Never had rain

Cricketfan442

School Cricketer
I have played through 3 seasons of DBC17 on ps4 and never had rain. This is very frustrating as i play as South Shields who are located in North East UK and it rains pretty much every other day. I just feel it adds no variation to the game when it doesn't rain, every game feels the same. Has anyone had rain in their career mode since patch 4 was released which was suppose to fix this weather variation problem?

I haven't even seen a video on YouTube showing rain either.

Its pretty much a known 'issue' - best hope is PC version I am afraid, where guy called Franco is working on this very issue (I believe) - see his Patch thread!

I have played through 3 seasons of DBC17 on ps4 and never had rain. This is very frustrating as i play as South Shields who are located in North East UK and it rains pretty much every other day. I just feel it adds no variation to the game when it doesn't rain, every game feels the same. Has anyone had rain in their career mode since patch 4 was released which was suppose to fix this weather variation problem?

I haven't even seen a video on YouTube showing rain either.
Its pretty much a known 'issue' - best hope is PC version I am afraid, where guy called Franco is working on this very issue (I believe) - see his Patch thread!
I have to agree with the old man. However, why would you want rain in a cricket game the whole point is to play than sit there playing cards... ? Being serious now.

I'm pretty much sure it was way down on the list of expectations.

I have to agree with the old man. However, why would you want rain in a cricket game the whole point is to play than sit there playing cards... ? Being serious now.

I'm pretty much sure it was way down on the list of expectations.

But when you sell a game and put dynamic weather on the list of features it shouldn't be way down the list of exceptions. What is so dynamic about having full sun all day? It shouldnt be hard to implement it as EA cricket 07 had rain in their game and that was brought out over 10 years ago, I understand EA is a much bigger company than Big Ant games but technology for gaming has come on so fast since 06/07 that this should be easy to programme, no excuse in my eyes specially when they sell their game using this as a selling point.

Cricket is all about tactics. I remember cricket 07 i would make changes to my bowling and batting lineup when i knew rain was about to come, thats what i like about cricket games, having to make changes in anticipation. Also when there is reduced overs in a game say in a T20 match a game was reduce to 14 overs you would play more attacking rather then being conservative, that is the exciting part of cricket.

The same mistakes were present in DBC 14 and they have just rolled out the same game put with a new skin and put a 17 on the box instead of 14. Rugby league live 3 implemented rain perfectly into the game which was made by the same studio, by having puddles on the turf and getting mud on the jerseys.

Hi can you please direct me to his thread ?i can't find this Franco's hack .thank you

It's in the planet cricket academy forum
Sticky thread called fearsome tweak

The EA rain was rubbish though.

Day 1 - cloudy with chance of rain - play first hour or so then rain to the close and then no more rain for the rest of the match.

Day 1 - cloudy with chance of rain - play first hour or so then rain to the close and then no more rain for the rest of the match.

Agreed - BLC 99 got it right - variable conditions every day and it could rain every day if conditions were right

But when you sell a game and put dynamic weather on the list of features it shouldn't be way down the list of exceptions. What is so dynamic about having full sun all day? It shouldnt be hard to implement it as EA cricket 07 had rain in their game and that was brought out over 10 years ago, I understand EA is a much bigger company than Big Ant games but technology for gaming has come on so fast since 06/07 that this should be easy to programme, no excuse in my eyes specially when they sell their game using this as a selling point.

Cricket is all about tactics. I remember cricket 07 i would make changes to my bowling and batting lineup when i knew rain was about to come, thats what i like about cricket games, having to make changes in anticipation. Also when there is reduced overs in a game say in a T20 match a game was reduce to 14 overs you would play more attacking rather then being conservative, that is the exciting part of cricket.

The same mistakes were present in DBC 14 and they have just rolled out the same game put with a new skin and put a 17 on the box instead of 14. Rugby league live 3 implemented rain perfectly into the game which was made by the same studio, by having puddles on the turf and getting mud on the jerseys.
Okay, cheers...

It's in the planet cricket academy forum
Sticky thread called fearsome tweak
What is a fearsome tweak... ?[DOUBLEPOST=1499450204][/DOUBLEPOST]
The same mistakes were present in DBC 14 and they have just rolled out the same game put with a new skin and put a 17 on the box instead of 14.
I have to disagree, the very reason all these problem exists is because they changed everything and went with something new. If this was DBC 14 they would have done an EA sports. New roster tweak something and flog it at full price.[DOUBLEPOST=1499450244][/DOUBLEPOST]

And play on from 01:30 in the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread