My review & Results after tweaking the AI a little

adthomp

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
wide bug????

whats that?

i know I see leg byes called when there isnt even a shot oferd but it doesnt come up that way on teh score

I must give the commartry a bit better wrap actuly its pathetic yes there wronge with things 80% of the time but at least when you hit teh ball Richie doesnt call a 4 before it even gets to teh boundry! before it was like bang ohh thats a excellent shot by player x and you didn't bother running coz you knew it was 4

crick4life

International Cricketer
The wide bug is that the umpire calls a decent line ball outside the off stump a wide when the CPU bowls. It must be possible to fix it, definitely a job for hex editing.

Meanwhile I tried to tweak the CPU to bowl less yorkers but when I do that it bowls one too many four balls in Test cricket. In ODIs the umpire calls those wides, so still some work to be done on it.

Anyways I am attaching some of the files that I have used so far. Please bear in mind this is about 1/2 to 1 hour spent on tweaking so it is defintiely not a finished product in any sense. If there are some things that you notice in this patch that may need fixing then feel free to ask.

Although there are quite a few config files in one big files all of the config files are also on their own. I am not sure which one is used in the game though. I guess the cfg ones might have been used but import all of these files anyway.

Firstly download BigGUI software that is available on this forums. Then run BigGUI.exe, go to Cricket 2005 folder, then go to data folder and open data_pc.gob file. Then go to edit menu and import the following files. After you import the files you will not need to compress the cfg files but only need compressing the 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big file. To compress after you import the files in the zip file here, look for 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big file in the BigGui list of files and click on the 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big file. Then go to edit menu and hit compress. Quit BigGui, play Cricket 2005 and you should see the difference.

I have done a very quick job on the 50 overs odi CPU pacing file but if need be you could use any of my or the AI patches Cricket 2004 50 Overs pacing files. I haven't played a full 50 overs so can't comment how good the pacing is but feel free to let me know what you guys feel.

You will notice batting may have gotten a bit easier. These tweaks are only for hard level and do not work on medium or easy level.

BTW it is most important to backup your data_pc.gob file before you attempt to import these files.

Attachments

• cfg.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 212

groobz

Club Cricketer
thanks ravi, are the pacing files in the .big or the other files?

adthomp

International Cricketer
excellent work!! so thease are only for hard level??? i havn't played hard yet coz I foudn batting hard on medium!! guess Ill have to give hard a go

guess the only difference is the timing is harder

uh oh think it corrupted my cricket game im going to have to reinstall it getsw to that EA sports its in the game crap then the game just dissapears to the desktop!!

and yes its my fault I didnt back up the dam gob

edit

actully all it is I cant load a game soon as I choose a game it loads then crashes

Last edited:

Big_D

School Cricketer
crick4life said:
Meanwhile I tried to tweak the CPU to bowl less yorkers but when I do that it bowls one too many four balls in....

Where are the CPU bowling settings stored?

crick4life

International Cricketer
BTW if you need to improve your batting all you need to do is copy/paste the following into ball_physics.cfg file then import it into 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big. Then also copy/paste this into the file 5f10b12f82ac3721c3cef9eeac9d0a86.cfg and import both the files into data_pc.gob file:

; Ball Conditions (Ball) Cricket 2004

; Hard
Condition 0
VelToSpin 0.08
SpinToVel 0.15
Hardness 0.35
VelocityReduce 0.035
SpinReduce 0.0010
HorizontalBounceMin 0.00
End
; Damp
Condition 1
VelToSpin 0.16
SpinToVel 0.15
Hardness 0.20
VelocityReduce 0.055
SpinReduce 0.0010
HorizontalBounceMin 0.00
End
; Dusty
Condition 2
VelToSpin 0.10
SpinToVel 0.15
Hardness 0.35
VelocityReduce 0.035
SpinReduce 0.0010
HorizontalBounceMin 0.00
End
; Normal
Condition 3
VelToSpin 0.12
SpinToVel 0.15
Hardness 0.30
VelocityReduce 0.044
SpinReduce 0.0010
HorizontalBounceMin 0.00
End
; Green
Condition 4
VelToSpin 0.14
SpinToVel 0.15
Hardness 0.27
VelocityReduce 0.0455
SpinReduce 0.0010
HorizontalBounceMin 0.00
End

End

groobz said:
thanks ravi, are the pacing files in the .big or the other files?

I think in one of them but I do not know. There are two sets of them available and I have no clue which one gets used so used the same settings in both the places.

crick4life

International Cricketer
That is your opinion Janer and IMO it is absolute crap.

crick4life

International Cricketer
What excatly are you looking foward to improve on adthomp? If you let me know then I may be able to suggest something.

Hero

Club Captain
Can you made easy mode really easy so we can enjoy 20-20 matches in that mode.You can also increase aggresiveness of cpu as well.I think in easy mode we should be able to enjoy 10 or 20 matches which are currently not possible due to hard batting.

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
My bowling dots have gone bigger..

Did this happen to anyone else after installing it?

Eg. Brett Lee's bowling dot now:

Attachments

• Lee massive dot.JPG
    Lee massive dot.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 166

groobz

Club Cricketer
Kerry mines not like that at all, a lot smaller. i'm playing the same game as you right now, @25th over England are 2/84, thanks to vaughns 23(73)* :(.

Users who are viewing this thread