My Patch Version 2.0 : Complate Edition

Originally posted by bumba
Hi tutsi,

I suggest you to take the default values of edges like edge average so on from the default config files of cricket 2004.
please wait for a more detailed review from me.

babai

well i currently working on that edges thing so that we can get resonable amount of edges in the game.

waiting for ur detailed review.

thnx.

still no luck with the edges....

well i have been asking this on a lot of threads but no answer. i', surprized that even ravi has not given a response to this well i'm asking it again........

what to edit and to which value to get edges. plz give a value so that i can increase or decrease it to increase or decrease the values.

Tutsi - am sure you have asked this question in more than one thread??? Think Ravi replied to it in one of them! Maybe the main patched thread.

Originally posted by Darren
Tutsi - am sure you have asked this question in more than one thread??? Think Ravi replied to it in one of them! Maybe the main patched thread.

thnx for pointing that out coz ravi usually qoutes the request and then replies but this time he not quote the request so i was unable to locate it.

ravi plz help me as out as soon as possible...coz i'm planning to release the next version of the patch as soon as the edges thing is fixed.

come on guys.....33 download but only 2 reviews from qazxswedc and bumba.

plz guys i need some soft of a review.

atleast tell me that....is its worth playing with or not.

Tutsi, the only way I can even suggest to get the edges sorted is by installing your patch which I cant afford to for now. If you can post the odi hard file and probably one of the stroke files I can suggest you something.

ravi.....

this is the odi hard file. plz take a look at it solve the edges thing. plz also explain as to how to did it ,i.e, what were the values affecting it.

i havn't edited the strokes file much coz i've seen that most of the original strokes go GREAT with the patch.

thank you.

Attachments

• odi hard.txt
    2 KB · Views: 7
With the kind of batsize (4) in combination with maxposadjust & maxtraj adjust, any batsmen will have trouble edging any ball I suppose. To see edges you will need to drop the batsize first up. Start from 1.0 moving up and also reduce the trajadjust & posadjust. These will increase the edges but at the same time may end up making the CPU a lot weaker than what it is atm. You will need to test a lot to arrive to proper value for all three parameters mentioned above. Good luck.

i'll try it but by the way one thing i wanna know.

what does "batwindowcentre", "batwindowsize" do.

and also........."spintovel" and "veltospin"

thank you.

also.....

when i used to play with the default(original) cfg setting of the gob file.

which used to be "BatWindowIdealSize 3.0" and in my patch "4.0"

"MaxPosAdjust 1.0"
"MaxTrajAdjust 1.0" BOTH SAME AS IN MY PATCH.

i used to get fair amount of edges.

i think there are also some other values which affect this. i've tried all "edge" values in the "Human Stroke Difficuly"

plz suggest.

well tested after reducing "BatWindowIdealSize to 2.0"
"MaxPosAdjust to 0.011111"
"MaxTrajAdjust to 0.011111"

IND(me) vs ENG....me batting but no edges even after playing 9 overs.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

After having looked at your configs again I have this feeling that the BatEdgeOrder 0.005999
BatEdgeBias 0.001299
may be causing the edges not to happen. All I can suggest is to change edge order and edgebias to zero. Drop BatRandomLevel 0.523342 to far less than what it is for testing, say 0.053342 and see if it makes any difference at all. You balls faced level is far too low imo, it means that the batsmen if they play even an over(appox) will settle down. For now you may really want to drop random level and test it. I for one know that one another moderator had issues with not only the edges but also swing/seam not visible. He did a reinstall and it seemed to work for him. Over this I have aboslutely no idea what may have gone wrong. Just to ensure it aint with your config how about changing the values back to what it originally was and see if you can get any edges at all. If you do then you can tweak the configs as suggested by me otherwise you may want to reinstall or something.

thnx a lot ravi. i'm really glad that if i have some problem you r there to guide me. i hope i'm not troubling you with all those questions n all.

speaking of that what does :

batwindowcentre
batwindowsize
spintovel
veltospin

plz n thnx a lot. i 'll try what you have suggested and post a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread