Bond is back

BCCI can live without any International tours if such a situation comes to being. In fact it will be Aussies and English who might be affected. BCCI's main revenue now comes frm the IPL.

The BCCI wouldn't be able to live off the IPL if England, Australia and New Zealand all withdrew in most likelyhood so would the TV deals from those respective countries. That would mean a massive loss in revenue for the BCCI and most of their money comes from Test match and ODI revenue.

It wouldn't make alot of difference to England paticularly, English fans go to watch the team regardless of whom we're playing. The biggest money maker for Australia and England is the Ashes and this obviously wouldn't be affected.

Last edited:
However Ashes happen only once in 4 years for the home board, and while I admit it is a good source of revenue it is nowhere near that of what IPL generate in one year.

And disagree regarding IPL TV loss. In fact IPL TV revenue from overseas account for a miniscule % as compared to what is generated from Indian domestic market. The loss from TV rights can be compensated by the gain from not needing to pay huge bucks to overseas personnel.

But if TV was to be dramatically reduced the amount that the IPL gets from commercials would decrease by quite alot this is the source of most of their revenue.

Anyway back on topic I really hope that the ICL players are allowed to return to cricket as the BCCI has no right preventing them from being able to play for whom they like.

Themer added 2 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Also having looked the IPL rights for global televison providing was US $1.026 billion 20% of which goes straight to the IPL which isn't minuscle

The BCCI wouldn't ban Australian and English players from the IPL if Bond played against them anyway. The main draw of the IPL is the fact that the worlds best players are playing, the amount of money made would be nowhere near as high if it was just Indian players playing, so there's no chance the BCCI would ban those players. I think a stand needs to be made against the BCCI, they obviously think they run the game because they make abit more money than the rest of the world. They should have no input as to the players that certain teams can and cannot pick, it's ludicrous. If Bond wants to play for NZ he should be allowed, it's stupidity that the Indian board can choose what players can play for other sides.

Technically, all the Indian board did was ban the ICL and say they don't like teams who support it. It is NZ who caved in an banned Bond. As did all the other nations. If they were all to say 'Screw you BCCI', we wouldn't be in this position to begin with. So it is a bit unfair to put all the blame on the BCCI. They did what was in their best interest. The other nations just chose to suck up to them and follow suit.

Technically, all the Indian board did was ban the ICL and say they don't like teams who support it. It is NZ who caved in an banned Bond. As did all the other nations. If they were all to say 'Screw you BCCI', we wouldn't be in this position to begin with. So it is a bit unfair to put all the blame on the BCCI. They did what was in their best interest. The other nations just chose to suck up to them and follow suit.
Yeah certainly. Also I think PC's point is right on the revenue issue.

Ian Butler who is New Zealand's second fastest bowler just doesn't have the pace or skill Bond has. It'd be great thought if we had our to fastest bowlers tearing it up at both ends against India. India struggle on our wickets but we need Bond to make it all that tiny bit worse for them. He bowled amazingly against Central Districts yesterday.

Butler wouldn't be our second fastest surely. After his injury. Gillespie is faster. Butler impressed me today though.

The fastest bowlers in New Zealand are:

Mitchell McClenaghan-Plays for CD, bowls around the 140-145kmp mark
Neil Wagner-Plays for Otago, around the 140-145 mark
Richard Sherlock-Plays for CD, around the 145-150 mark
Te Ahu Davis-Plays for ND, bowls at around 145-150kmp

I know for a fact Te Ahu Davis was clocked at 152kmp, when he was only 21.

Te Ahu Davis hasn't played consistently in a little while though, or am I mistaken.

Te Ahu Davis hasn't played consistently in a little while though, or am I mistaken.

Yeah he played Rugby for two years trying to make the Waikato team. Over the last two years he has bulked up and looks quicker then what he used to be. I saw him the other day bowling, and he is the fastest bowler I have ever seen. He just made the NZ Emerging team so I guess we will se how he goes.

BCCI can live without any International tours if such a situation comes to being. In fact it will be Aussies and English who might be affected. BCCI's main revenue now comes frm the IPL.
And what happens when all the Aussie and English players drop out from the IPL? What happens when the MCC, the game's rule makers side with the ECB? What happens when CA and the ECB deliver the ICC an ultimatum?

Do you really think that the BCCI will just get off scot free eliminating two of the world's biggest cricketing countries?

Bond is back people, this will really help us in the World Cup.

People shouldn't just walk into sides, but given Bonds stats, and how well he did domestically, I think he should be a walk in for our world T20 side.

Users who are viewing this thread