhi Stadium. Reasonable entry fare, good seating and good view:yes!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
What does he know? He's just some random firangi.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Those seats are bloody expensive, especially for the IPL. My uncle payed close to 5000 rupees (~$100 USD) for one of those 'poor' seats.

Users who are viewing this thread