More crowd and music mixes... B) Any more ideas for different music to play? :w

1629 and Dreadlock Holiday
1664 and Who let the dogs out
1666 and Feeling fine
1667 and Hey baby
1668 and Let me entertain you
1675 and Another one bites the dust
1678 and Howzat :?

By the way does anyone know what's happened to my name [and straw's] after it says 'Posted: by' ... I can just see it in black if I hover over the space.
Also my avatar [a photo] went missing last night and can't upload it again, hence the golfball.

No error message, it says 'your avatar has been updated'

The picture I want to upload from my documents is a .jpg photo 78x78 pixels ,does it have to be uploaded from say photobucket with a url?

As you can see the golfball appears ok.

How many more files have you got left to mix ste?
How much music do you need?

btw are you thinking of making a commentary patch after the music?

I think you did it for cricket 2002 and they were awesome :cool

Or was it someone else's :?

To mix
1626 AWAYBAT FOUR1 ... 6 secs
1639 AWAYBAT OUT2 ... 14 secs
1641 AWAYBAT OUT4 ... 13 secs

1663 HOMEBAT FOUR1A ... 9 secs
1665 HOMEBAT FOUR2A ... 10 secs
1676 HOMEBAT OUT2A ... 8secs
1677 HOMEBAT OUT2B ... 5secs

Might be a few others I could do [HOMEBAT/AWAYBAT 18 different claps for example] some are used when a boundary is scored I think.

As you can see, a few short ones, not easy to find music to fit in those :tired

Need maybe about 3 or 4 different songs if you can think of any for the remaining ones.

Someone else did a commentary patch for 2002 ,but I did the odd few by Richie Benaud from channel 4 commentary.
Think the new crowds are enough for the time being, after all most is in stereo now :cap:
Enjoy the mixes...

Two more songs that are used in twenty20 cricket are the Tom Hark song (the one that arsenal sing - thierry henry to) this song is used after boundries.
And the other song used is the - na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye -song, this one is used when an away batsman is out.

It would be gr8 to have these songs to make it even more realistic.

Thanks,
Mark

p.s keep up the excellent work! :up

Thanks, obvious choices now you mention them :one I've got both of those songs ... I'll use appropriate bits of them for a few more.
We started using the Tom Hark song at Bramall Lane [Sheffield United for those who don't know] about 3 years ago and now everyone sings it <_<

Oh yeah that reminds me i did give you the na na na na song in one of the zip files and you haven't used it yet :?

oasis don't look back in anger is also used when a player is out

Here we are.. 18 mixed now :blink:
1639 and na na na na
1641 and na na na na
1663 and Tom Hark
1665 and Tom Hark
1676 and na na na na
1677 and na na na na

That's all for now :u :u :u :one Up the Blades

Great work with the sounds Steve - adds a new dimension to the game. Only problem I have is that the first couple of zip folders do not download correctly; I get a corrupt file message. Also with one or two other zip folders. Any chance of one big folder with all of your work? Bit cheeky to ask but heh? ;) Thanks for your efforts to date.

Really impressed ! by the way you have done the sound editing and remixing. I would like to point out when a batsman (from any country) scores a century or half century there is sometimes no applause. (It happens only if the batsman scores a boundry while reaching his fifty or hundered. Please can u make some modifications on this. :mellow:

debjitr ... I can't do anything about there being no applause when a 50 or 100 is reached .. it just happens to be another [very poor] bug in Cricket 2004.

philt said ...''Only problem I have is that the first couple of zip folders do not download correctly; I get a corrupt file message''
Which folders do you mean?

I'm not sure that the mixed music and applause works all that well having tested it out... 10cc - Dreadlock Holiday [I don't like cricket, oh no , I love it] seems to appear too frequently as 1629 [AWAYBAT FOUR3] and 1669 [HOMEBAT FOUR3] are triggered too often.
I'm not too bothered as I'm happy with the stereo sound on it's own.

As I said in an earlier post , I think most of you should be happy with the stereo crowd applause I've mixed ,which is a big improvement on the original mono sound that EA sports came up with.

Steve - thanks for the reply. The main zip folders I'm having problems with are:

1615-1624
1625-1632
1629 and Dreadlock holiday.zip

Most of the others work well. Don't know why this is - just tells me that there are no files contained within the zip folder. Bizarre. :huh:

philt ... wondered if you have a firewall.
Not sure, but if you disable it while downloading the files, that might work.

I've downloaded the first batch 1615 to 1624 to check and all files were intact,so I can't see why you didn't get them.

Hope you manage to get the files eventually. ;)
If you can't ,perhaps I can send you them a few at a time by email.

Users who are viewing this thread