NatWest Series 2005

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aussie1st said:
Well it was one of those situations where the bowler wants to chuck it back to the keeper or go for the stumps. Hayden was in his crease. It wasn't intentional it just happened to hit Hayden. It bounced in the pitch so that took the pace of it and meant it wasn't intentional

And also in defence, Jones apologised straight away.

Zorax, try telling Kev Pietersen's mum (his link to England) he's South African!

stevie said:
Zorax, try telling Kev Pietersen's mum (his link to England) he's South African!
Fine! I will!
*searches phone book for Kev's house number...*
It will take a while...but I'll tell her...

:p :D

ZoraxDoom said:
And when can the Aussies point out that your best player is South African...

Who Andrew Strauss?? Stevie Harmison?? our very own Freddie Flintoff???......ah you mean Keven Pieterson??? hahaha! We'll see who the best players are when the real action begins...... both Brummie born Symonds (since his ban) and Pieterson have had great starts to the summer but we all know the 5 day version is a lot different from the 50 over game.

As for the Simon Jones - Matty Hayden incident, it was an accident and Jones appoligised straight away, maybe Hayden over reacted ( an I thought it was us poms who whined..) but it spices things up a bit.....

m@c

ZoraxDoom said:
Fine! I will!
*searches phone book for Kev's house number...*
It will take a while...but I'll tell her...

:D
Just knock on her door and hope she isn't as big as Kev!

I think we can add Hayden v S. Jones to the list of battles in the upcoming Ashes though, don't you m@c!

I liked the fact as the scuffle nearly broke out big Freddie Flintoff wanderd in :)

To be fair England do have a few players in their squad not born in England.

Geraint Jones (Papua New Guinea)
Kevin Pietersen (South Africa)
Vikram Solanki (India)
Andrew Strauss (South Africa)

And if you want to be pedantic:

Simon Jones (Wales)

So maybe I shouldn't mention Andrew Symonds being English......

The_gas said:
I liked the fact as the scuffle nearly broke out big Freddie Flintoff wanderd in :)

lol, I thought it was quite funny when he just stood behind Paul Collingwood while Paul was squaring up to Hayden.

andrew_nixon said:
To be fair England do have a few players in their squad not born in England.

Geraint Jones (Papua New Guinea)
Kevin Pietersen (South Africa)
Vikram Solanki (India)
Andrew Strauss (South Africa)

And if you want to be pedantic:

Simon Jones (Wales)

So maybe I shouldn't mention Andrew Symonds being English......

Although Simon Jones represents the England and Wales cricket board. Everyone calls us England not England & Wales as how it should be.

Also remember with Australia all of them originate from outside Australia. Even the Aborigines who moved there from Africa 40,000 years ago.

The 'white' (not meant to be racist) population are european descendants.

Little Geography/History lesson for you :D

Sureshot said:
Although Simon Jones represents the England and Wales cricket board. Everyone calls us England not England & Wales as how it should be.

Also remember with Australia all of them originate from outside Australia. Even the Aborigines who moved there from Africa 40,000 years ago.

The 'white' (not meant to be racist) population are european descendants.

Little Geography/History lesson for you :D
Humans first evolved in Africa, so the entire population of the planet originated there...... you can only go back so far.....

andrew_nixon said:
Humans first evolved in Africa, so the entire population of the planet originated there...... you can only go back so far.....

Although it was called Europa. And if you go back really far you had one big super-continent. :help

Users who are viewing this thread