Need for Speed Carbon

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
blackleopard92 said:
Actually, these simulations are way to harsh on keyboards.they are too real.

I would love something like NFS 5 type of simulations.Not too punishing, but enough that u care for them

They are supposed to be 'harsh' on a keyboard they are simulations you need to invest in a wheel and pedals to make the most of them, thats why they are called simulations. You don't drive a car with a keyboard, so why drive a simulation with one?

NFS 5 wasn't a sim, it was another arcade game in the NFS series, NFS had arcade in mind so that you could play it with a keyboard.

Unfortunately the audience for racing simulations is a small pretty hardcore group (compared to arcade driving games like EA's NFS series, or compared to first person shooters, like counter strike, call of duty, those games - massively popular, selling millions of copies). No single racing simulations for the PC sold millions and millions of copies in the amount like a first person shooter game.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I like both types of game, simulations and arcade equally. each has its place.

I play simulations with the keyboard and am generally faster than with a wheel. I dont find them at all realistic as I dont drive a car with a tiny wheel clamped to a desk either ;)

Of the NFS series High Stakes was probably my favourite then Porsche 2000

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Kev said:
I like both types of game, simulations and arcade equally. each has its place.

I play simulations with the keyboard and am generally faster than with a wheel. I dont find them at all realistic as I dont drive a car with a tiny wheel clamped to a desk either ;)

Yes both have their place, no doubt.

You're only faster with a keyboard because you aren't used to a wheel, simple. Nor do you drive a car with a keyboard on a desk either. So a wheel still has an edge on realism, with it being mounted in the dashboard (desk :p) and some wheels are tiny anyway :p

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Actually a wheel is necessary to avoid slipping. which happen with me in preety much all sim games.
The car spin around for ages.

also, without variable acceleration, and the car goes out of control.This happens in Keyboard.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
thats why major racing games are kept on the consoles
btw best arcade game burout series (nfs dosent even come close)
best sim gran turismo

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
kmk1284 said:
thats why major racing games are kept on the consoles
btw best arcade game burout series (nfs dosent even come close)
best sim gran turismo

That comment has nearly made me cry!

Gran Turismo a sim.... It hurts me to see someone think that, the fact that no simulations are actually released on consoles means that its only the best of the arcade stuff. Hardly close to a sim, has highly unrealistic physics which makes the game what it is, arcade rubbish.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
Maxkarter said:
That comment has nearly made me cry!

Gran Turismo a sim.... It hurts me to see someone think that, the fact that no simulations are actually released on consoles means that its only the best of the arcade stuff. Hardly close to a sim, has highly unrealistic physics which makes the game what it is, arcade rubbish.

hey man where did you come from, pluto???
unless u have been living in a third world, war torn country where i only game you played was football by kicking cola cans and playing pong on your pc , you must be knowing gran turismo
also about consoles not having sims
forza , sega gt , some konami game on ps2, tourist trophy and many more

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
kmk1284 said:
hey man where did you come from, pluto???
unless u have been living in a third world, war torn country where i only game you played was football by kicking cola cans and playing pong on your pc , you must be knowing gran turismo
also about consoles not having sims
forza , sega gt , some konami game on ps2, tourist trophy and many more

Actually I don't come from Pluto, so i'm sorry to disappoint you. Nor do I live in a war torn country so once again i'm sorry to disappoint you.

I didn't state before that I didn't know those games, I was just laughing so much that tears came to my eyes, because you uttered five extremely funny words "Gran Turismo is a simulation". Also all of those above mentioned games are arcade games, you don't need a wheel to go fast, arcade rubbish. Sega GT, last time I checked Sega was the king of making racing games for game arcades.

If you could prove me wrong on the basis that the above mentioned games are all proper simulations I will concede.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
yes i know according to you testdrive and midtown madness are simulation.
the reason you dont need wheels on them because the controllers are better configured and tweaked with the games, also tell me how many ppl actually use a wheel.
also have you ever used firstperson view while driving in a racing game

you also said sega made only arcade rubbish for your kind information sega made a game called F355 for the arcade which was only playable in first person had three screens as driving area vision, and it is even today tho' 5 years old considered the epitome of driving simulation ever made, if you want more real real than this drive your own car

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
If you bothered to read the first few pages of the thread I listed the following games.

In-between stuff
Grand Prix 4
Grand Prix 3

Simulations
Nascar Racing 2003
GTP Mod for NR 2003
rFactor
LFS 1 & 2
NetKar Pro
Grand Prix Legends
FIA GT Racing (GTR)
GT Legends

How many people use a wheel, people who actually want to play a simulation the way its meant to be played and to be able to have complete control over all the input you have. Search a forum like RSC tosee how many custom cockpits are made to accomodate almost every feature possible.

First person view, as in from the cockpit? Of course its the best view to use for one its the most realistic and secondly you can view what lines you need to take and are able to sight the apex of each corner with ease. You also experience the body roll in the car etc.

How many of the most experienced and foremost sim racing sources consider that to be the best? None that I have visited, go ask Greger Huttu I beat he wouldn't consider that being one of the best sim racers in the world currently. One of the greatest rated sim racing games is actually Grand Prix Legends since the physics used was really before its time. So far none of the games have beat the in depth physics engine, but Nascar Racing 2003 and the NetKar series have come close.

Fine, I'll have it more real as you say and will take to the track in my own racing machine, and I will continue this arguement after I have completed my practise sessions for the National Championships.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
whatever.
btw do your wear seatbelts in your custom cockpits or else it wont be true simulation

Users who are viewing this thread