Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
No love for any of the current pacers? :( Bruce Taylor is another one that could feel hard done by.

Attempting a personal strongest playing XI...

1. Glenn Turner
  2. Mark Richardson
  3. Kane Williamson:c:
  4. Ross Taylor
  5. Martin Crowe
  6. Brendon McCullum:wk:
  7. Chris Cairns
  8. Daniel Vettori
  9. Richard Hadlee
  10. Shane Bond
  11. Jack Cowie

Williamson over Flem, Richardson over the other two openers, Cairns over Reid and Cowie over the other pacers are the fairly contentious ones.

Nice, hard to argue yours here, maybe John R Reid here over Chris Cairns. A good case for Martin Donnelly too but too close to call with Ross Taylor. Hmmm I think Richardson could be challenged by Bert Sutcliffe.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated India 1930s...I had uploaded this side some time ago so just a few cosmetic changes and the squad has 16 players now. This is a squad that has the great Indian batsman, Vijay Merchant, and some of the pioneers of Indian Cricket in Lala Amarnarth, CK "The Colonel" Nayudu, underrated all-rounder Amar Singh, and the rapid Mohammed Nissar.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 40s.

At last I have completed India across the decades. It's been an interesting project and the last two weeks combing through so many players who played more than 10 years and across World War 2 has been challenging. However once again have a decent 1940s squad, players from the 30s and 50s could have played here. What is frightening is the amount of talent India had at this time, they just couldn't get that talent on the field at the same time.

Players like Vijay Merchant, Vijay Manrekar, Vijay Hazare, Rusi Modi, Vinoo Mankad, Polly Umirigar, Lala Amanarth, Fergie Gupte, Ghulam Ahmed, the list goes on and on, however for the 40s squad I had to narrow it down because of the war and to get some competitive balance when playing against over era teams and ensuring players did not play on more than one team.

So here we have the 1940s.

Vijay Hazare is now in the 40s and what a player, he is backed up in the batting with Rusi Modi, Syed Mushtaq Ali, and a trio of talented batsmen who excelled domestically in Gogumal Kishenchand, Chandu Sarwate, and Khandu Rangnekar.

There are leaders too in Abdul Hafeez Kardar who went onto play for Pakistan and also the Nawab of Pataudi Sr, who also played for England. Ranga Sohoni , left arm seamer Ghulam Mohammad and swing talent Nirode "Putu" Chowdhury, carry the bowling burden with Shute Banerjee.

I am looking forward to see how Shute Banerjee plays as he always seemed to be edged out by other talent in the 1930s such as Amar Singh and Mohammad Nissar.

Thank you to the uniform, bat, logo and stadium makers!

Enjoy![DOUBLEPOST=1598480949][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated India 1950s and India 1960s with small lineup changes. Was tempted to put Nari Contractor in the 1950s where he played most of his career, however for balance and also the fact that Contractor would have played more in the 1960s but for his head injury, he remains after much thought in the 1960s.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
So there it is.... A journey that started over a year ago on this version, and three years across DB17, Ashes and Cricket 19 is now completed. Or at least this part of the journey is. I'm about to upload West Indies 1940s. It's come full circle as I started with West Indies 30s.

I've worked on and created a group of teams from the 1900s to 2010s that have represented the major nations of cricket (England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe) by decade. I did create an All Time Bangladesh team too as well as many All Time teams that I will update in the future.

I've tried where possible to create players who have made over 10 Test appearances for their country. This covers a lot of ODI players as well and maybe one day I'll attempt that too. I've created over a 1,300 players and also modified some bases of others such as @gleeso73, @wasteyouryouth @Dale88 (formerly @daleplayscricket), @blockerdave @relaxedanderson and @Spoobir and other assorted creators in the academy.

The philosophy had been to create individual teams with no player being on more than one team, enough for me to form my own fantasy league using the greatest of all time and for others to fill up their squads, by creating more choice. I've had a ball watching old videos on You Tube, scouring Cricket Archives and Cricinfo, or reading way too many books, such as Jarrod Kimber's, "Alternative history of Test Cricket", however the books that has influenced me the most are two books which have become my bibles. One from many years ago and the other more recently.

Both were written by Christopher Martin Jenkins, the excellent, "Top 100, cricketers of all time" and "The Complete Who's Who of Test Cricket", they have been the "go to" for additional player information. There have also been many others too many to mention, that I have used for research, as well as this site to which is a treasure trove of information.

The best thing of all is learning about T20 cricket over the past year, what a blast and of course and participating in the "Social Distancing T20 Tournament" and my "Fire In Babylon" squad which had a run into the final, that tournament deserves a constant praise during a difficult year.

So I will do my last decade upload, from here on it will be mainly updating all the squads. Although I do a have another project that I had woven into this one which deserves, I feel a bit more work, which won't take long as most of the players exist.

Thanks for all the encouragement, and thanks to the bat, logo, stadium, uniform creators out there,

Enjoy!

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So there it is.... A journey that started over a year ago, is now completed. Or at least this part of the journey is. I'm about to upload West Indies 1940s. It's come full circle as I started with West Indies 30s.

I've worked on and created a group of teams, that have represented the major nations of cricket (England, Australia, South Africa, West Indies, New Zeland, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe) by decade. I did create an All Time Bangladesh team too as well as many All Time teams that I will update in the future.

I've tried where possible to create players who have made over 10 Test appearances for their country. This covers a lot of ODI players as well and maybe one day I'll attempt that too. I've created over a 1,300 players and also modified some bases of others such as @gleeso73, @wasteyouryouth @Dale88 (formerly @daleplayscricket), @blockerdave @relaxedanderson and @Spoobir and other assorted creators in the academy.

The philosophy had been to create individual teams enough for me to form own fantasy league using the greatest of all time and for others to fill up their squads, by creating more choice. I've had a ball watching old videos on You Tube, scouring Cricket Archives and Cricinfo, or reading way too many books, such as Jarrod Kimber's, "Alternative history of Test Cricket", however the books that has influenced me the most are two books which have become my bibles. One from many years ago and the other more recently.

Both were written by Christopher Martin Jenkins, the excellent, "Top 100, cricketers of all time" and "The Complete Who's Who of Test Cricket", they have been the "go to" for additional player information. There have also been many others too many to mention, that I have used for research, as well as this site to which is a treasure trove of information.

The best thing of all is learning about T20 cricket over the past year, what a blast and of course and participating in the "Social Distancing T20 Tournament" and my "Fire In Babylon" squad which had a run into the final, that tournament deserves a constant praise during a difficult year.

So I will do my last decade upload, from here on it will be mainly updating all the squads. Although I do a have another project that I had woven into this one which deserves, I feel a bit more work, which won't take long as most of the players exist.

Thanks for all the encouragement, and thanks to the bat, logo, stadium, uniform creators out there,

Enjoy!
Amazing stuff. You can now settle down and embrace your new found love of t20.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 1940s.

So I thought this team would be hard to create, however I was surprised that I was able to create a squad of 17 players. This too without using legendary 3 Ws who are in the 1950s squad.

There are one or two of this squad that were part of the legendary West Indies 1950 touring side to England a team I am about to update after this.

I was very interested to discover the talented players in the 1940s who were on the wrong side of history because of the second world war, they become part of my "What might have beens", another discovery of this squad is that there were brothers and cousins who played in this side.

So it's the bowling that caught the eye here, there is a long line of pacers to choose from, headed by the new ball partnership of Prior Jones and Hines Johnson. The choice of backups is wide and will test selection skills, there are fast mediums, Esmond Kentish, Lance Pierre, left armer Tyrell Johnson, John Trim and Foffie Williams, yes that's right, Foffie.

In the spin department there are three leggies, there is bald headed Wilfred Ferguson, prodigy John Cameron, and Bertie Clarke. The batting is weaker, for the reasons I stated above but there is talent, in the stylish Ken Rickards, the brilliantly nicknamed and aggressive Ken "Bam Bam" Weekes, (Weekes was the cousin of the much more famous Everton Weekes). "Bam, Bam" might be better known had in played in another era without a World War. Such was his fate to peak in the 1940s.

Then there is the graceful and captain on this occasion, Vic Stollmeyer (brother of the more well known, Jeff Stollmeyer), talented Kenneth Trestrail and the man who is the answer to a sports trivia question.

Who is the man with the highest batting Test Average of all time?

Andy Ganteaume. Avg 112. A proper one test wonder who scored a century on his Test debut in Trinidad in 1948 and never batted again. Selected 9 years later was selected to tour England in 1957 but didn't play! I have discovered was anti establishment and the politics of West Indies cricket of the time, as made him into an eternal statistical curiosity. However he is the wicket-keeper here, no problem.

Finally there is the promising all round talent of Jimmy Cameron and the batting of George Carew.

Jimmy Cameron
along with his more talented brother John were sons of Joseph Cameron, who played in the first West Indies squad to tour England in 1906, 24 years before Test status was achieved). George Carew as far as I am aware is no relation to more well known West Indies star of the 1960s, Joey Carew!

So the project is complete. I will now spend my time, updating teams I have uploaded with one or two players I may have missed first time around or using new details I have discovered.

Thank you to the uniform, logo, bat and stadium makers.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
I have updated the legendary 1950 Tour to England squad with the accurate squad, and the inclusion of a man born to play T20 cricket in Roy Marshall.

Roy Marshall, was one of the most entertaining players on the county circuit during the 1950s and 1960s. If T20 had existed he would have been a star. He is the template at Hampshire that influenced the play of Gordon Greenidge and then Robin Smith.

Also updated the West Indies 1950s decade squad to include Roy Marshall.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Amazing stuff. You can now settle down and embrace your new found love of t20.

I can't get enough of T20! Can't believe I've discovered it, in the year of Covid, still I get my fix, matching up these All Time Great sides! Can't believe I got excited the other day watching Victor Trumper stroll to the crease, these boys really do come alive. My favourite T20 All Time side to mess with is the 1900s England team, led by CB Fry, just unbeatable, AI vs AI. :)

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated South African 1900s and 1910s.

A few cosmetic changes with players and one or two moving between 1910s squad and 1900s, there are renowned standouts in both sides. Dave Nourse, Jack Hobbs, Aubrey Faulkner, Jimmy Sinclair, Bert Vogler, Reggie Schwartz, to name some.

However the biggest inclusion is Krom Hendricks in the 1900s who was once called the "Spofforth of South Africa". He was left out a tour to England in the 1890's because of his colour at the suggestion of Cecil Rhodes who did not want him to play. Krom was barred from all cricket by 1897, after a career that really came out of nowhere in 1892.

Jack Marsh, Eddie Gilbert, Frank Roro, Eric Peterson, Owen Williams, and many others talented enough in my anti apartheid world will later be included in their respective squads of this period for the same reason. After all why leave them out when there talent indicated that they could have played.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated and realigned South Africa, 1950s and 1960s. Trevor Gooddard their great allrounder now sits in the 1960s only.

Also made a couple of additions to the 1950s and1960s squads including the infamous blonde hair quickie, Geoff Griffin.

Griffin was unlucky as he was excluded from Test cricket for chucking in the 1960s. In today's game, he more likely would be ok.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded All World squads for 1900s and 1910s

Loads of legends in one place if you start a league of greats.

The kits are a very vanilla! All the players are from what I have previously uploaded.

Here you will see for example, Jack Hobbs from England on the same team as Aubrey Faulkner, from South Africa.

Charles Kortwright, Bart King and Krom Hendricks did not play Test Cricket but are included. This is a nod to @blockerdave wonderful "Barbarians" squad.

As I go through each decade I will include those unlucky players who history has largely forgotten.

The rules are for this series the same as before when I did national decade teams. No player can play on more than one decade team. So Viv Richards though he debuted in the 1970s will only play in the 1980s squad.

So these are to sum up World XI squads for each decade.

Next the 1920s.

Thanks to the bat, uniform, stadium, logo makers!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1920s ALL TIME This side is mostly made up of Aussies!

The first eleven line up is as follows,

Bill Ponsford, (AUS), Bill Woodfull, (AUS and capt), Herbert Sutcliffe. (ENG) Herbie Collins (AUS, vice capt), Ernest Tyldsley (ENG),Jack Gregory (AUS), Maurice Tate (ENG), Bert Oldfield (AUS), Tich Freeman (ENG), Clarrie Grimmett (AUS), Ted McDonald (AUS).

None of the South Aficans made it. Though Sid Pegler, Buster Nuppen, George Hearn and Bob Catterall are in the squad of 28.

Also in the squad are, Bert "Dainty" Ironmonger, Jack Ryder, Arthur Mailey, Alan Kippax, Patsy Hendren, Percy Holmes, Charles "Jack" Russell, Arthur Gilligan, Andy Sandham, George Geary, George Macaulay, and George Duckworth.

I had to make decision at the top of the order, with Herbert Sutcliffe dropped to number 3 to preserver the opening partnership of Woodfull and Ponsford. Same with the opening bowling pair of McDonald and Gregory when Maurice Tate could have opened.

There are some class spinners too with Clarrie "The Fox" Grimmett, and "Tich" Freeman chosen ahead of "Dainty" Ironmonger and Arthur Mailey.

There are a few tweaks to some players previously uploaded, such as Jack Ryder (Aus 20's), Bob Catterall (SA 1920s), Maurice Tate (Eng 1920s), and Patsy Hendren (Eng 1920s), I've updated their squads and re-uploaded too.

Thanks for the logo, bat, stadium, uniform makers and other contributors to bases that I had thanked previously, especially @gleeso73

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1930s All Time.

A few adjustments to some players here to keep them standardized such as Maurice Tate, and Manny Martindale, and Learie Constantine. There are a few others, so if you want you may want to re-download the players.

So many batsmen to choose from, Don Bradman, Wally Hammond, George Headley, Vijay Merchant, Eric Rowan, Stan McCable, Herbie Collins, Les Ames, Eddie Payner, Stewie Dempster, Ernest Tyldesly, Learie Constantine, Frank Roro. Dudley Nourse to name a few and spinners such as Tiger O'Reilly, and Tich Freeman. As for pace, Martindale and Harold Larwood make a fearsome opening pair! Eddie Gilbert, Bill Voce, Bill Bowes, Ted McDonald, Jack Gregory, and Laurie Nash are also available.

There are plenty to choose from and my dream of a World League gets closer and closer. ( I didn't think I could do it, but now it's possible) creating a dream team 1930s league is even more possible, as New Zealand, India and the West Indies joined the Test Cricket party.

I've broadcasted two T20s the last two nights and both games came down to the final two balls.

1920s vs 1910s - The 10s won it when Jack Gregory just couldn't hit it out in the final over and last night 1920s beat the 1930s in a tight contest that came down to the last two balls, this time Jack Gregory set up the victory with a blistering 69.

Imagine bowling to a front line batting of Bradman, Headley, Merchant and Hammond!

Thanks to the logo, stadium, bat, and uniform makers!

PS I am not a good uniform maker but I think the 1930s orange kit is ok! If your looking for time period stadiums to use, @gleeso73 has some excellent stadiums.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1940s all stars.

From Australia, Keith Miller, Arthur Morris, (op). Colin McCool, Ray Lindwall, Lindsay Hassett, Sid "Bagga" Barnes (op), Bill Johnston, Ian Johnson, and Don Tallon (WK)

From England, Denis Compton, Len Hutton (op and capt), Bill Edrich, Jack Robertson, Joe Hardstaff Jr, Cyril Washbrook (op) , Alec Bedser, Norman Yardley, Godfrey Evans (WK) , Doug Wright,

From India, Rusi Modi, (op), Vijay Hazare, Syed Mushtaq Ali.

From New Zealand, Martin Donelly, (op), Jack Cowie, Verdun Scott,

From South Africa, Athol Rowan, Tufty Mann, Alan Melville,

From West Indies, Prior Jones, Hines Johnson, Ken "Bam Bam" Weekes,

Slight rating adjustment for Jack Robertson, Tufty Mann, and Athol Rowan and Joe Hardstaff Jr.

Which test X1 do you choose from this? Ray Lindwall, Keith Miller, Lindsay Hassett are must starts. How could you leave out Compton? Hutton? and Bedser? Martin Donelly would have been a star in any era. South Africa have two excellent spinners but are they any better than England's Doug Wright? or Norman Yardley.

Which keeper both outstanding? Don Tallon or Godfrey Evans? As for an opening pair, to partner Hutton? You could have Arthur 'Morris, Syd "Bagga" Barnes or the pugnacious Cyril Washbrook from England or India's Rusi Modi? After all these decisions, can you play the exceptional Vijay Hazare. Joe Hardstaff Jr or Bill Edrich?

Pace options? Well if Miller and Lindwall are in with Bedser, do you go with another seamer? Bill Johnston? or the two West Indians, Prior Jones and Hines Johnson?

Thanks to the logo, stadium, bat, and uniform makers!

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread