Need for Speed Carbon

kmk1284 said:
hey man where did you come from, pluto???
unless u have been living in a third world, war torn country where i only game you played was football by kicking cola cans and playing pong on your pc , you must be knowing gran turismo
also about consoles not having sims
forza , sega gt , some konami game on ps2, tourist trophy and many more

Gran Turismo is as close to a real driving experience as you'll get a on PS2, however, it is nothing compared to games such as GTR on the PC. Gran Turismo is easily controllable using a normal PS2 controller, which isn't realistic. The fact you can run under 3 minutes 20 around Le Mans in a LMP such as the Audi R8 (La Sarthe 1 in GT4) is ridiculous when you consider the fastest time around that track for real in recent years is around 3 minutes 30.

The main problem with the LMP's in GT4 though is the amount of power they have, but even when you've reduced the amount of power they have to a realistic amount, you can still run well under 3 minutes 30.

The fact is consoles can't handle full blown simulations, possibly with the exception of the 360 of the current consoles at the moment, which will have GTR (which will be GTR 2 on PC) released on it next year. The only driving simulation game that has really succeeded as a proper sim on a console is Richard Burns Rally, which is literally impossible with a controller.

Having said all that though, what matters most is whether you get an enjoyable experience from a game and if you do, great!

I found GT Legends terrible, the steering especially.

This is an EA game so it will have plenty of bugs, but have a good base for the game to be built on, but people will lose interest because of the bugs. I have Most Wanted, and it's allright but doesn't have the real depth of something like GT4 or TRD3.

Users who are viewing this thread