My Batting Advice

After patch 2 I am hitting most of the balls in the air. Can anyone plz help.

Only way to stop it is to press both triggers down, but that causes the batsmen to play silly and strange shots. I used to play my aggresive shots with no triggers and it was fine pre patch 2, but now most shots are airborn and you will get caught pretty quickly.

Only way to stop it is to press both triggers down, but that causes the batsmen to play silly and strange shots. I used to play my aggresive shots with no triggers and it was fine pre patch 2, but now most shots are airborn and you will get caught pretty quickly.

IMO pull and cut shots are the biggest culprits. If they can fixed to be played along the ground a bit more, things would be fine.

IMO pull and cut shots are the biggest culprits. If they can fixed to be played along the ground a bit more, things would be fine.

Maybe the game isn't turning the player's wrists over far enough to keep the ball down, assuming it uses real physics to work out where it's going?

Just a thought.

I have to wonder if people are using the aggressive ground stroke modifier (Holding down LT+RT) when they are complaining that shots are too uppish. Using that modifier invariable makes the ball play along the ground when I use it.

No modifier = not intended to be ground strokes although proper timing will result in shots along the ground.
Aggressive modifier = not intended to be ground strokes - intended to blast the ball over the infield
Aggressive ground modifier = Intended to be ground strokes, but as before, play the right shots for the right balls

From all the footage I have personally captured, I can provide a good 10 min montage showing that ground strokes do indeed work, but if you're poor at timing the ball or the shot is inappropriate, it will either edge, miss, or go up in the air.

Last edited:
I think the issue with that is that people don't like the animations for the double trigger shots.

I guess, I mean I can't deny some of the animations are a bit funny! With that said though they are effective shots to punch that ball through the gaps.

Batting is impossible. I can't react quickly enough all the time. There will always be a delivery every few overs that I play too late and get caught behind. I'm amazing at spin bowling, but I am just not a good batsmen. I have made my peace.

Greetings Friends....

News for those who have just given up on the Batting and have assumed that we need to premeditate the shots everytime.

SOLUTION:

Concentrate on the Hand of the Bowler. There is enough indication and time for you to judge the line of the delivery i.e. Down the Leg, Straight at Stumps or Outside Off Stump.

I would advice to play Practice matches on Amateur mode to get familiar with this solution and then brush your skills on PRO mode.

Concentrate and watch the bowlers hand.....

Greetings Friends....

News for those who have just given up on the Batting and have assumed that we need to premeditate the shots everytime.

SOLUTION:

Concentrate on the Hand of the Bowler. There is enough indication and time for you to judge the line of the delivery i.e. Down the Leg, Straight at Stumps or Outside Off Stump.

I would advice to play Practice matches on Amateur mode to get familiar with this solution and then brush your skills on PRO mode.

Concentrate and watch the bowlers hand.....

Can you elaborate a bit more. What exactly are we supposed to look for when we watch the bowler's hand. I tried to do so but I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to figure out line & length from it. If there are any tells, do let me know.

Can you elaborate a bit more. What exactly are we supposed to look for when we watch the bowler's hand. I tried to do so but I'm sorry to say I wasn't able to figure out line & length from it. If there are any tells, do let me know.

The Release position from the Hand reveals what line the bowler is going to bowl towards leg, off or straight.
Just concentrate on the release and you will find out. The hand moves slightly.

The Release position from the Hand reveals what line the bowler is going to bowl towards leg, off or straight.
Just concentrate on the release and you will find out. The hand moves slightly.

Interesting. Will try to look for it and would appreciate if if you can post some pics or videos showing the difference with a fast bowler bowling.

Pretty easy to test, could be very useful if true.

ETA - Ok I've made a very quick check and it's not looking that likely.

This is a blow up of the release point of two deliveries from pro cam at 1900x1200. One delivery was short outside off stick, the other was a legside wide.

http://postimg.org/image/luzqmdnh9/

It really needs checking in a match on replay cameras so things can be given proper scrutiny, though. Maybe there's an effect a couple of frames forward or back from where I'm looking, or an effect visible on the other batting cameras.

Last edited:
In the nets you can pick the line most of the time from the angle of the machine.

But I'm not sure you can do it from the bowler's angle of release

I played a couple of matches today and tried to see if bowler's hands does have a tell but wasn't able to see any discernible difference.

Users who are viewing this thread