New Zealand Premier League XIII

I've gotten rid of everyone from the New Zealand player list who didn't play any domestic/international cricket over the last Northern Hemisphere season, and still haven't played over this Southern Hemisphere season.

I have however kept all the contracted players, even though some haven't played any matches this Southern Hemisphere season.

At the moment the players in the current teams who won't be participating next season are:

Matthew Bell (retired)
Jonathan Bassett-Graham (didn't play at all in 2010)
Paul Hitchcock (hasn't played since January last year)
Bruce Martin (hasn't played since March last year)
Ryan Burson (hasn't played since February last year)

Doleful loss there, although de Boorder was close to create an upset in the lower order.

ATM this is what I'm thinking for the player transfer system. It would be helpful if all of you commented on it, because I don't want to hear people complaining later, as I'm giving you an opportunity to have your say now.

Stage one - The eight current managers get to retain six players from their season eight squad, including at least two international players and at least two NZ players.

Stage two - Dipak selects six players who were not retained in stage one, he can only pick a maximum of one player from each of the previous teams, including at least two international players and at least two NZ players.

Stage three - The eight current managers get to retain another four players from their season eight squad, including at least one international player and at least one NZ player.

Stage four - Dipak selects any four players who are yet to be picked, including at least one international player and at least one NZ player.

Stage five - A 24 hour free agent transfer window, making sure the top ninety players are picked up at this stage (nine teams/ten players).

Stage six - A draft for your remaining eight players.

(BTW this is assuming Bilal is keeping his team, as he's still yet to confirm it.)

My thinking is pretty much allowing you to keep your playing XI from this season, but you may lose one of your middle of the line players, hence why you're only keeping ten players before the draft. This should be expected as another team's being added in.

The free agent transfer window will hopefully balence the teams out more, as some teams are currently stronger.

As I said above if you want to have your say please comment now, otherwise if you don't, don't complain later.

Last edited:
Can you reduce the no. of players retained in each Phase by 1-2

I was originally thinking five players in phase one, but I can't really go any lower than that, as I don't want a massive reshuffle.

That's pretty much why I wanted the current managers to comment, but most of them haven't...

That won't be fair. :p
Besides,yours is a 'special' team.

Technically he's always going to be at a disadvantage, even if you guys get to retain only one player.

@ Dipak - Remember what happened in the GPL, everyone got to retain seven players, but the two new teams (me and bcvs) ended up being the best.

Users who are viewing this thread