IPL Mumbai Indians-2014

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
The Mumbai squad doesn't look invincible but as we know no team has won the title going into the tournament with an invincible squad ;)

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
The Other thing Mumbai possibly can do is to play both Hazlewood & Malinga and go with 7 batsmen that will give depth to our batting and possibly a good opening bowler.
1. Parthiv (WK)
2. Chand
3. Tare
4. Rohit (c)
5. Rayudu
6. Anderson *
7. Polly *
8. Bhajji
9. Hazlewood *
10. Ojha
11. Lasith Malinga *
Sounds wierd but it can add to both our bowling and batting! :p

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
The Other thing Mumbai possibly can do is to play both Hazlewood & Malinga and go with 7 batsmen that will give depth to our batting and possibly a good opening bowler.
1. Parthiv (WK)
2. Chand
3. Tare
4. Rohit (c)
5. Rayudu
6. Anderson *
7. Polly *
8. Bhajji
9. Hazlewood *
10. Ojha
11. Lasith Malinga *
Sounds wierd but it can add to both our bowling and batting! :p

Good but not likely to be taken unless Finch goes horribly out of form.Why should we not use Finch after spending much money on him in the auction?

Siddhant007

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
For Me
A. Finch*
L. Simons*
R. Sharma
A. Raydu
P. Patel(WK)
U. Chand
K. Pollard*
L. Malinga*
R. Vinay Kumar
P. Ojha
H. singh
Batging Order could be change

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
For Me
A. Finch*
L. Simons*
R. Sharma
A. Raydu
P. Patel(WK)
U. Chand
K. Pollard*
L. Malinga*
R. Vinay Kumar
P. Ojha
H. singh
Batging Order could be change
OK good lineup.Only thing that bothers would be that except for the part time spin option of Rohit,we have no other bowling options other that the five bowlers,Malinga,Vinay,Ojha,Bhaji and Pollard.If one of them has a bad day we would be forced to rely on the below par spin of Finch or Rohit.So I would let Parthiv open and bring in Corey Anderson for Simmons.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Vinay Kumar, Finch and Chand are good buys. Ojha's action is still not cleared so he won't play for sure. I'm not sure about Mithun. Bumrah is the man to have as he did great job.

• Aaron Finch (foreign)
• Parthiv Patel
• Unmukt Chand
• Rohit Sharma
• Ambati Rayudu
• K Pollard (Foreign)
• Corey Anderson (Foreign)
• Harbhajan Singh
• Vinay Kumar
• Lasith Malinga (Foreign)
• Jasprit Bumrah

Lad is a batsman, not an allrounder. I'm excited about Hardik Pandya. He can do the job like Rishi Dhawan did for MI.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Good but not likely to be taken unless Finch goes horribly out of form.Why should we not use Finch after spending much money on him in the auction?
The place MI struggled last year was the unavailability of a proper third fast bowler due to which Rohit had to use Corey in the death. Thus , the inclusion of Haza would give MI a proper opening bowler who can get them a wicket or two upfront along with Vinay and Malinga for the death overs.
Alternately , MI can drop Anderson and play both Finch and Haza and with Punter in the thinking tank , You can probably expect that. So , the lineup would look like : Finch , Parthiv , Rayudu , Rohit , Chand , Pollard , Bhajji , Shreyas , Haza , Vinay , Malinga. Or if MI are to play Finch and Anderson , then Haza will have to warm the bench making way for Bumrah. Also , I'm not a big supporter of Ojha , he was useless in most of the matches last season.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Vinay Kumar, Finch and Chand are good buys. Ojha's action is still not cleared so he won't play for sure. I'm not sure about Mithun. Bumrah is the man to have as he did great job.

• Aaron Finch (foreign)
• Parthiv Patel
• Unmukt Chand
• Rohit Sharma
• Ambati Rayudu
• K Pollard (Foreign)
• Harbhajan Singh
• Vinay Kumar
• Jasprit Bumrah

Lad is a batsman, not an allrounder. I'm excited about Hardik Pandya. He can do the job like Rishi Dhawan did for MI.
He's been cleared.
Pragyan Ojha's action cleared by BCCI | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
• Aaron Finch (foreign)
• Parthiv Patel
• Unmukt Chand
• Rohit Sharma
• Ambati Rayudu
• K Pollard (Foreign)
• Harbhajan Singh
• Vinay Kumar
• Jasprit Bumrah
This seems to be the most probable squad but no. 5 is just not the position for Rayudu. He's best for no. 3 with Chand at 5.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
This seems to be the most probable squad but no. 5 is just not the position for Rayudu. He's best for no. 3 with Chand at 5.
But in my opinion Rayudu is much better a finisher than Chand.I would say if the Opening clicks then let Rayudu go in at 3.If not Chand may go out and provide solidarity.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I still don't know why Mumbai invested so much on young Indian uncapped allrounders.I don't think they would feature in the final XI at least once.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner

• Aaron Finch (foreign)
• Parthiv Patel
• Unmukt Chand
• Rohit Sharma
• Ambati Rayudu
• K Pollard (Foreign)
• Harbhajan Singh
• Vinay Kumar
• Jasprit Bumrah

Perfect lineup.:thumbs

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
They should let go of one of their overseas batsmen as they rarely change their line-up. Addition of Finch makes the squad look strong on paper, the actual composition is where they will be tested.

Users who are viewing this thread