Mumbai Indians - #BestOfTheBest

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Franchises like PBKS and SRH have 30 to 40 cr at their disposal. No chance that MI get any of the marquee players like that, especially all rounders of them all.

I'm still confused as to why everyone seems to be reiterating this point. :p

Here are the overseas blokes that will play for these two sides for sure..

SRH

Markram
Phillips
Jansen (very likely)

PK

Bairstow
Rabada
Livingstone

Even if SRH doesn't play Jansen, they need a wicket-keeper and it is unlikely that they will go without a single overseas bowler in any case despite having a strong domestic attack. Punjab will always play the above mentioned trio and also have Rajapaksa and Ellis to contend with. Both of these sides can afford to splash the money on one all-rounder and nab them for sure. It's unlikely they'll go for two or all three.

MI have the fourth highest purse in the auction. Delhi and Gujarat don't have particular need of Curran's services which means they'll only have to contend with Preity's craze for him and CSK's desperation for him to return home. I don't think LSG need him either, they'll perhaps make a token bid or two to jack up the price in order to keep other teams honest. I understand not believing in the side getting a marquee player if you have the purse of a KKR or RCB but MI have plenty of money to splash on a player that will boost their side tremendously. I don't think them releasing the likes of Mills, Sams and Meredith was a coincidence either, they wanted to free up money for targetting Curran. He's also a part of their sister franchise in the SA20 league which will only make them more interested.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
  1. :bat: Rohit Sharma :c:
  2. :wkb: Ishan Kishan :wk:
  3. :bat: Dewald Brevis :os:
  4. :bat: Suryakumar Yadav
  5. :ar: Tilak Verma
  6. :ar: Tim David :os:
  7. ?
  8. :ar: Jofra Archer :os:
  9. :bwl: Kumar Kartikeya
  10. :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah
  11. :bwl: Jason Behrendorff :os:
This year's first XI is looking much more settled and impactful than last year. We are going into the auctions quite optimistic I feel. Just need a good Indian all rounder at 7 and we are good to go.

@NILAYSHAH60 @AliB @Bigby Wolf @Ohm @Naman7 @GOKUL RAJ KAMARAJ

I'd suggest Shokeen in place of Behrendorff. Sam Curran would be really excellent choice at 7th but I don't think it would be quite possible. Holder can be a good option too, although he can not offer what Curran can offer in death bowling. But Bumrah and Archer can be trusted for that, and Holder can bowl in Powerplay.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'd suggest Shokeen in place of Behrendorff. Sam Curran would be really excellent choice at 7th but I don't think it would be quite possible. Holder can be a good option too, although he can not offer what Curran can offer in death bowling. But Bumrah and Archer can be trusted for that, and Holder can bowl in Powerplay.
Sam Curran in the IPL death overs
Econ 11.12
Average 21.2
Strike Rate 11.4

Jason Holder in the IPL death overs
Econ 9.31
Average 12.7
Strike Rate 8.2

Holder actually has the best bowling average in the death overs since 2018.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 13.43.53.png

Thank You For Coming to My TED Talk

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Sam Curran in the IPL death overs
Econ 11.12
Average 21.2
Strike Rate 11.4

Jason Holder in the IPL death overs
Econ 9.31
Average 12.7
Strike Rate 8.2

Holder actually has the best bowling average in the death overs since 2018.

View attachment 273222

Thank You For Coming to My TED Talk

Yeah but why are you considering that timeline given that we are looking for options to play between 2023 to probably 2025. Sounds like you are trying to put up a team of the decade or something with that data. Below links will guide you to how those two have done in the format in last 2 years - which imo would give a proper ground for concluding recent form.

T20I -
Not to forget when reading stats above that Curran featured in Super 12 & Final stage of recently concluded world cup unlike Holder.

All T20 -
IPL -
Also I'd add that it is unwise to assume that IPL franchises would solely count on IPL stats to make their decisions. Overall, Curran has conceded half the no of sixes as of Holder in nearly same amount of deliveries; says lot about what he can do at death overs.

Last edited:

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Don't think that Sam Curran is coming to Mumbai. MI has cleared traded Behrendorff during the Transfer window. That means they are looking to make him a regular in the first XI.

Keeping the above in mind, four overseas :os: can be,

:ar: Dewald Brevis/Tristan Stubbs
:ar: Tim David
:ar: Jofra Archer
:bwl: Jason Behrendorff

MI will be heavily targetting a good Indian Spin All Rounder since it has released all its spinners except Kartikeya & Shokeen and both of them are too raw and need an experienced spinner at their disposal.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Yeah but why are you considering that timeline given that we are looking for options to play between 2023 to probably 2025. Sounds like you are trying to put up a team of the decade or something with that data. Below links will guide you to how those two have done in the format in last 2 years - which imo would give a proper ground for concluding recent form.

T20I -
Not to forget when reading stats above that Curran featured in Super 12 & Final stage of recently concluded world cup unlike Holder.

All T20 -
IPL -
Also I'd add that it is unwise to assume that IPL franchises would solely count on IPL stats to make their decisions.

PS: just struck to me, @wasteyouryouth's analysis suggests that even likes of Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, Ngidi, etc. are better than someone named player of the tournament in world cup :p

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

T20I -

All T20 -
IPL -
Also I'd add that it is unwise to assume that IPL franchises would solely count on IPL stats to make their decisions. Overall, Curran has conceded half the no of sixes as of Holder in nearly same amount of deliveries; says lot about what he can do at death overs.
I looked at wider time scale because Curran missed the last tournament and I was specifically looking at IPL. His form has been brilliant this winter - in Australia. I don't think he could buy a wicket in the summer. If that form translates to India then it'll be great, particularly for England for the next World Cup.

I doubt IPL teams look at purely stats in the IPL, I expect they look at profitably of a player, potential and other facts.

Also, think had a slightly different take on what constitutes death overs - last five. That probably makes some difference.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't think that Sam Curran is coming to Mumbai. MI has cleared traded Behrendorff during the Transfer window. That means they are looking to make him a regular in the first XI.

Keeping the above in mind, four overseas :os: can be,

:ar: Dewald Brevis/Tristan Stubbs
:ar: Tim David
:ar: Jofra Archer
:bwl: Jason Behrendorff

MI will be heavily targetting a good Indian Spin All Rounder since it has released all its spinners except Kartikeya & Shokeen and both of them are too raw and need an experienced spinner at their disposal.

Kartikeya is proper class. You wouldn't need another frontline spinner other than him. I don't see a good Indian spin all-rounder so far in the auction (is Mulani up for grabs?).

I still have no idea why MI fans want Behrendorff to play when he is a shadow of his former self. Trading him in doesn't mean he's going to be a first team player, Rutherford and Markande were also traded by some franchises and I don't remember them playing more than a few games at best.

Users who are viewing this thread