New speakers - budget ?50

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi there, I am looking to replace my trusty Logitech X-210 speakers; the left hand speaker has started playing up after many years of solid service. I have been delighted with the sound, until that happened.

I'm looking for a new 2.1 system, that is a good all rounder, but especially good for gaming; that'll be its primary use. Something similar to what I have now, but better obviously, especially if the price is closer to ?50 than ?20 (which is what I paid for the X-210s: an incredible bargain!)

The cable length needs to be nice and long similar to the X-210s, as I have my woofer on the middle shelf of my desk, with the speakers themselves up on a shelf above the monitor. I would like ones with a wired or wireless remote, as long as it's of good solid build: on the X-210s, adjusting the volume on it results in a load of crackling - basically it's not very good. Failing that, having the volume and on/off on the right speaker wouldn't be a problem.

I would've gone for a 5.1 system, but my room set up makes it extremely tricky and I can't have wires trailing all over the room as that isn't safe and doesn't look good either. ;)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)

Edit: This is in the wrong section, sorry about that. Could a mod move it to the Tech. section please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread