need help please

N

Neo!

Currently I have win 98 on my system and I wanna upgrade to win xp pro before the upgrade it gives you the option to check ur hardware and software which are compatible with the win xp os
I fixed all the issue with the drivers except for 2 i couldnt find anywhere

nvidia gforce2 mx400mx and intel ham 5628 v.92 modem

i looked so many places for the drives for xp but couldnt find it anywhere
can any one provide me with the direct link for nvidia and modem drivers

I would really appreciate
thx

N

Neo!

thx andrew.yeah I found the nvidia drivers but with the modem there are so many diffrent ones how can I test the driver to see if it is compatible with win xp before installing xp on my system?

N

Neo!

thx andrew..hey I found the drivers I wanted for my modem now it doesnt have the read me file so I dont know where to place those files... I try the update driver and doesnt work cause the dirvers are for win xp only and I am running win 98 currently

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You'll need to install XP then.

My guess is that you don't need drivers for your modem at the moment, otherwise you wwouldn't be able to get to this site.

When you install XP, it may detect the modem and install the drivers automatically.

If not, point it to the file you downloaded.

N

Neo!

thx andrew... I have backed up all my files and will install xp tonight and see if it works... lets say I do install it and if some problem occurs I can always uninstall xp right from add and remove programs?

N

Neo!

thx yeah I am doing an upgrade...

but on other hand I am kind of scare to install it due to I am not a very computer wiz .. I just hope everything runs smoothly

do you know of any issue installing and upgrade which I should be aware of???

N

Neo!

I got a problem when I installed win xp

Everything ran fine when I installed xp except for the modem. I had the winxp drivers for my modem but it would not install the drivers due to it was telling me that it is not microsoft xp logo something like that from vendor....

so I installed back win 98... can you help me on this issue andrew.

its was stating that hardware needs a microsoft windows logo program

thx

R

rasi

No probs. You just need to change the settings in XP.

Right-click on My Computer and go to Properties and click on the Hardware tab. Now click on Driver Signing and select the following options.

When you install your modem you will get a warning saying that the driver is not signed. Click on Continue Anyway and all should be fine.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 0
N

Neo!

Thanks I will try it to see if this work also.. I dodnt knew this option ..anyways when I install the modem drivers it stated that its not digital sign and if you like to continue anyways and I did and system didnt boot up properly cause of hardware not digitally signed ..

will this option cause any type of this problem?

thx for ur help

R

rasi

It doesn't cause any problems. Half of my drivers are not signed. But, make sure that you have the correct drivers. By the way, what is your modem chipset.

Users who are viewing this thread