Bond is back

is he? i've read an article in cricinfo saying so.this is good news for us kiwi fans.
i think he'll be back in the NZ tour of SL.

why not? he was keen to play in the state championship next season.wasn't he?
i hope he doesn't bother risking his future by getting injured playing a test series as it's not really worth it.i won't be surprised if NZ withdraws itself from playing test cricket but that obviously won't happen.

i won't be surprised if NZ withdraws itself from playing test cricket but that obviously won't happen.

You mean Bond withdraws, I don't think countrys can pull out of test cricket all together ;)

I just don't see Bond coming back to test cricket, well not for the Sri Lankan seires anyway.

i was referring to NZ and not just bond.just like zimbabwe did last year.
no point in trying to do what you are extremely poor at.

bcvstheworld added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

bond came close enough to entering chemistry text books in the definition of bond length
in the chemical bond chapter :p but he moved to the rebel league and lost almost all his name and fame.

Cricinfo - Bond could be in line for Test comeback

Tuffey, Bond and Vincent are all coming back. I'm really happy Tuffey is coming back as he averaged 13 with the ball last season in first-class cricket.

Shane Bond, Daryl Tuffey and Lou Vincent could all be playing for New Zealand again as early as August after the New Zealand Herald reported that the trio are about to sever their ties with the rebel ICL.

Tuffey has been offered a termination and after consulting with lawyers has accepted it. The paper reports that Vincent has also quit, and while it is expected Bond will do the same, it says that might take longer in his case.

Heath Mills, the head of the NZ Players' Association, said scrapping the existing contracts would probably mean the three would not get what was owed to them, but he added that there was no guarantee there would be another season of ICL anyway.

Bond was non committal, but said that he "hoped something will happen soon," adding: "My training is going really well and I want to get back into it."

Call me crazy, but I don't want Bonds in the tests yet, I just don't think he's fit for 5 day cricket yet. Get Tuffey in, definitely

I would like to see all 3 of them back into the side Vincent to open with Guptil.

1: Vincent
2: Guptil
3: Flynn
4: Taylor
5: Ryder
6: Franklin
7: McCullum
8: Vettori
9: Tuffey
10: Bond
11: O'Brien

A bit hard on Martin but well the other guys are just better....

Last edited:
And here is some good news.

New Zealand open door for Bond comeback
Cricinfo staff
June 4, 2009

Shane Bond's potential international comeback remains on track following New Zealand Cricket's (NZC) decision that former ICL players will be eligible for national selection. Players including Bond, Daryl Tuffey and Lou Vincent need only prove they have severed all ties with the unofficial ICL and they will be immediately available for New Zealand selection.

New Zealand open door for Bond comeback | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

That will certainly help NZ cricket out and just in time for the 2011 WC. Probably the only one I can seen being left out is Tuffey for the ODIs anyway.

I would like to see all 3 of them back into the side Vincent to open with Guptil.

1: Vincent
2: Guptil
3: Flynn
4: Taylor
5: Ryder
6: Franklin
7: McCullum
8: Vettori
9: Tuffey
10: Bond
11: O'Brien

A bit hard on Martin but well the other guys are just better....

At least Bond can knock the ball around while in the tail. If you get what I mean ...

But being serious Martin's a good bowler, so is Bond. But, I reckon' give Bond a bit of time before bringing him straight back into Test cricket.

It's official now. Bond has terminated his contract and is in selection contention. BRILLIANT!!!!! Hopefully him and Tuffey can open the bowling for us against Sri Lanka.

Yeah, I read it earlier in the day. Good news for New Zealand.

Bond tells NZC he's terminated ICL contract

Vaughan said Bond had progressed well during training. "I do know that Shane has been training pretty hard recently and is fit and has been bowling in the nets, so I would imagine that as long as this documentation is in order I couldn't see why he wouldn't be considered for selection. We're very pleased that these guys are going to be available to be selected again; it's tremendous news.''

Bond tells NZC he's terminated ICL contract | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Just heard off the radio that Shane Bond is available selection. He only has to prove he is ready. Over to the NZ selectors now.

Users who are viewing this thread