Shane Bond retires from all cricket

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Saw it coming, but it's a real shame. His body was just too fragile.

Hope to still see him at the IPL. It's just a few weeks of cricket for a nice pay.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sad news. He was certainly one of the better bowlers around. His pace was good and he was taking wickets as well. But he felt to retire and he retired. So in the end it’s his choice, no one can do anything against it. I saw an article on cricinfo about this and it’s mentioned there that Bond has no plans of playing IPL. It would be obviously good if he plays IPL but if he doesn't want to, its fine because he will play so many continues matches and may injured himself and now he does not even plays for his national side so its his choice to play in IPL or not. In my opinion he won't and that’s correct.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
this puts nz back in the dumps tbh. they'll once again rely on vettori to do miracles. bond bowled absoultely great in the recent chappell-hadlee series him and mills would've been a formidiable odi bowling attack mix it in with vettori and thats 30 overs of great bowling.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Sad, but not toatally out of the blue. While it does hamper our world cup plans it's better that he retired now then doing so 2-3 months before the tournament started. I can't believe some people are having a go at him for this decision though, he's gone through so much during his career but he's always come back a top class performer, he doesn't owe New Zealand cricket anything IMO.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
It was going to happen sooner or later.
Had the potential to be one of the greatest bowler of the last decade, but just too many injuries prevented this.
He'll probably be remembered as our second best quick behind Hadlee.
Mills really needs to stand up now, he's had some time out of the game through injury but needs to lead our OD attack in Bonds absence.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
The name is Bond... Shane Bond!

During my early teens, every fast bowler in my neighborhood wanted to become like him. I still remember he was one my favorites. It's really sad to see him go. I'll definitely miss him.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
One of the best fast bowlers ever! :clap :clap
Although I believe he could have delayed it to make it to the 2011 World Cup, but its his call after all.

P

pcfan123

NZ attack sure looks like ████ now. Southee and Mills are hardly spearheads by any strech of the imagination.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
NZ attack sure looks like ████ now. Southee and Mills are hardly spearheads by any strech of the imagination.

we survived without bond for a long time we'll just have to go back to those days, with Andy McKay coming through who bowls in the mid 140's he might eventually lead our bowling attack.

P

pcfan123

You survived with Ian O'Brien coming good towards the end of his career and Martin pitching in.

O'Brien is gone and Martin bowls 10 overs of trash between jaffas

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i was talking about ODI's, but you're right about o'brien. i just hope oram doesn't retire any time soon his bowling in the middle overs is really good at times.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'd call Mills an ODI spearhead.
He has been among the best ODI bowlers in the world now, not a pace spearhead, but a Bracken like bowler.

Remember Bond has only played 19 tests (I think) over the last decade, so although it would be great to have him in our test attack it's not really weakened as he hardly played.

In a couple of years Southee could develop, but we have to give him time and not just say he should be great at the age of 21.

I think Bond should of just kept on playing until he got injured again, then retired, or he should make a test comeback for one match against Aussie or something., just so we can try and brake our 19 year winless run against them.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I thought he would keep playin T20s for a while (at least 1 more year)

Users who are viewing this thread