New Star Cricket

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
"New Star Soccer" has been one of my absolute favourite games for the last 12 years, a great little arcady football game where you play a career as a footballer and some fun other stuff... and ZOMG if I didn't open the AppStore up this morning to find that they have now launched "New Star Cricket"!

I don't have an iPhone so will have to wait till next week till I get back in the office to try it out, but if you've got one then it could already be live in YOUR territory.

New Star Cricket on the App Store

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Safe to assume it will be iOS specific only? Too bad I won't be able to get my hands on it then.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Safe to say it's the best cricket game on the App Store, I was waiting for a game like new star soccer for Cricket and must say this has exceeded my expectations.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What the....? That can happen? I wonder why.

And here I was about to visit the Playstore :(

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
The first link is not available in India but the second is. Thanks for that link. Btw is that the same game or different? Two games on the playstore with only one game accessible.
both looking same...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Safe to say it's the best cricket game on the App Store, I was waiting for a game like new star soccer for Cricket and must say this has exceeded my expectations.

The gameplay itself is pretty bad: on tablet it works better, but the central mechanic is really flawed on mobile as it relies heavily on you being VERY accurate pressing the screen. It's just too small for you to be able to meaningly do so. BUT, it's a nice little time killer.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
The gameplay itself is pretty bad: on tablet it works better, but the central mechanic is really flawed on mobile as it relies heavily on you being VERY accurate pressing the screen. It's just too small for you to be able to meaningly do so. BUT, it's a nice little time killer.
That's basically why I loved NSS although the game mechanics are much better and there are few logical flaws in NSC which just doesn't make sense and just saying spoils the mood. At first when you are starting up its so good but you get to the second season and there's no offers from other teams even though I had an average of 100 and strike rate with the ball 9. And it's so bad That you have to only click the middle of the ball to get runs other wise either 0 or a you're out.

MrNginator

International Coach
NZ....
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The game itself is promising and has a few ways of improving the game so it's top notch. It's already been covered on here about the batting mechanics and how you must have dead-eye accuracy to able to even play a good ball, because if your accuracy is off but slightly then you'll most likely just end up with hitting a single or two or if you're lucky a cheeky 4. In most cases just ends up being a single or given out. Also dislike the idea that you have to hit the boundary if there is none in sight and if you don't you are given no run which doesn't make any logical sense. Bowling is slightly better in the sense that you aim for the targeted area of green to achieve the desired result of either a wicket or catch, however it is more difficult when adding spin or if the target is aimed at the edge of the pitch. Biggest flaw has to be the rating system though. For example, if you managed to grab a century and not get out, then that should result in a higher rating, but rating is based off on whether you pass the mini-games within each game. Anyways NSC is promising and with improvements to these things, the game itself could end up overshadowing NSS in a few months time.

hassassinscreed

School Cricketer
I've played this game quite a bit. Played a lot of NSS too. They're incredibly addictive time passers, truly.

I haven't bought any in-app purchases and in the first five years of my career that meant a long span of no game time. Eventually though I got a move to another club and they paid well enough to afford the NRG drinks needed to train and play.

It's a game where you're judged on a results basis very strictly on every mini-game. You can score a double century and still get a shit match rating.

My tip for free players is to negotiate your wages so you don't have to wait so long for a break. If your circumstances mean you're never being selected for a season, focus on training your stats up before getting your relationships back up. Also understand that every time you have to do something in a match, it's always make or break.

D

Deleted member 9102

I liked the New Star Soccer games when they were just on PC, but the developer really sold out to the shitty practices of mobile gaming and I don't want to support him... NSS was an indie project with a nice community, and the game was a lot of fun, improving with each version (except maybe NSS2010 with the attempt at 3D) but that has been totally abandoned and they now make money-grabbing shallow mobile games full of microtransactions. Without downloading, I know New Star Cricket will be one of these.

The PC version of NSS5 on Steam got no support. Bugs were left unpatched (while the mobile app got regular updates) and generally the game was worse than previous editions... When people started to point this out on the forums, instead of responding to any of it, he shut down the forums and has been totally silent about PC since.

NSS on mobile started out okay actually, where you paid for the game and got a full game... Now it's F2P and just another of the typical mobile "grind or pay" microtransaction laden bullshit games.

Users who are viewing this thread