New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damme you AI. Just couldn't stop the run fest.. i LOVE this patch . Hell with the swing.

I appreciate some people CANT play if certain issues arnt to their liking.

Everyone has a different personality.

But I’m pleased your enjoying as there is a LOT of good stuff in this...

You will get some fantastic games!

Glad I slept good through all that...

I know your frustrated and this forum has had a snowball effect.

But this post shows a little recognition of what we have done we the AI.

Hopefully swing can be fixed and your have your game..

For things like batting or too easy and too hard it’s impossible to win.

So many variables and different people playing in different ways. I’d much rather it be tooo hard than too easy.

Played my first two Online Pro20`s against South African compatriots.

Alot of swearing happened in our Party Chat.

First match I set a target of 63 , got chased down with 5 wickets in hand in the 15th Over .....

Second match I was bowled out for 52 in the 15th Over , bowled opponent out for 24.

This is all against very good opponents.

The New Very Very very late Timing Window on Legend difficulty is going to take a while to wipe 4 years ( yes thats when DBC14 released April 2014) of Muscle Memory.

Not sure why the decision was made to move it so far forward from point of leaving the hand to now it seems when the ball pitches. But so be it , the decision was made.

Trying to hit aerial has not paid off at all , so to put it mildly its frustrating.

It seems as I was fearing that the focus was indeed mainly on fixing AI , and getting a decent Test Cricket game, unfortunately at the expense of Limited Over Games. Maybe some tinkering here please ?

I`m hearing rave reviews about the AI being fixed , along with the mentalities etc. but there needs to return a focus now to other issues that was untouched.

• First would be the Aerial Shot difficulty for Limited Over Cricket , where the Timing window might need some opening up.
  • Batting animations still being out of kilt (Cover Drive animation going to Mid On etc.)
  • Square drive now sort of nerved to the point of not playing it.
  • Slow turning after canceling 1st run
  • Lack of sliding bat in at either end
  • Still cannot get batsman to return to his own crease after shot was played, so forced to allways bat well inside the crease.
  • Stats

I`m hearing rave reviews about the AI being fixed , along with the mentalities etc. but there needs to return a focus now to other issues that was untouched.

• First would be the Aerial Shot difficulty for Limited Over Cricket , where the Timing window might need some opening up.
  • Batting animations still being out of kilt (Cover Drive animation going to Mid On etc.)
  • Stats

I like the way Acid Burn thinks!

First match I set a target of 63 , got chased down with 5 wickets in hand in the 15th Over .....

Second match I was bowled out for 52 in the 15th Over , bowled opponent out for 24.

The New Very Very very late Timing Window on Legend difficulty is going to take a while to wipe 4 years ( yes thats when DBC14 released April 2014) of Muscle Memory.

Not sure why the decision was made to move it so far forward from point of leaving the hand to now it seems when the ball pitches. But so be it , the decision was made.

Trying to hit aerial has not paid off at all , so to put it mildly its frustrating.

It seems as I was fearing that the focus was indeed mainly on fixing AI , and getting a decent Test Cricket game, unfortunately at the expense of Limited Over Games. Maybe some tinkering here please ?

• Stats

It was changed because people moaned about pre meditation and it being SO easy etc.

Now your all back to square one so your all in the sane boat ;)

Like I said different people like different things therefore your never going to win.

People hates sixes being too easy some loved doing it every ball..

I’m pleased it’s hard, maybe DJ lord of online may now struggle a tad!

that happens when you just press the leave button. Try using foot work too(left stick). Footwork + Leave button(I think that's how it happens in cricket). Let us know if it works.

I do use footwork. But after it passes the batsman, they try to switch their feet and leave the crease.

• Still cannot get batsman to return to his own crease after shot was played, so forced to allways bat well inside the crease.
  • Stats

Have u checked pro or vetran level difficulty in online?

The list is too long and m afraid majority is not even interested to post anymore about the online bugs , including the new ones added.

Have u checked pro or vetran level difficulty in online?
I heard veteran is pretty good for T20.
Legend, a bit too hard.

@Chaman

I`m contemplating after a few more game of maybe dropping it down to see if it helps.

I think for Tests , we might stick with it on Legend , but to compensate for the Shorter format might go down.

Too early to tell yet.

The only major change I've made to my settings since the patch is to take the shot power up from 18 to about 30 now. I really should do some testing of different conditions/grounds/teams to check, but wondered if anyone could help......

Is the Kia Oval just a big ground? I'm really struggling to get the ball to the boundary. Most of my shots piece the infield at a reasonable speed, but really slow up in the final 3rd of the pitch before the rope, leading to a ton of 2s and 3s. Are all grounds the same size in terms of outfield area? Or are there actually big and small grounds?

I'm glad I'm playing a test match right now though. Not sure how I'd post any kind of total in limited overs or T20 if I can't get the ball to the boundary! I did do one shot with circle rather than x on ps4 (aggressive over regular, or however they're labelled). The ball went through the air and first bounce was still between where the outfield and infielders would be, then a few bounces and a reasonable roll for 4. Was a fair few meters short of being a six though, for sure.

The only major change I've made to my settings since the patch is to take the shot power up from 18 to about 30 now. I really should do some testing of different conditions/grounds/teams to check, but wondered if anyone could help......

Is the Kia Oval just a big ground? I'm really struggling to get the ball to the boundary. Most of my shots piece the infield at a reasonable speed, but really slow up in the final 3rd of the pitch before the rope, leading to a ton of 2s and 3s. Are all grounds the same size in terms of outfield area? Or are there actually big and small grounds?

I'm glad I'm playing a test match right now though. Not sure how I'd post any kind of total in limited overs or T20 if I can't get the ball to the boundary! I did do one shot with circle rather than x on ps4 (aggressive over regular, or however they're labelled). The ball went through the air and first bounce was still between where the outfield and infielders would be, then a few bounces and a reasonable roll for 4. Was a fair few meters short of being a six though, for sure.
I was able to hit a few sixes in a T20 On medium difficulty. But both batsman were well settled and ball was down the leg and wide of off. What difficulty are you playing? I'm also on standard controls.

Well I’ve only managed half an ODI. Started with Australia 100 for 1 but got to the end of the 50 overs at 328ish. Such a superb and rewarding bowling experience. Had edges, LBWs and some nice boundary catches. This was my 5th ODI V Australia and Steve Smith was completely out of form hadn’t hit more than 10 in each match and that continued as he went for 2 with a massive edge to gully.

So I started batting and like everyone else it’s a brand new experience. Sixes are hard to come by but I like that. You’re working for every run, whether it’s a 1 or a 6. I ran out of time last night but it just gripped me with how the changes have made such a big change. Commentary is much better now although Jame Taylor still says morning everyone when he comes back and it’s the afternoon.

I still hate the massive slides when trying to stop a boundary and sliding out for 4. I hope this is something for the future.

Well done to the guys within the BETA who have taken their own time out of their lives to help with the patch. Your testing has provided it’s worth already within this short space of time.

I was able to hit a few sixes in a T20 On medium difficulty. But both batsman were well settled and ball was down the leg and wide of off. What difficulty are you playing? I'm also on standard controls.

Hard batting, Hard bowling, Veteran difficult. Heavily altered sliders for pretty much everything. Happy to post if anyone wants them! I use whichever controls the game comes preset to, the one that uses buttons rather than the stick.

I bat pro-cam, and with just the coloured circle around the ball. I find that right now, having to watch the ball and react is a perfect balance. Judging the graphic of how full the circle is around the ball, plus the potential seam movement, that is class. Makes the CPU bowling just outside the off stump a killer, and a godsend if you can get free runs off the pads! If I make a wrong decision or get caught in two minds trying to decide what the ball is doing or where it's going, I'm generally getting punished. But it isn't unrealistic, I just have to concentrate. May be completely different for someone who is better/worse than me of course.

• Stats

he wasn't as vocal in showing stuff so people may have got a skewed impression, but my recollection of my time in beta was @grkrama played a lot of bating in limited overs, and he would have been vocal if it was too hard. (not to say he'd have definitely carried the day, but there'd have been discussion).

now he is obviously very good in batting, so may not be the best guide for "everyman", but it's probably something to persevere with?

i must say i didn't particularly like the batting yesterday, and i am hugely in sympathy with the view of why should i relearn a game i've already learnt? but equally i can see the value in a later timing window - even if i certainly didn't feel i could play off the pitch as was suggested. i am prepared to give that time though.

the swing and seam i struggle to see past. i'm glad the swing is being resolved, and i hope seam will be too. if not i'll try and tone it down with friction sliders, and if that doesn't work the game will unfortunately not be playable for me. the only word i can use for it is cartoonish.

What's the difference between a "Hotfix" and a "Patch"?
To explain the difference in software term , Hotfix is released whenever an important functionality is not working as required and is more on an priority basis . Patch would be planned fixes and new features being added to the software . Hope i was able to answer your queries :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread