my little review of cricket 2005

groobz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
7/10 - you can easily break the field without using slog,, but some of the backfoot drives its hard to break, but anyway, its a decent effort for sure. You guys must of had high expectations, i mean you know EA wasn't going to bother to beta test the game and knock out some of the bugs, but at least the runout bug is gone.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
the batting is just so unfluent. i find it extremly boring. i dont mind the difficulty at all thats about the only decent thing about the game but when you play BLC in comparison it is just so much more fluent and fun to play.

also in a 50 over game when bowling the computer only scored one 2 and it was a nick through the slips that just didnt make the boundary and my deep point had to come around and get it. i also find it impossible to score 2s with the superman fielders gliding around at the speed of light also i dont risk 2s cos i know if i change my mind i will be out because the batsman are stupidly slow to turn around.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
Its possible to find gaps if you know how to. Those 'superman' fielders can easily be thwarted by playing shots correctly. I admit that the fielders are superfast and it is very frustrating, but it is good in a way. You have got to earn your runs in this game, its not Cricket 2004. I started real bad in this game. But then learned from the mistakes I made and really got better than what I was before. I dont go for quick runs from the start. I wait till the 40th over and then start improvising a bit. This game requires patience, unlike BLIC. :rolleyes:

JANER

Club Cricketer
kelvinismyname said:
dude all i can say is that......... u suck really bad at the game dont waste your money buying such a good cricket simulation game ....go get BLC 2005 its arcade style is best for u and its worth playing for coulpe of mins
lol
great retort!

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
kelvinismyname said:
dude all i can say is that......... u suck really bad at the game dont waste your money buying such a good cricket simulation game ....go get BLC 2005 its arcade style is best for u and its worth playing for coulpe of mins

BLIC will last more than cricket 2005, in BLIC demo batting seems to be easy, but we have to wait for full version. Multiplayer in BLIC will simply rock :onpc. cricket 2005 is an okay game, but quite boreing and at times frustrating. The environment in BLIC just looks so good.

JANER

Club Cricketer
How can BLIC have a longer shelf life if it is so SIMPLE!
Surely games should have a learning curve, 1st time I introduced someone to BLIC they scored lots.

themuel1

International Coach
JANER said:
Surely games should have a learning curve, 1st time I introduced someone to BLIC they scored lots.

I admit runs are easy to get, but the bowling is great in BLIC. I found Cricket 2005 to slow and animations unrealistic, but thats just what I think. Whats wrong with it being simple.

Maybe less simple games will put more people off, because they have to learn and would rather just get into the action.

Give BLIC a break, RubberGenius said improvements are being made! e.g. bowling speeds.

Football is a simple sport, is that unpopular? :D

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
JANER said:

Why is everyone jumping to conclusion. Demo was only 6 overs, and even though it was expanded it may not work as the expanded demo score suggest.

Also keep in mind the different locations and teams, everyone will agree that there is lot of swing, we are not sure how the AI will use but with multiplayer we can bowl really well and it will be very intriguing.

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
in my opinion the reverse shot, leg umpire, fielders dive and temper things are cool.

JANER

Club Cricketer
Ankit kukreti said:
Why is everyone jumping to conclusion. Demo was only 6 overs, and even though it was expanded it may not work as the expanded demo score suggest.

Also keep in mind the different locations and teams, everyone will agree that there is lot of swing, we are not sure how the AI will use but with multiplayer we can bowl really well and it will be very intriguing.
I never used the expander.

kapten

School Cricketer
i reckon this one is just a repainted version of cricket 2004...
most of the bugs have been well preserved & presented again for us.
like a re-heated frozen food.

JANER

Club Cricketer
kapten said:
i reckon this one is just a repainted version of cricket 2004...
most of the bugs have been well preserved & presented again for us.
like a re-heated frozen food.
You actually havn't put many hours then, it is quite a good bit diff IMO, everything from the cpu AI, to little things like players catching, diving , cut scenes and overall better gameplay etc

amolbhatia85

School Cricketer
Bomberman69 said:
i hav played both demos and BLC craps on EA Sports Cricket 2005. i admit i havnt got the real game but cricket 2005 iz crap and BLC iz way better in all aspects
iv got to admit i used to be a huge fan of ea games until i realised there was better stuff out there. Slowly eas games began losing substance. BLC 99 was my fav cricket game for a long time, and pes is just superior to any ****e fifa game ea has come up with.

Iv become pretty anti- ea of late.. but this time theyv done well. I honestly cant see how blic2005 can be better than cricket 2005. The blic2005 demo was the worst demo ever made, its an arcade game and nothing else.. no depth in the gameplay, just pick a direction and get a boundary, absolute joke. And it runs in super fast motion. Going by what i said before i was pretty excited abt this game, but i dont see how people can call that demo enjoyable.

Cricket 2005 is far better than atleast the demo BLIC.. im very impressed. Sure it has batting issues, eg. the conver drive, flick off the pads etc and lots of other shots dont pierce the field easily, but it is a challenge and if your good at games in general and love cricket, this game is for you.

I struggled the first couple of days, but just today, on hard mode i(india) played england in an exhibition game. And i think that was the best gaming cricket experience iv had. I was 90/1 chasing 220 and the collapse began, sachin was there through it all, batting like the genius he is :D .. but it got close and by the 35th over i needed 84 off 90, with 5 wickets to spare.. it was always like that, 55 off 60 required or 22 off 24 required.. finally i needed 5 off the last over with two wickets remaining and two tailenders out there and bhaji hit a boundary.. fabulous stuff. Im not saying the games perfect, its got its glitches, but very enjoyable.

afidi is da man

School Cricketer
hi can some one help me i do not no where o buy cricket 2005( i am new to this forum)

Users who are viewing this thread