Name your best 5 cricket matches in odis.

Indiangod

International Coach
If thier as been a same thread like this then ingore this thread

My best ever 5 odi cricket matches are

1) England 325 India 326-8 - natwets series final 2002 .Simpely amamzing match , first india was in a great position without losing a wicket for over a 100 runs with a run rate over 6 , with sehwag and ganguly going on well . Than england struck back hard and india was reeling at 145-5 needing over 7 an over to win the game . but then the two youngsters y singh and kaif formed a brilliant 120 odd partnership , and put india right back into the game before z khan hit the winning runs . What a match.

2) Australia 213-10 south africa 213-10 -1999 world cup semi-final . Have no words to say it a birlliant up and down match.

3)Aus 284-7 - India 250-5 (46) 1998 Coca Cola Cup Sharjah , Agian have no words to say it another breathtaking match , india was reeling on 140-4 needing 7 runs an over to get into the final ( beating new zealands run rate , not to win the match) , with sachin tendulkar still thier tendulkar single-handedley got india back into the game with 3 sixes off shane warne , 1 six off kaspowicz , and 1 six off mcgrath , and made a brilliant match winning knock of 143 .

4)Aus 207-8 -wi 203-10 1996 cricket world cup semi-final at mohali. What a match and what a comeback from australia . At first australia was reeling on 15-4 , Untill a brilliant innings partnership from S Law and M Bevon got the aussies back into the game , And Healy made some dusty blows to get aus to a reasnable har working totel after a dieaster start . With west indies going well and most likely 2-165 needing only under 4 an over to win the game , australia made an unlikely comeback which first mcgrath pinned down chanderpual , then the man of the moment shane warne ran through the middle order , and then d fleming fineshed it off , and the wi captain panicked and shuffled his batting order before it was too late , wi lost 8 wkts for 38 runs in a big , big match , it was th abtsmen to blame for , it was all missed slogs , and going for stupid shots when thier was no need. If you want another great comeback it was in the other semi-final if the world cup 1996 when ind took on sri l , india was going on well at 98-1 in 23 overs then a big callapse made the crowd go crazy when india was facing certian defeat at 120-8 in 35 overs.

5) Aus 359-2-Ind 234-10 2003 World cup final , I picked this becuase altough I sport india and india lost but it was a very very entertaining match all the way through , and lots of fireworks. Well aus batted first and a nervous z khan gave away 15 runs in the first over , than gilchrist took a good assualt on the indian opening bowlers and made india more nervous when aus was on 80-0 in 10 overs , when the both aussie openers was dissmissed by h singh , ponting and martyn was going to do something amazing , matryn took sme pressure off ponting by hitting some fours agaisnt the spinners . then at the 38th over even in my dreams I never tought ponting would play an innings this good , he hit 2 huge consecative sixes off h singh , and in the 40th over till 50th over it was just mad-maniac batting from ponting and martyn to get australia to a mammouth totel of 359-2 in an all to i portant match. When India was about to bat , india was certainley on the backfoot , and wanted to finesh the world cup off with a sensational win , but it was not to be , sachin carries huge pressure on his shoulders , and I remember one indian fan written on his banter ' anything ponting and australia can do ' , ' India and Tendulkar can do it 10 times better '. Tendulkar hit an awseome 4 off mcgrath then the next ball mcgrath got the important wicket out and tendulkar was out with only 4 runs on the board and it must as stabbed a knife in the billions of indians heart watchin this game . Then it was more embarresment in the 3rd over ganguly went for hit had a big slash at it and totley missed , much to the amusement to the aussies in the 5th over ganguly did the same again but the ball went over the keeper and went for 4 runs that was lucky , but thier was nothing lucky in the next shot ganuly blazed mcgrath for a six over third man , and in the last ball of the over sehwag hit mcgrath for a six over point . The ganguly and sehwag hit some blows and had a decent run rate but the totel was too much , and it was just desperate batting , ganguly went for a big hit but got a top edge and lehmann cuaght it at mid-off thne in the next over kaif payed for his wicket penatrating mcgraths line and india was on 59-3 in 10 overs and it was next to impossible. then a brilliant partnership off sehwag and dravid kept indias hopes alive at 145-3 off 23 overs with some good clean hitting by sehwag , and what dravid does at his best by stealing quick singles and finding the gaps . The sehwag begain to feel the pressure then he got out to a sucicidel run . the y singh and draivd tried thier best to keep up with the run rate but it was juts too much , then india last chance dravid got out , and that ennded all of indias hopes off winning the world cup final. then y singh made some good hits finding the gaps with the occassional 4's but he gothimself out by a top-edge landing at deep-midd off , then the rest of the indian batsmen went for it wand got out . and australia soon got thier 3rd world cup and won proffesionally What a great match.

Last edited:
Sorry, but can you format that so it's a lot more clear please. ie. with paragraphs, sentences, and reasonable spelling. I can't even be bothered to read it.

1. Natwest Series Final 2002 - England v India
2. Natwest Series Final 2005 - England v Australia
3. 1999 Cricket World Cup Semi Final - Australia v South Africa
4. 2004 Champions Trophy Final - England v West Indies
5. 2003 World Cup Group Match - England v Australia

The atmosphere and tension through all of those matches was quite supurb, nothing like a close finish. Sorry about so many England matches but I havn't seen ODI's involving other teams (excluding Aus v RSA) that have had me gripped to the end. Infact I havn't seen many ODI's involving other teams full stop!

I remember there was a big bunch of Indians watching the 2003 WC final at uni. When it started they were, of course, keen to see India win. I came back some time after the start of the second innings and amusingly (they had been drinking all night) they had changed allegiance. Obviously, it's more fun to watch a game if your team is winning ;)

1. India vs Pakistan, 1997-98 Independence cup Final, Dhaka
2. Eng vs Ind, 2002 Natwest Series final.
3. Aus vs Windies, 1996 CWC Semis, Mohali (Can never forget this as this CWC was the first real cricket that I had watched in my entire life)
4. Ind vs Sri Lanka, 1999 CWC (Loved the Thrashing that the "Defending Champs" Got from Sourav and Rahul)
5. Ind vs Pakistan, 2003 CWC

I used to hate cricket , I thought it was the most boring thing ever , but when my dad was watchin this match at sharjah , it was aus vs ind , and my dad said to me' Indias in quite trouble right now they need over 7 an over to win '. then I thought ' I might as well watch the game ,' has I got nothing to do ' , what really made me love the game was sachin just amazing batting under pressure , and what a great match too , and the sharjah atmosphere was great in day night matches , that was the first time I ever watched cricket .

1.India vs Australia 1998 Sharjah
2.India vs Pakistan 2003 Centurion World Cup./Ind vs Pak at Dhaka Independance cup final
3.West Indies vs Cananda World Cup.(though minnows they batted superbly).
4.WI vs England 2004 The Oval ICC trophy
5.England vs India 2002 Natwest Final Lords

have to be the world cup final agaisnt aus n ind and aus and eng how bichel took like 7-23 and made 60 runs and saved us, he did the same thing agaisnt NZ too, great games

I never would have tought it was going to be bichal saving the aussies , but it mainley goes to the great finesher bevan.

i dont understand y bevan isnt in our odi side now, he averages 100 in both forms of game for state

Bevan is awesome, but maybe just like Lehman they think he is too old ad youth is the way forward?

My matches

1. India vs Pakistan, Independence Cup Final, Dhaka 1998
2. India vs Australia Sharjah Cup Final 1998
3. India vs England Natwest Series Final 2002
4. India vs Pakistan Samsung Cup Karachi 2004
5. India vs Pakistan Centurion World Cup 2003

Sorry, I mostly watch only India matches! Rest of the matches, I just see the scores thats all. So my list is all India matches only!

1. England vs Australia, NatWest Series Final 2005
2. Australia vs South Africa - dont remember which year - but I believe that is highest successful run chase in ODIs.
3. England vs Pakistan, 2003 Natwest Challenge 3rd ODI. Was an absolute cracker of a game with Read and Trescothick getting England home in the end.
4. England vs India, 2001, 6th ODI - Flintoff dismisses Javagal Srinath to win the game for England and level the series 3-3, after being 3-1 down at one stage.
5. England vs South Africa, 2005, 2nd ODI - Another exciting game that ended in a tie.

Users who are viewing this thread