Never have I felt so disengaged from the England Cricket Team

Well, I was probably thinking of the test side when I said what I said but even in ODI terms, England are not a bad side, they are just an inconsistent one. They are still better than Pakistan, WI, Bangladesh if the teams were to play each other multiples times, England would probably beat them more often than not. In terms of the players around, again, in the ODI format I feel England has a better overall selection that Bangladesh...although I don't like how they're taking Ireland so lightly.

My major issue with England is that the set up is still so embedded in an aged way of thinking, antiquated ideas from a group of people who don't understand where the modern game has gone and how it now works. Look at our domestic t20 tourney, we were the ones that started it and now, the one saviour of the county game has become a lackluster afterthought...the idea being, if we can't compete with the big boys, let's just step back and not do anything. Then there's problem with selection, too rarely are young talents are picked and when they are (Finn/Rashid), they're treated like dirt and not allowed to develop at the highest level. Rashid is slowly being brought back into the side and I hope he gets to play sooner, rather than later, having said that, Finn is all but decimated in the wake of the ECB process.

I'm still concerned about England's treatment of non-white players, this may seem like an outdated gripe (Atherton wrote about it some 2-3 years ago) but hardly ver have I seen a colour of asian or afro-Caribbean heritage get a prolonged shot at making a name for themselves at international cricket. Then, when there are certain players chosen, there's no more than 1 or 2 at a time. Bopara, one of the best limited overs players in the English game, a guy who can hold that title for the last half a decade, has been bounced in and out of the side like a yo-yo.

Now, in terms of Trott, he should never have been allowed back, lying bastard.

The word trust which has been pretty much ***** by the ECB in the past few days is a similar issue. I wonder what the likes of Taylor, Roy, Vince and a ton of other young English cricketers are thinking.. "Hey, I better not voice my opinion around the senior ranks.. If the biggest match winner in the last ten years of English cricket can get kicked around like a cur, who am I?"

It's a very very dangerous precedent to set. You really think a young budding cricketer is going to voice his opinion in that dressing room? It's pretty simple how I see it. Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook and whoever their new coach is. They will run English cricket. And the two names we have so far, are absolutely selfish morons. Cook is a nice lad, but he's stubborn and fails to see through his weaknesses or accept them. Let's not use adjectives for Strauss.

The word trust which has been pretty much ***** by the ECB in the past few days is a similar issue. I wonder what the likes of Taylor, Roy, Vince and a ton of other young English cricketers are thinking.. "Hey, I better not voice my opinion around the senior ranks.. If the biggest match winner in the last ten years of English cricket can get kicked around like a cur, who am I?"

Probably more along the lines of "Better not send derogatory texts about my captain to the opposition or come across as an arsehole to the senior players in the team. But hey, at least I haven't been practically kicked out of 3 teams."

Probably more along the lines of "Better not send derogatory texts about my captain to the opposition or come across as an arsehole to the senior players in the team. But hey, at least I haven't been practically kicked out of 3 teams."

Look, I'm not supporting that version. If anything, I sided with Strauss on that episode. But, after the 'reintegration,' England have looked for an excuse for their failures and it's either been the coach or Kevin Pietersen.

Andrew Strauss' job at the moment is to do what's best for English cricket and if 90% of very respected cricketers feel KP should be playing for England then he's not the reincarnation of Christ to not believe it. There's a lot of water under the bridge in this saga. It doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong. What matters is the best thing for English cricket and it would take a monumental turd to ignore KP, with the Ashes looming.

Let's you and me not pretend that either Strauss or KP are innocent or don't have egos. I've heard enough of the doos and the c*nt. If you know what I mean.

Edit: My point is based more on the rigidity and foolish ways in which English cricket is handled.

I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed by the lack of respect shown towards Andrew Strauss. He's a great man, who gave everything he had on the field, and I believe he'll work his socks off to get England back to number one.

None of us know what happened in the dressing room over the 4 years that Strauss was in charge. We're all guessing. But the players who were there would have ran through a brick wall for Strauss. The same couldn't be said for Pietersen.

I think Kevin is a great player, and I'm slightly saddened by the fact I'll never see him play again, but we have to move on and get behind both Strauss, and more importantly, the team. There's been so much negativity in recent months. Let's give the new management a chance, and judge them in 18-24 months time. Strauss was a very successful captain (no matter what his methods were) and I'm sure he'll be an equally good manager.

Fair enough, agree with you in some areas disagree in others. As I've said before I think the right decision was come to but they've gone about it in the wrong way.

Good grief what is wrong with you people? Why is this lie about KP sending derogatory texts still being peddled, when KP CLEARLY explained that he did no such thing in October? Are you people so entrenched in your dislike for KP, that you will forever keep regurgitating these falsehoods!?:facepalm

Fair enough, agree with you in some areas disagree in others. As I've said before I think the right decision was come to but they've gone about it in the wrong way.

I agree with most of what you said as well. My biggest, greatest point of anger towards this is the cheating. Why put the bait out there? You ask Kevin to drop an IPL contract and redeem himself by offering him a clean slate and then ask him to shove it? Okay, you might have put one over him in your personal vendetta against him but what about the fans? Fans like me who wanted to see him play for England again? Okay, he's not trustworthy enough to do that. But then, I missed seeing him bat in the IPL?

What about the avid KP fan that just wants to see him perform? I think, his sacking was handled poorly, but this is just borderline criminal. And, just for the record, I don't think KP deserved to ever play for England after the text gate episode. However, after all that KP has handled himself well, while Strauss (who had the majority of the support then) has generally come across as a moron. Sorry, this is my opinion and dare I say the majority's as well.

Edit- And amidst all this garbage and high profile ego play, only two have lost out- 1)English Cricket. 2)The fans.

And I will keep saying this- Sack Strauss. Sack Cook (as captain). Make Root the captain. Ask him if he wants KP. Regardless, back him. Give him some power and responsibility to shape the future. In Cook, you have a tired, stubborn and failed captain. He has no imagination or conviction in his leadership simply because the outside pressures have mostly conceived him.

I have to say, I'm a little bit disappointed by the lack of respect shown towards Andrew Strauss. He's a great man, who gave everything he had on the field, and I believe he'll work his socks off to get England back to number one.

None of us know what happened in the dressing room over the 4 years that Strauss was in charge. We're all guessing. But the players who were there would have ran through a brick wall for Strauss. The same couldn't be said for Pietersen.

I think Kevin is a great player, and I'm slightly saddened by the fact I'll never see him play again, but we have to move on and get behind both Strauss, and more importantly, the team. There's been so much negativity in recent months. Let's give the new management a chance, and judge them in 18-24 months time. Strauss was a very successful captain (no matter what his methods were) and I'm sure he'll be an equally good manager.

Are you in any way implying that negativity around team in recent months has not been warranted given the teams performances in all formats since the Ashes whitewash?

As Jarod Kimber stated here - Switch Hit | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo, I'm not convinced just because Strauss was a successful captain, that he was the best man suited for this role. Based on what he did with KP, I think the ECB just went for a guy in this role who they knew would not question their position on not wanting to pick KP. This is probably why Vaughan and Alec Stewart were not properly interviewed.

Similarly to why the choose Moores as coach because of history with KP. These people are vindictive bastards.

I believe we ENG have some interesting talent coming through, but am not convinced the correct people over the next 18-24 months will be in charge of guiding these talent and i fear now instead of having a Fletcher/Hussain or Flower/Strauss period of success soon, we will have Illingworth 90s period of madness again.

Good grief what is wrong with you people? Why is this lie about KP sending derogatory texts still being peddled, when KP CLEARLY explained that he did no such thing in October? Are you people so entrenched in your dislike for KP, that you will forever keep regurgitating these falsehoods!?:facepalm

‘I regret being involved in conversations like that, and I shouldn’t have been...' In reference to conversations where Strauss was labelled as a 'doos'. At the time he also claimed it was 'banter between close friends'. I'd say that's a bit derogatory and unacceptable on the whole...

‘I regret being involved in conversations like that, and I shouldn’t have been...' In reference to conversations where Strauss was labelled as a 'doos'. At the time he also claimed it was 'banter between close friends'. I'd say that's a bit derogatory and unacceptable on the whole...

Agree with this totally. Banter with friends? Well, if friends are on the other side of the dressing room and you're dissing your own team mate, then I know who the 'doos' is. There is no part of this where KP looks good. Strauss was completely right here and that's why even after such a corrupt act, it's KP who is looking good today and not Strauss. It just shows, how Strauss has sort of destroyed his image.

Right, that part was always mute. If you listen to interview again outside they key issue/allegation was whether he sent texts sharing tactics about ENG & how to get Strauss out to proteas - BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Pietersen: South Africa texts were 'stick to batter me with' which he denied & none of ENG players have since made a counter claim - including Strauss.

He did though say that it was initiated by the South Africans noticing that Strauss was being very rude and blanking him in public.

What was revealed however in a concrete manner in that texting nonsense, was the paradoy account was run by ENG players, which Alec Stewart stated he told ECB about it and they did nothing to Broad & co - but were quick to jump and investigate textgate shit, which is consistent with their vindictiveness towards him since 2012.

The thing that I have noticed and have also read somewhere is that KP wasn't happy with the price that he was bought at in the IPL auction. He was expecting a higher price because he finished Big bash with decent runs. Anyways, that's just my thought and it might not be true.

If i were in strauss position this is the team that would be walking out against NZ

Hales (he is in good touch and eng certainly need someone to accelerate at top)
Lyth/Cook ( cook gets three tests to get another good score or he is out if his batting or performance is poor especially nicking full outside off gets exploited by southy and boult, also he is not captain material)
balance
KP
root [C]
butler (he need to bat higher not at 8)
Ali/stokes(stokes preferred as he bats better, though ali if there's decent amount of turn in pitch)
Wood
plunkett (pace)
broad [VC]
anderson

---
tredwell
woakes
jordan
mills

root should be given captaincy stating simply the results dont matter process matter. Now even if they get slaughtered they would be moving forward. Not stagnating and getting slaughtered.

That batting order will give even the mitch pair some second thoughts.They may not even win but there will be good fight and progress like Aus did despite loosing 3-0 when lehman took over.

While a new director should be judged over a couple of years, he should still do the best to make the team winning for the next couple of months, which i dont believe seems to be moto now, they are preparing to loose and then rebuild after that.

Problem is as I've said before, sending in someone with basically no captaining experience to the series we've lined up would be bordering on suicidal at the moment.

Are you in any way implying that negativity around team in recent months has not been warranted given the teams performances in all formats since the Ashes whitewash?

As Jarod Kimber stated here - Switch Hit | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo, I'm not convinced just because Strauss was a successful captain, that he was the best man suited for this role. Based on what he did with KP, I think the ECB just went for a guy in this role who they knew would not question their position on not wanting to pick KP. This is probably why Vaughan and Alec Stewart were not properly interviewed.

Similarly to why the choose Moores as coach because of history with KP. These people are vindictive bastards.

I believe we ENG have some interesting talent coming through, but am not convinced the correct people over the next 18-24 months will be in charge of guiding these talent and i fear now instead of having a Fletcher/Hussain or Flower/Strauss period of success soon, we will have Illingworth 90s period of madness again.

Recent results haven't been good and everyone has to right to feel as frustrated as I do.

However, we now have a new director, and soon a new coach. Let's just get behind the team. Strauss has made 4 decisions that he feels are right for the team. I know I'm in a minority, but I'm pleased with all 4 decisions. Only time will tell if he's got it right, but let's not bitch about him and just give him this time.

This is already getting dangerously similar to an Alan Pardew at Newcastle situation. He was a good manager who the fans got rid of due to their negativity. Look at them now. I hope England make a decent fight of both series this summer, and people get off his back a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread