New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play career and I bowl as a leg spinner so the swing issue doesn’t affect me as much. What I’ve seen of the patch I’ve really enjoyed, especially the backfoot shots, which are now perfect.

However, we would save 15 pages of bitching and moaning if a rep from BA deigned to come on here and said: “yes, we know there’s an issue, and yes we will fix it.” It’s customer service 101.

The lofted square cut still goes to mid off, I mean what a joke. After 6 months and this is still an issue. Absolute joke of a company.
Do they REALLY even pay any attention whatsoever ? I struggle to believe so considering THAT of all things is still an issue.
The amount of times that issue has been bought up over the past 6 months beggars belief yet is still an issue.
Really am done with them.
Now bowling is a complete an utter bore where who knows where your swinging ball will go.
How fun is that ? Not knowing what on earth you are bowling ? Real fun.

The new patch has made the gameplay solid. I am still getting used to the new timing. But I love the fact that I no longer need to pre-meditate my shots against the quicks. These are some of my observations after playing a T20 and one online match (T10):

1. Seems like back-foot and front-foot shot timings are slightly different.
2. Hitting aerial is very risky. Don't know if it is because I am struggling to time, but I feel aerial shots have probably become too hard?
3. New loading screens - nice touch!
4. There are certainly some changes to fielding animations. It looks much more smooth and realistic. One thing - if you mistime the throw meter, the ball balloons way too high before reaching the person collecting the throw
5. Spinners - anyone else feels they are too over-powered? Especially on dusty, the ball spins way too much and it's difficult to hit a good spin bowler.
6. Spinners - They don't flight the ball as much as pre-patch. The ball comes in a bit quicker than earlier.
7. Found some new things added (correct me if I am wrong and this is not new) - in the Tactics menu, you now have options to change batting order and manage bowlers.
8. Ball bounces much higher on hard surface compared to earlier.
9. Medium pacers are completely useless now (mainly because of the missing swing)
10. Prod shots by AI are gone. Even humans abusing the prod/off-drive (LS at 12 and RS at 4 or 5) which were over-powered are now neutered. Infact that shot has now become completely useless. They went to the other end of the extreme for this shot. There is no reason to have a third-man now for any bowler type since the shot power has been reduced way too much
11. It seems like another shot being abused (flick on the leg-side) has also been neutered
12. Aerial late-cut still goes to mid-off (it must be really difficult to fix this I feel considering it was reported so many times and yet not fixed)
13. Not sure about this but per initial impressions seems like humans can no longer abuse the quick 2 runs being run whenever the ball goes into outfield.
14. Menus - They have done some great optimisation (now the teams/logos load very fast in match selection screens or at other places)
15. Custom player faces and other visuals look much improved (though the logos on uniform still look blurred)
16. Along with swing being gone, even the exaggerate seaming deliveries are neutered. Cutters don't cut like fast spinners now.

For online, the game has become much harder and is no longer a slog-fest (thankfully). I will update this as I play more.

7 was already there.

Reactions: Pat
Was really excited for this patch after the build up by the Beta Team.
But clearly they are as big a bunch of liars as the company.
As someone who bought their AFL, NRL and Cricket titles over the years, this is one person you have screwed one too many times.
Believe me, I know at least a dozen people personally who feel the exact same way.
This company is no where near what it used to be.
The silence, the amount of time it takes for anything to be fixed.
Might see a fix on the swing/seam issue pop up on my ps4 in 2019.
Over and out.
Done and dusted.

Hiting a six of a fast or medium bowlers are next to impossible and playing late as i possibly can. Most of the time its a late miss. Or OK on timing which ends up being a catch.

Id be willing to give the gaming laptop a run out to help develop patches, and im in a similar time zone to the devs. But hey they do good work already. We are nearly there with my demands and I wouldnt have picked up on stuff like online and the stats issue. Hat has always been in the ring though.

No but I think you definitely would of picked up on the swing/seam issue. After all, you aren't blind as a bat.

Editing a video atm @WealeyH and I'm playing a Five5 match at night. Yadav is getting some serious in swing.
Should mention this is pre-patch. Sorry!

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, if this is their last patch for the game, Big Ant is on my blacklist.

You might get another one in months time. My guess probably 3 months at best.[DOUBLEPOST=1524798763][/DOUBLEPOST]You would think seeing as Cricket is a game of 3 things really. Batting, Bowling and Fielding that you would spread the testing out between all 3.
Obviously it's been based on one thing. Batting.

There will always be some one genarally unhappy in life but. This patch have pushed the game forward. Beta team have done most we wanted from them.

The lofted square cut still goes to mid off, I mean what a joke. After 6 months and this is still an issue. Absolute joke of a company.
Do they REALLY even pay any attention whatsoever ? I struggle to believe so considering THAT of all things is still an issue.
The amount of times that issue has been bought up over the past 6 months beggars belief yet is still an issue.
Really am done with them.
Now bowling is a complete an utter bore where who knows where your swinging ball will go.
How fun is that ? Not knowing what on earth you are bowling ? Real fun.

It's simple really.
To a right hand batsmen
Seam facing slip = it swings out, how much depends on the pitch and the bowlers swing ability
Seam facing fine leg = it swings in, once again how much depends on the pitch and the bowlers swing ability
Seam facing straight = Now this is where the random seam movement off the pitch should happen. Either it goes straight on with the seam or it seams randomly.

Instead we have.
To a right hand batsmen.
Seam facing slip = Will go straight in the air and seam in off the pitch.
Seam facing fine leg = Will go straight in the air and seam out off the pitch.[DOUBLEPOST=1524789503][/DOUBLEPOST]MattW Considering how good the rest of the game is, it'd be a shame if this issue was not hotfixed asap.

Do you see the difference in these two posts?

One achieves something - concise, simple and actionable feedback.

The other is a random stream of consciousness that serves no purpose and ultimately helps no one. Take a second before posting next time, and consider what is actually worth posting.

The second post I’ve quoted is great and worthwhile. It’s a meaningful contribution.

I'm going to be blunt, I'm going to be honest. Maybe a little too blunt and a little too honest. The reason we are still where we are is people here being too nice and too weak.

Hiting a six of a fast or medium bowlers are next to impossible and playing late as i possibly can. Most of the time its a late miss. Or OK on timing which ends up being a catch.
Try batting modifiers with various options. Its atleast giving me some good results with batting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread