Story My Journey Through County Cricket [C2k4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 13648
  • Start date
Sorry but there will be no updates for a while as my computer has been sent to be fixed so I'll update A.S.A.P

P.S: This in no way does it mean that my story has ended!

I just noticed your third umpire sign is a bit messed up. I think it happens when you install a tv overlay after the third umpire patch, if you install it again it should fix it.

Good news: Computer is back

Bad news: The pictures have gone so I may have to start this game again, or I could play on to the next session and just update from there.

It's up to you guys as I don't mind either way! :)

logophpbbvr7.gif

Me and Freddie begun the afternoon session of day 2 full of confidence, and it showed as we carried on exactly where we'd left off getting on top of the Surrey bowlers. To start with we negotiated the ball into the gaps until we were both settled again to hit the ball with menace smashing boundaries in the process. Freddie and I were both scoring freely and about half-way through the afternoon session, I reaced my maiden County century. To be honest, I did not get overly excited as I was beginning to become tired and I felt my time at the crease was starting to slow down dramatically. Nevertheless, Freddie was still scoring quickly and he was keeping the innings ticking along nicely. I can only imagine that the huge leap I've undergone from village cricket to county cricket has taken a lot from my body, which could be why I'm tiring. I think I will overcome this problem as I get physically fitter and when I get more matches under my belt. I felt I was getting tired and just before the end of the afternoon session, I was really looking like a wicket waiting to happen. Mark Butcher was bowling with his medium pacers, and I tried to negotiate my way to tea and maybe get a rest. I would be going into tea early though, as Butcher caught me plumb in front, 2 balls before tea was scheduled to be called. I wasn't overly disappointed as I walked off the field and I waved my bat to the crowd as they gave me a generous applause.

Meoutcopy-1.jpg
Not been that bad a debut in all honesty has it?

A session we ultimately dominated with only myself to fall victim to Surrey's bowling. Warren Hegg and Freddie will now attempt to take us up to a lead of 200+ to put us in a position where we can choose to declare or not to. If we manage to make it there, we will definatley be in with a chance of winning the match as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! Gone with 2 balls to tea, but to top that you scored a nice maiden century and from a team perspective, Flintoff is set and Hegg should jsut do what he cans to carry on what you have done. Hegg to face first ball of the next session:p

Nice hundred Culli and in good time. Lancs in a good position, shame you got out just before tea.

Sorry for the lack of pictures in the update, I'm just trying to fill you guys in as to what happens, seeing as I lost the previous pics and all!

Great Innings Mate. You deserve a good rest while you watch the other guys post a big lead.

Continue the great pres :clap

It's back!:D

Brilliant innings from yourself there, although disappointing to get out to bowling like Butcher's. Freddie's goin along very nicely indeed, on for a hundred of his own me thinks. Also, as this story is based on Hegg, he can go on to get a score:p.

Users who are viewing this thread