New Zealand terminate Bond contract

well he has to make a living and with all his injuries this is the best option he has for he and his family.

Now New Zealand have NO CHANCE against top teams like Australia without a gun fast bowler. Its a shame, damn, he was a fan favourite no matter what team you supported.

Bond made the decision for money, and in his interests it is most definitely the best decision. Whilst cricketer do earn a very good staple yearly wage packet for being centrally contracted, a majority of their "spending money" is earnt from match fees and MOM fees etc. And so for his sake, because he is injured a lot, and therefore misses out of a lot of these match fees, being able to earn such a large amount of money for such a short spell of cricket which his body can withstand is the most financially safe option.

Gotta congrat the NZ cricket board, never thought they would have the guts to make that decision. It's a shame though Bond was the best bowler in the world on his day, the amount of swing he got in the Champions Trophy a few seasons but really stunned me.

Gotta congrat the NZ cricket board, never thought they would have the guts to make that decision. It's a shame though Bond was the best bowler in the world on his day, the amount of swing he got in the Champions Trophy a few seasons but really stunned me.
Really? What this really reeks of is a lack of guts from the NZC. They obviously are too scared to stand up to the BCCI because if it wasn't for the latter, there would be no controversy with the ICL whatsoever.

good idea he deverved it choosing 20/20 cricket over his international career

Bond was on the downward spiral and to be honest, I think he knew it. He was now simply pace on the ball rather than a rapid swing bowler and with his injuries, he was never going to be a massive force in ODI or Test cricket again. I think it is a wise move for him to join the ICL.

not good for the kiwis tho best player or 1 of them gone

Would he have gone to play in the league if the money wasn't good? Exactly.

Like everyone involved in this pathetic league, he's a money grubber.

Really? What this really reeks of is a lack of guts from the NZC. They obviously are too scared to stand up to the BCCI because if it wasn't for the latter, there would be no controversy with the ICL whatsoever.

CricInfo said:
An ICC decision last October prevented any contracted player from appearing in an unsanctioned event without the global body's consent.

"This is a difficult situation and we must comply with ICC regulations and support other Member Countries and as a consequence can no longer entertain Shane playing for New Zealand," Justin Vaughan, the NZC chief executive, said. "At some stage in the future we may be able to welcome Shane back in, either when he is no longer playing for the ICL, or when that competition does not exist."

They have to comply with ICC regulations, why do they lack guts?

Users who are viewing this thread