New Zealand Premier League XIII

What about the six Aussie state sides, an Aussie legends XI, a New Zealand legends XI, and a rest of the world legends XI?

That's nine teams, so each of them will play three matches, as there's nine of you, and you each have three byes.

Aussie state sides - They won't have any NZPL players, but other than that I'll try and make them as strong as possible.

Aussie legends XI - Pretty much their side over the last decade. (Hayden, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath, Symonds, etc.)

New Zealand legends XI - Pretty much their side over the last decade. (Fleming, Bond, McMillan, Astle, Cairns, etc.)

Rest of the world legends XI - Flintoff, Trescothick, Vaas, Jayasuriya, Lara, Klusener, Ntini, Ganguly, Kumble, etc.

yeah, i'll take that. btw i think the last three teams should be rated as if they are in their heyday still.

How about this for a New Zealand Legends XI:

Matthew Bell
Richard Jones
Stephen Fleming (c)
Nathan Astle
Craig McMillan
Chris Cairns
Adam Parore (wk)
Paul Hitchcock
Brendon Diamanti
Ewen Thompson
Shane Bond

I know some of them aren't what you would class as "legends", but I didn't want to go back too far, and all of them except Parore have played in the NZPL.

IIRC the XI not including Parore could actually be every New Zealand player with international experience who's played in the NZPL, who's now retired.

I don't think they should because then we'd get owned... Just subtract like 2 from each skill.

Need a spinner - Wiseman?
Put Jeff Wilson in there too :D
How long ago did Nash and Doull play?

I was looking for players who've previously played in the NZPL.

Nash and Doull were ages ago. The likes of Astle, McMillan, Cairns, Parore and Bond all played in the ICL.

In terms of spinners, the problem is Vettori's been around for so long, therefore there are hardly any other spinners who've played for New Zealand.

Wiseman was playing in England in 2008, so I could chuck him in.

Jeff Wilson's a possibly as well, just because he was a duel international.

Ok, so I need to get rid of one of Bell/Jones from the XI above, and two of Hitchcock/Diamanti/Thompson, help please. :D

Therefore it would be:

Mark Richardson
Matthew Bell/Richard Jones
Stephen Fleming (c)
Nathan Astle
Craig McMillan
Chris Cairns
Adam Parore (wk)
Jeff Wilson
Paul Hitchcock/Brendon Diamanti/Ewen Thompson
Paul Wiseman
Shane Bond

Yes to Jeff Wilson. Hands down legend and he played his last match not too long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread