Move Street Cricket II

Pls review as soon as possible as the price is very reasonable in PSN :yes

Will play a little tonight and review it! Review will only be based on the 'Move' play (whether it has improved or is the same) + any new modes etc!

I just want to know whether the batting motion has become a little realistic or not...And by the when u downloaded the game from PSN how much was the space required 526mb as given in PSN or more than that...:cheers

Will play a little tonight and review it! Review will only be based on the 'Move' play (whether it has improved or is the same) + any new modes etc!

@Angad: Where is the review hope u post it tomorrow as no one has reviewed or even showed glimpse of gameplay anywhere....:cheers

@Angad: Where is the review hope u post it tomorrow as no one has reviewed or even showed glimpse of gameplay anywhere....:cheers

Alright...here it is :D:

Well....played the game for a little more than a couple of hours and I have to say....I am impressed by some features and undecided for some more!! Here are some of the things that I thought are worth sharing, but do remember, I have played this game for only a couple of hours, so this really might not be a fair review :p!

Anyways, the game file is 500+mb as has already been mentioned, so it took me half an hour to download and then a few more minutes to install the game!

The first match I played was using a DS3 as I wanted to see what the developers had added for this mode, specially since I felt the gameplay in Move Street Cricket 1 was damn boring when played with a DS3. I am pleased to say that, it seems, the developers have added a lot of fun elements that make this game feel awesome when played with a DS3. I mean, playing with a move controller is fun, but at the end of the day, you really do not want a game that is fun to play only when using a motion sensing gimmick, and that is where this game really excels over the previous version, for me atleast! Now, when playing with a DS3, you need to choose your footwork (front foot or back foot), use the left stick to aim and decide the 'power' for the shot, have the option to play defensive, attacking ground or lofted shots! Infact, it seems the developers have kind of copied the controls from IC2010, which really is not a bad thing in my opinion. The gameplay when using a DS3 is really superb now, and I would not be surprised if a lot of people ditched the move controller from time to time, and played this game using the DS3. The only complaint I have with the DS3 is that I was hardly able to time any shots when playing with it. It felt like I had to play the shot almost as soon as the ball was bowled, else I would be late on it.

There have been some changes made to the scoring now (or maybe it was just specific to the ground I played on). There are different scoring areas now that you can use to get different multipliers on the number of runs you run. For e.g. a wall on the leg side, when struck by the ball, would yield you 2X the runs that you ran. This makes the game more challenging, as even if you hit the wall, you would need to complete atleast 1 run which would add 2x1=2 runs to your scoreboard. If you do not complete the run, nothing is added to the scoreboard. This makes the run scoring pretty challenging!

Finally I decided to play this game using a controller for which this game was tailor made......i.e the move controller!! The controls are pretty similar to the first version of this game, however it felt like they were made much more harder to execute unless you are concentrating on the ball and have put in some hours in the pratice modes to get the timing right. The first game had perfect 1:1 tracking, and this version is no different, however the control seems much more tighter now. I, however, found it much difficult to execute some shots, specially behind the wicket, which were pretty easy to execute in the first game. Maybe it is because the level of assists has been reduced thus making batting more challenging. Batting in this game with the move controller is difficult, but it is not impossible and you feel a higher degree of satisfaction when you execute the shots perfectly! Also, the ball really moves around very realistically, thus making it even more challenging, which is a good thing!!

Bowling mechanics and controls have changed from the previous games, but I found it a little boring. Thankfully we now have the option of simulating an innings, over or a match...which I feel is God sent as really, batting in this game is much more fun!

There are a lot of new modes in this game, some of which are super fun to play. I really liked the duck challenge (basically some ducks keep approaching you, and you have to hit them with the ball before they reach your batting crease), as well as the sports center in which you are bowled balls from multiple sports like football, golf, tennis, basket ball etc, and you need to complete the challenge specific to that sport, for e.g you need to hit the football inside the net, hit the basket ball to the basket, golf balls to holes etc....this mode is really super fun to play.

The developer have added a lot of options for a match as well, and not only can you choose which bat you wanna use (mongoose is in there too), you can choose which 'ball' you wanna use as well!!! Yes you read it right....you can choose the ball you wanna play with. The choices are Tennis ball, Rubber ball and a 'Leather Ball'. Each kind of ball behaves differently, so when playing with a leather ball...you are better off concentrating more on timing than power. I personally love this new feature, as really, the biggest thing I missed in the first game was being able to bat with a move controller against a leather ball :D!!

Overall, the presentation and sound has been notched up by more than a few points, however, the graphics are not as good as you would expect in a ps3 game. I would say they are decent...but not mind blowing!

I also was not able to change the camera though. I can see it in the options menu, but am not able to select it. Maybe I am doing something wrong....!!!

All in all, I am way more impressed by this game than I had thought!! Specially at a price of Rs.599 it is really a steal!! Its is much more fun, advanced and deeper than the first game...and all the changes brought to this game seem to be well thought and based on the feedback from the fans!! I would really recommend everyone to buy this game....you really cant go wrong with it, specially at Rs599 :p!!!

I apologize for not posting any videos or pics....will try to capture some by tomorrow!!!

:cheers:

I just want to know whether the batting motion has become a little realistic or not...

Well personally I feel batting has become much more harder. I don't know, but I realised pretty early into the game that I would need to bat more realistically by looking at the ball closely and getting the timing right rather than trying to hit every ball out of the park.

Whether it (batting with move) is an improvement over the previous game or not, I would only be able to tell once I have played the game enough times. Overall though it's a much better and more polished product than the previous game.

Also, I forgot to mention in my review, I used to face a lot of calibration issues in the first game, like bat vanishing into the ground or being too high at different grounds.....however in this game, I did not feel any calibration issues at all. Infact there is a neat option to tilt your motion control sensor by 90 degree, 180 etc.

@ Angad:Thank u so much for the review and for the videos...I need to know the maximum number of overs that can be played in a match....:cheers:thumbs

@ Angad:Thank u so much for the review and for the videos...I need to know the maximum number of overs that can be played in a match....:cheers:thumbs

Did not check the maximum number of overs....will check it out tonight! I did play a 3 over match (default setting) and an 6 over match!! The previous game had 15 overs as the max...may be its the same in this game as well. Will check it out tonight and let you know. Maybe I will upload a video of all the options/modes available in the game.

nice videos angy :thumbs

Thank...though apologize for the bad quality due to the bad angle!! The battery of my digicam died, so had to use my cell which unfortunately could not be mounted to a tripod!

Nice videos Angad, the bowling once again appears to be in slow motion :(

But u have got the option of selecting the ball for the match.....:cheers

Batting via ds3 gets bore i guess

Its way better than the first game though!! I also like the changes to the gameplay made by the developers as they add a lot more depth to the gameplay. As mentioned in my post, in some areas/locations, you can only score boundaries straight down the ground, while the leg and off sides would have these walls, which when hit, provides a multiplier to the number of runs you 'run'. So, you have to place the ball strategically so that after hitting the wall you have enough time to complete the run. This adds a lot more depth to the gameplay than was available in the first game. I, infact, enjoyed playing with the Ds3 'as much' as playing with the move!

----------

Nice videos Angad, the bowling once again appears to be in slow motion :(

Some bowlers bowl pretty fast!!! They also seam the ball, bowling fast leg and off cutters. Some of these deliveries were just unplayable...though you would really notice these variations more when playing with the Move!!

I faced a team with a left arm fast bowler....he was pretty quick and sometimes the angle that he created from over the wicket was just brilliant!! The ball pitching on the stumps went 2 inches outside off and beat my straight drive by a long margin!!

Will try to get more gameplay videos with the Move against good teams in a proper match!!

Good one there, Angad. Haven't played this game (don't own a PlayStation), but it looks pretty good to me. The PS Move thing must surely be fun.
So, do the boundary length & other scoring areas vary with the type of playing area you select? Hope you get what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread