NBA Fans

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Disappointing loss for Detroit. This loss I think has sealed the championship for Spurs. Two more wins and Spurs have it. Winning the series 0-2 down is just too much for Detroit. Hamilton, R. Wallace, Billups and even Ben Wallace look off-color. Arroyo was the best player for Pistons yesterday IMO.

The sooner this series gets over the better as I do not like either of the teams. Phoenix was my fav team this year.

Rangeela

International Coach
NBA Finals - Game 4

Odds:

Detroit Pistons - 11/5
San Antonio Spurs - 3/10

Spurs lead series 2-1

Rangeela

International Coach
NBA Finals - Game 5

Odds:

Detroit Pistons - 3/2
San Antonio Spurs - 1/2

Series tied 2-2

rahulk666

International Cricketer
The Pistons steam engine rolled in and steamrolled the Spurs in the fourth championship game in Detroit yesterday by winning by 31 points. Final Score 102-71. Detroit had a perfect game with both offense and defense clicking in a crucial game. This fourth game was important as a win for Spurs would have had Spurs one win for the title and a loss for Detroit would have placed Detroit one loss away from losing the finals. But, Detroit playing at home won convincingly.

In their second consectuive win, the Detroit set a all-time NBA record for fewest turnovers. They gave only 4 turnovers. If their defense was customary, their offense was whiff of fresh air. As many as seven players had double digit points scored. Lindsey Hunter had a great night with 17 points. Antonio McDyess again had a double digit scoring night The Spurs struggled throughout the game and Ginobili and Parker both had a forgettable match. They showed flashes of Game 1 and 2 in intervals but were completely undone by Pistons defense and surprisingly the offense too!

The series stays in Detroit for one more game on Sunday and then moves to San Antonio for last two games.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Expect another good game here folks. Before the start of the finals I thought Spurs and Pistons will be battle of defense with low scoring games. But, I have been completely wrong and I must admit that i am enjoying this series. After the first two games the Spurs looked obvious Champions but Pistons have plugged in the holes in their defense and won the last two matches with great authority.

The force seems to be with Detroit. They have completely shut out Manu Ginobili . But we can expect Ginobili to come out firing today. Parker too needs to pick up his game. The Spurs shooting percentage has been dismal and the Detroit defense is not just the factor for this. Pistons are in a groove now. All the players have been among points, assists and rebounds. Big Ben is playing much better than first two games. Antonio McDyess is helping out Pistons in a big way. I think if Detroit stick to their defense and if Billups and Hamilton have a good night then Detroit might have a third consecutive win in Detroit.

Rangeela

International Coach
I also think Pistons have a good chance of winning the game tonite but then last 2 games will be played at San Antonio where Spurs have a good chance at home and strech the series to game 7.

Rangeela

International Coach
NBA Finals - Game 6

Odds:

Detroit Pistons - 15/8
San Antonio Spurs - 4/11

Spurs lead series 3-2

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Horry does it again!

Horry does it again. He did it for Houston, then the Lakers and now for the Spurs. I think if you are the coach and if your team leads the game by two points with 4-5 seconds to go, you never leave "Big Shot Rob" unguarded. Call it pure class, luck or anything you may want, but, Horry's last second 3-point effort always pops in.

Spurs now lead 3-2 and go to San Antonio for last two games. I have a hunch the next match will be the last match of the finals.

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Its game 6 and San Antonio should look to win this one and avoid the 7th game. I do not want to say that Spurs are bonafide chokers when it comes to game 7 but, Spurs always find it hard to win 7th game. A good beginning by Spurs is imperative in today's game. Ginobili and Duncan should make sure that Spurs get a roaring start. If the initial 3-point jumpers by Bowen do not go in then Spurs should look to get the ball in paint to score points. It will not be easy as Detroit will match the Spur's intensity. Detroit have better defense than Spurs and every shot will be contested. Its a do-or-die game for Detroit. A strong first quarter by Spurs is needed for them to win this game. Game 5 was almost won by Detroit had Spurs not been reprieved by Horry. They got to remember that.

Detroit will depend on Big Ben and Big D and hope that Hamilton and Billups have a good game. A win for Detroit today will make them favorites to win the game 7 and defend their title. Coverage begins at 9.00pm EST on ABC.

pal

International Coach
Pistons win it, it was looking to be a close game, but by the end, Pistons were far out with Hamilton being the highest scorer.. Just one more game left for the Pistons, hope they pull it out...

Rangeela

International Coach
NBA Finals - Game 7

Odds:

Detroit Pistons - 7/4
San Antonio Spurs - 2/5

Series tied 3-3

rahulk666

International Cricketer
Its not over yet! The Spurs locker room had spelled that their victory parade will take place on Thursday but I think that has to wait now, at least until after Thursday. Another close game, with both teams gaining leads and then falling back. Detroit naturally played with the utmost intensity and Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups put crucial three pointers in fourth quarter when it mattered the most.

It is hard to point at single player who played bad in this game. Detroit's defense kept San Antonio at bay, one can say. Ben Wallace has been playing excellently after the first two games of the series. Antonio McDyess is living a dream right now. There were question marks on whether he will be able to play basketball after his injuries. He played well yesterday too. It's no easy to guard Tim Duncan but he has been guarding Tim Duncan pretty well. Tim Duncan has not had a great finals till now. He has been struggling with his free throws and his fourth quarter performance has been below par. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker gave early indication of their will to rush to the basket with some great manuevers early in the game but Detroit adapted their game and came out winners. San Antonio also made a bad mistake of fouling Billups in late fourth quarter with 1:35 or so remaining and Detroit up by 5 points. You never foul a 90%+ free throw shooter. Didn't Spurs know that? Also, another important play was when Prince stole the ball from Manu Ginobili in late fourth quarter. Had Spurs scored in that possession they would have brought the lead down to three. Some bad calls and bad free throw shooting cost Spurs the game yesterday. However, nothing to take away from Pistons who played like Champions.

The last game, game 7 of the series will be plyed in San Antonio on Thursday. It is first time after 11 years that a final series has gone to game 7. The last scene after the game was over was memorable. Billups was shown looking into the camera showing his index finger and then thumping his left chest with his fist. What that meant was that there is one more game to go (index finger) and whoever has the bigger heart will win it (thumping the chest).

Last edited:

rahulk666

International Cricketer
When the finals started I wished they ended soon but when it all ended yesterday I wished that it should never end. One the closest and best finals in NBA history was won by Spurs yesterday in San Antonio. Third Championship in seven years is a great achievement for the Spurs franchise. Congratulations to Spurs. All the Texas Walmarts and JC Penny's will be full of "2005 NBA Champions San Antonio" jerseys now.

Till yesterday Tim Duncan was like a dormant volcano. A spurt here and there was just that we could see from Duncan in past 6 games. But, yesterday the volcano burst in the 3rd quarter and Pistons were unable to handle the heat. Duncan played like a true MVP in the playoffs which he deservedly received. His energy was something else. Detroit had their largest lead of nine points in thrid quarter with a low scoring match poised at 57-48 in Detroits favor. But, Duncan with the determination to conquer the world brought Spurs to even the game at 57 points. Couple of bad passes from Detroit did not help their cause too. The final nail in Detroit's coffin was the brilliant fourth quarter shooting by Spurs led by Duncan, and Ginobili. Hamilton and Billups did not live upto the expectations and almost all the Piston's players got into foul trouble with Rasheed Wallace picking up 4 fouls in 1st half itself. Detroit had a chance to make history and win the title for second straight time by winning the sixth and seventh games on the road but surely Duncan and his teammates played like "One Team" with "One Goal", the NBA title!

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The finals were good although I did not get to watch them much. It was a victory for technical basketball--both teams involved put as much effort into their defense as their offense. As a result they lose out on fans (such as myself) who are looking selfishly only for points. These are not the most popular teams around but anyhow, good stuff.

I hate the Spurs (I don't even remember why, now :p) but congratulations to them. Hopefully some of the teams who picked up their game last season will be able to continue next season so we are able to continue to witness quality basketball. And last but not least, ALL STAR WEEKEND IN HOUSTON NEXT YEAR! (if I am not mistaken) and that's where I'll be.

Users who are viewing this thread