Murali retiring after Galle test

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He said that he may be available for it if required.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Come on, we wanna see those dhusras and the "chucking" whiners who fall for 'em!

Hope ain't too legitimate for Infraction.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
If he'd got any more wickets from no balls he'd be Sima Qian.

Great bowler, probably produced one of the biggest cricketing disputes of all time, bigger than Ponting v Tendulkar fosho. Has struggled recently however so it's good he can go out on a high.

Robelinda

International Coach
I remember being at the MCG in 1995 basking in the magnificence of a Boon ton on day 1, couldnt believe it when i got home and saw the news about chucking controversy! I just didnt notice it all day on the field! Huge Boon fan ya know.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, at a certain time he would retire.

Also this is written: 'While he will not play the subsequent tri-series, and will pick and choose which ODIs to play in, Murali will be available for selection if the team needs him for the 2011 World Cup, which Sri Lanka is co-hosting.'

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He should be in WC squad, on subcontinent he can prove what really he is. Nevertheless another great era of cricket comes to an end with murli's retirement.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
One of the best bowlers in the history of the game but will certainly be remembered more for his his action and the controversy that followed. Hope he gets the required wickets to reach the 800 mark barrier.

Chewie

BCCI President
He's going to end on 799 wickets :yes The last wicket in the game will be caught by him when he's bowling on the other end. You heard it here first.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
He'll need a miracle against India's supposed spin bowling expertise. Both he and Warne have struggled against India in the past so I suppose it's fitting he gets a chance to conquer them before he retires, albeit with fewer of their great spin-playing batsmen. Always did better against them at home though.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
unbelievable cricketer.

about that arm, I personally take the view that if bats, pads and wickets get sports scientists and designers pouring all over them, Murali is natures way of reminding them that muscle, bone and sinew still has a few tricks up its sleeve (pardon the pun)

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
It was going to happen, so no wonder.
He'll be greatly missed in cricket and by srilanka team

Bounce

County Cricketer
He might just return for the 2011 WC if required.

Owzat

International Coach
Finally chucking it in after after all these years is he. Someone must have told him Sri Lanka aren't playing Bangladesh again for a while :D

Users who are viewing this thread