New Zealand Premier League XIII

My team's pretty balanced, not sure if I can really improve it through FATs

Also you can trade New Zealanders for Internationals and vice versa, as long as you keep at least three of each of them in your 10 man squad at this stage.

New Zealand players I'd possibly be looking to trade (everyone without any international experience):

Colin de Grandhomme (Not a bad pick, but there are possibly better options available at this early stage)

Michael Bates (Not a bad pick, but there are possibly better options available at this early stage)

Andrew de Boorder (ATM he doesn't even play List A cricket for Auckland, hence there are much better batting options available at this stage)

Neal Parlane (There are much better batting options available at this stage)

Brandon Hiini (He was very good last season, so I understand why he's been kept, but there are better players out there)

George Worker (Good talent, my ratings do account for that, but there are possibly better options out there)

Kruger van Wyk (Not a bad pick if you're looking for a keeper, but I'd maybe be looking to pick up some other players while you can)

Trent Boult (Good talent, my ratings do account for that, but there are possibly better options out there)

Nick Beard (Good talent, my ratings do account for that, but there are possibly better options out there)

Neil Wagner (A bit of a tough one, it's hard to rate him highly when he hasn't played at the highest level)

Last edited:
New Zealand players with international experience still available:

Shanan Stewart
Reece Young
Peter Ingram
Adam Milne
Craig Cumming
Chris Nevin

Last edited:
On our franchise's behalf,I'd like to appeal to the NZPL chairman to consider AB as a full-time keeper now. :p

In ODI cricket his keeping ratio is only 30%. :p

In the end it doesn't really matter. Last season you got two other full-time keepers when you only needed one (and you survived), so getting just one this season shouldn't hurt at all.

He was the keeper even when Morne van Wyk played in the recent series against India.
Didn't want to draft in a FT keeper because he's never going to get a game anyway.

He was the keeper even when Morne van Wyk played in the recent series against India.
Didn't want to draft in a FT keeper because he's never going to get a game anyway.

Weren't they trying to give him keeping practice before the World Cup, because Morne van Wyk presumably won't be playing?

For some reason last season you drafted in two FT keepers. I questioned it at the time, but you still wanted to have them both. Hence what I'm saying is by just having one this season, you're already going to have more options than you did last season.

McIntosh just scored a ton in the OD comp too.

He's not actually been that bad in our OD comp.

He didn't play at all in 2007 and 2008, and since 2009 his scores have gone:
(Most recent first)

24, 121*, 6, 50, 22, 3, 138, 14, 44, 30, dnb, 45, 71

So in 13 OD matches since his domestic OD comeback in 2009, he's averaging 52.

Most of our (Auckland's) batsmen are pretty aggressive, so most of the time his role is to anchor our innings.

Also rather surprisingly he hits a long ball when he goes for it, it's just they're few and far between.

OUT : Neal Parlane, Andrew de Boorder
IN : Aaron Redmond, Tim McIntosh

Those are pretty good trades, especially with the form McIntosh has been in recently

Users who are viewing this thread