Bond is back

Simple.

BCCI hates ICL and wants nothing to do with them.

If NZ include Bond for their test team, Indian team will promptly fly back home.

Also it will cut off any financial assistance to the NZ Cricket Board.

Plus it will bar all NZ players from participating in the IPL.

Also, the other associations, CA and ECB will be pressurised by BCCI never to have matches with NZ till they get rid of Bond.

CA and ECB will have to suffer same consequences as NZ if they don't agree.

NZC is already in a bad financial shape and this would be killer blow.

So, all considered exclusion of Bond will be in the best interests of World Cricket.

Not that I agree with it, but Bond's omission is a small price to pay for the delegitimisation and destruction of that cancer called ICL.

So, all considered exclusion of Bond will be in the best interests of World Cricket.

How?
If the BCCI could forgive him because he left the ICL then there wouldn't be any trouble.
Not that I agree with it, but Bond's omission is a small price to pay for the delegitimisation and destruction of that cancer called ICL.

So they should disband the IPL which is structured the same?

@PC: Dont call it cancer mate:noway.
They play cricket like its played in IPL.
They dont,
have 2 wickets for each batsman or 8 balls an over. Its all about cricket(Indian).

Bladescape's point stands.

Go New Zealand! If they do this I will officially adopt New Zealand as my favourite cricket board (I won't support them ahead of Australia, but I will write a letter of support to their CEO).

It's about time someone stuck it to the BCCI over these ridiculous laws. Let's hope Bond, a fantastic player, can get back into international cricket, it's weaker without him.

Ditto that. Will love to watch the Indian batsmen get some humble pie. Let's see if Yuvraj is so amazing against Bond ;)

Oh and Precamb's point backs up why I despise the BCCI so much as I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.............

I don't think it can stop them playing in the IPL since it's a contract and I highly doubt some crap happening with nothing to do with the players isn't a legally valid reason for breaking it.

Hope this happens its a silly law that if properly challenged would probably found to be illegal as it stops the players freedom to play for who he likes.

New Zealand would look alot better side with him in aswell, in ODIs they'd be pretty solid

If Bond terminates his contract from the ICL then BBCI may allow him to play and if he is selected in the NZ squad next day there would bid coming from many IPL teams to buy Bond.

How?
If the BCCI could forgive him because he left the ICL then there wouldn't be any trouble.

So they should disband the IPL which is structured the same?
BCCI won't give forgive selectively.

Either they'll legitimise ICL completely or they'll continue to flip it like now.

Right now, the latter looks 99% likely.

And I don't think for a second ICL added any value for cricket as a whole. It was the deranged brainchild of a moghul who thought he would do a Kerry Packer by hoarding key players and blackmail BCCI into giving him TV rights. The bugger did not for a second had thoughts of "improving" cricket in India. Heck, how the hell can cricket be improved by playing T20???

Instead, he gave the dumb BCCI a great idea to expand their control over the game further, ie, IPL. Earlier, countries could just say, "flip off BCCI". Now if they do, their players say "Flip off you board".

However I prefer BCCI (lesser of the two evils), as, if properly given heed to, the IPL has improved the global reach of the game and improved player remunerations, and hence taken a lot of pressure of the boards.

ICL did have a 50 over competition though, and it is planning an FC one.

It's goal was to create a professional domestic structure. They hired international quality coaches and physios, and fantastic support staff for each team. They got loads of players who were rejected from their domestic teams to sign up, and aim to get these players into prominence. The talent was always there, it was a matter of giving them a stage to play and some good coaching. And it has shown. Along with that, sign up some older players at the end of the career, gets some good commentators, add some flash with some cheerleaders, music, celebs, TV rights, etc. And bang! You get renewed interest in Domestic cricket, along with an aim to expose these players to world-class facilities and allowing them to make a living off the game for a change, to professionalise it.

It's eventual aim, if it got BCCI permission, would make it like a club-based system, where players could be traded, and where it could be a part of the Indian domestic system, showcasing a mix of local and international talent in a professional and entertaining environment.

But the BCCI, being what it is, thought it was too good an idea and stole it for themselves. In came the IPL to do the exact same thing, and the ICL and its players was shunned.

All these ICL players have gained loads from this, they've played in front of large crowds in pressure situations, received world class (or atleast close) training, and have been able to make a living from this and dedicate more time for cricket. They all would be valuable additions to the Indian domestic structure, and while none of them would play for India NT realistically soon, there are many who could stand a shot in the future.

As for Shane Bond returning, if he does, then all hell shall break lose.

icl is going to be gone soon,they have already postponed their tournament scheduled for march.

ICL did have a 50 over competition though, and it is planning an FC one.

Again, FC is the form that can create any sort of good players. So far ICL has none of them going, and it's highly doubtful they'll ever stage FC type competitions as there won't be audience watching. And after all it's a bloody business, and no businessman wants a product which he cannot sell.

It's goal was to create a professional domestic structure. They hired international quality coaches and physios, and fantastic support staff for each team. They got loads of players who were rejected from their domestic teams to sign up, and aim to get these players into prominence. The talent was always there, it was a matter of giving them a stage to play and some good coaching. And it has shown. Along with that, sign up some older players at the end of the career, gets some good commentators, add some flash with some cheerleaders, music, celebs, TV rights, etc. And bang! You get renewed interest in Domestic cricket, along with an aim to expose these players to world-class facilities and allowing them to make a living off the game for a change, to professionalise it.

Sounds like a promo from the ICL honchos. There is nothing in the paragraph that BCCI is not doing in their competitions, particularly the IPL. And rejections from the domestic competitions occured because they didn't have the thing in them to fight and make it to the top. Hence they are literally a bunch of mediocre players in their late twenties, thirties, in other words, has beens. I don't see how that improves domestic cricket.

It's eventual aim, if it got BCCI permission, would make it like a club-based system, where players could be traded, and where it could be a part of the Indian domestic system, showcasing a mix of local and international talent in a professional and entertaining environment.

Thank you, but we have the IPL. And BCCI never asked for help from Zee.

But the BCCI, being what it is, thought it was too good an idea and stole it for themselves. In came the IPL to do the exact same thing, and the ICL and its players was shunned.

Wow, you indeed sound like Subhash Chandra. Where is the proof that IPL was "stolen" from ICL? In fact talks of such an International T20 league was there since India won the WC in 07.

All these ICL players have gained loads from this, they've played in front of large crowds in pressure situations, received world class (or atleast close) training, and have been able to make a living from this and dedicate more time for cricket. They all would be valuable additions to the Indian domestic structure, and while none of them would play for India NT realistically soon, there are many who could stand a shot in the future.

True to all those points, but domestic cricket too can boast of such facilities nowadays, as India has never experienced a bigger bench strength than now, ever. And it is a myth that ICL players could've added to India's national cricket, as these primarily consisted of discards and has beens and could not hope for an Indian berth again.

would love to see him in action again !!! one of my fav bowlers.....:hpraise:happy

but we arent scared of him !! i say BRING IT ON !! :boxing

Users who are viewing this thread