New patch has broken the game online

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since the release of the new patch online play has become a joke.
Constant edges through offside with even good timing and good shot choice.
Getting the footwork correct is so hard since the release of the new patch using classic controls,yet using standard there are hardly any edges
Please remember there is also an online community for this game and not everyone buys the game to play offline when releasing future patches.

3 greens and you won't edge at all Ever, stop moaning and git gud[DOUBLEPOST=1528674142][/DOUBLEPOST]W.r.t to footwork try to play with pitch marker on and set the LS in the direction of pitch marker you will get green all the time,, it's one of the reason I am hardly edging it.

3 greens and you won't edge at all Ever, stop moaning and git gud[DOUBLEPOST=1528674142][/DOUBLEPOST]W.r.t to footwork try to play with pitch marker on and set the LS in the direction of pitch marker you will get green all the time,, it's one of the reason I am hardly edging it.
this shot is going to edge to 1st slip
as you mentioned you are also hardly getting edge , but getting , what about people who are not playing with pitch markers they should stop playing game now as they are not getting green with classic controller ?

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_2-52-49.png
    upload_2018-6-11_2-52-49.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 16
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-06-11 at 2.48.57 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-06-11 at 2.48.57 AM.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 17
Try to focus on the empty side of the color marker and then PLACE LS opposite to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1528675245][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys which are edging mostly put LS at 6 o clock mostly try setting it at 7 o'clock for most bowls and see the difference yourself, OK I have spilled the secret of not edging it.

this shot is going to edge to 1st slip
as you mentioned you are also hardly getting edge , but getting , what about people who are not playing with pitch markers they should stop playing game now as they are not getting green with classic controller ?
I tested with standard controls as sherry reported that he is getting too many edges with it. And you are reporting that classic controls are getting too many edges.
I can play on both controls n i dont see major difference. Only difference is that we hv to control two sticks with classic controls.
I also play with pitch marker. May be you are not judging footwork properly becoz of aerial marker.
Even i faced edges issues initially on hard mode. But i reduced the difficulty to medium and then came back to hard again after i felt comfortable with medium. I m fine now with the timing on hard.
Can you try playing with lower difficulties for few days and see if it suits you until you get comfortable.
Also i didnt play online with new patch. All my comments above are only from offline gameplay.

Thats not true, being an online player I disagree with you. Get footwork snd timing right, batsman confidence Yellow, and you will not edge :)

I tested with standard controls as sherry reported that he is getting too many edges with it. And you are reporting that classic controls are getting too many edges.
I can play on both controls n i dont see major difference. Only difference is that we hv to control two sticks with classic controls.
I also play with pitch marker. May be you are not judging footwork properly becoz of aerial marker.
Even i faced edges issues initially on hard mode. But i reduced the difficulty to medium and then came back to hard again after i felt comfortable with medium. I m fine now with the timing on hard.
Can you try playing with lower difficulties for few days and see if it suits you until you get comfortable.
Also i didnt play online with new patch. All my comments above are only from offline gameplay.
thanks buddy for sharing views , as in online we are playing veteran , and not me but my other almost 20 friends facing same issue , their is no game modifier to reduce difficulty , i am playing without any kind of marker , pitch or aerial or whatever , i can play without any marker , but my other friends are playing with markers , facing same issue, we can provide some video as a proof that nothing is wrong with our timing[DOUBLEPOST=1528696877][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats not true, being an online player I disagree with you. Get footwork snd timing right, batsman confidence Yellow, and you will not edge :)
which level you are playing ? if veteran or above , then share your i.d with me and play a match and show me how to avoid edges

Try to focus on the empty side of the color marker and then PLACE LS opposite to it.[DOUBLEPOST=1528675245][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys which are edging mostly put LS at 6 o clock mostly try setting it at 7 o'clock for most bowls and see the difference yourself, OK I have spilled the secret of not edging it.
this is totally wrong , we (me and all my friends) are not new in dbc or in ashes and not rookie level players , we know how to place footwork , this is feel like preplaned edges , no way to survive if any one disagree with me or thinking that he know how not to get edge , come and face my bowling , i can show the error

Since the release of the new patch online play has become a joke.
Constant edges through offside with even good timing and good shot choice.
Getting the footwork correct is so hard since the release of the new patch using classic controls,yet using standard there are hardly any edges
Please remember there is also an online community for this game and not everyone buys the game to play offline when releasing future patches.
It’s not just online. Edges are over the top offline too

It’s not just online. Edges are over the top offline too
How many hours you played Ashes mate. Infact the new update made batting very realistic and edges are part and parcel of the game. Why are you moaning repeatedly about edges without practice. Play down to medium or easy difficulty, i also came down to medium from hard and enjoying the batting. If edges were not there what is the beauty of game. You have to learn to settle at the crease and once you get confidence then you will bat well. Don't ask for arcade cricket. We are getting bored with such arcade games. More than 90% are happy with this build. Only few like you are constantly moaning and side tracking BigAnt to destroy the realistic game without going to practice and even coming down to medium difficulty.
Ps: i am both test and odi player.

Last edited:
I don’t want BigAnt to change anything. I’m just trying to work out how to play this game. I was fine pre patch, now I get so many edges. I’ve been playing the game for about three months now. I always wait until the batsmen confidence is green. I defend every ball until this is the case. I think the issue I’m having is using classic controls it’s very hard to determine foot placement. It’s seems a little bit of a guessing game which isn’t good when you punished for an edge everytime placement isn’t good or perfect! Maybe you are right, I do need practice, and of course I will keep trying. But atm it seems the game is too punishing for minor timing or foot placement mistakes. Eg I often get edges when timing/placement is ok. I don’t think this should produce an edge. A poor shot maybe, but I think edges should come when you get early or late timing or poor foot placement.

I don’t want BigAnt to change anything. I’m just trying to work out how to play this game. I was fine pre patch, now I get so many edges. I’ve been playing the game for about three months now. I always wait until the batsmen confidence is green. I defend every ball until this is the case. I think the issue I’m having is using classic controls it’s very hard to determine foot placement. It’s seems a little bit of a guessing game which isn’t good when you punished for an edge everytime placement isn’t good or perfect! Maybe you are right, I do need practice, and of course I will keep trying. But atm it seems the game is too punishing for minor timing or foot placement mistakes. Eg I often get edges when timing/placement is ok. I don’t think this should produce an edge. A poor shot maybe, but I think edges should come when you get early or late timing or poor foot placement.
You said in your previous post that you dont use any marker. 90% of the users use markers and most of them seem to be happy with this patch. I think its time for you to use marker. Lets try n see if it can make any difference to you.

You said in your previous post that you dont use any marker. 90% of the users use markers and most of them seem to be happy with this patch. I think its time for you to use marker. Lets try n see if it can make any difference to you.
This would be a given or find someone who doesn''t use it... But as you said ninty percent do so it would be tough but a decent experiment to make.

I like this 90 % Statistic being thrown around as if gospel...
This would be a given or find someone who doesn''t use it... But as you said ninty percent do so it would be tough but a decent experiment to make.

I was referring either pitch marker or aerial marker. I assume most of the players use either of the marker.
Sorry incase my assumption was wrong and my intention to him is try with any of the marker to see if it can help him.

Users who are viewing this thread