Shane Bond Retires from Tests

The test team is now forever screwed until we find another fast bowler which will take about 10 - 20 years. Hope Bond ends up commentating after he fully retires, real good in interviews :D

The greatest fast bowler cricket never had.

should have been the fast bowler that was synonymous with this decade. injuries robber the world of a great talent. Gutted he never made 100 wickets.

Injury destroyed a great career. :clap

Loved the spell in the opening Test against Pakistan. You could see the difference when he didnt play.

Good Luck Bond. Hope to see a longer ODI and T20 career

Well he's 34, and I don't really see the injuries ever stopping for him. I say we see him in about 10 more ODI's and 10-15 more T20's before he calls it quits completely.

Well he's 34, and I don't really see the injuries ever stopping for him. I say we see him in about 10 more ODI's and 10-15 more T20's before he calls it quits completely.

If that.

Anyway, he was a great fast bowler, didn't like being on the receiving end of some of his magic but it's all good. Wish he played more Tests, just generally wish his body was a bit stronger and could have held up better.

I did and I agree with Gazza. If you're talking about a short career span, it has to be Sydney Barnes.

Maybe, but from my vantage point it is Bond because I've actually seen him play. Plus I'm biased because he's one of my favorite bowlers.

I did and I agree with Gazza. If you're talking about a short career span, it has to be Sydney Barnes.

You say that like you saw him in his prime... You never saw him, so you don't know how good he ever was, and don't just look at averages. That still won't change the fact that you never saw him, so technically you don't even know how good he was. You're just going off from what you have heard, which in never good. I saw Bond, and I know how good he was, unlike Barnes.

You say that like you saw him in his prime... You never saw him, so you don't know how good he ever was, and don't just look at averages. That still won't change the fact that you never saw him, so technically you don't even know how good he was. You're just going off from what you have heard, which in never good. I saw Bond, and I know how good he was, unlike Barnes.

Did you ever see how good Bradman was? No, so he's supposed to be ████.

Did you ever see how good Bradman was? No, so he's supposed to be ████.

The pitches back then were horrible to bat on, and he still scored so many runs on those pitches. But you can't compare any modern day batsman to Bradman, due to the same reason. We don't have any idea who would be better, because we never saw him. It's just generally agreed upon that Bradman was the greatest because he was able to do stuff, which no one in the world was able to do then or now. The pitches then were helpful to bowlers, unlike the case now. So we don't know how Barnes would do now, on modern day pitches, but since batting has gotten predominantly easier, it can still be agreed that Bradman would have still been a great player in the Modern Era if not a better one, since pitches have just gotten easier to bat on, since he played.

Users who are viewing this thread