Bond is back

and the previous page is what makes me mad. The control the BCCI has over this sport is ridiculous and someone needs to get some balls and stand up to them. For the last 36 months we have had to put up with Indian cricket bullying everyone into what they want. It really got started when they threatened to leave Australia last summer, from that point on it has escalated to the point where they now seem to dictate every players moves and motives and it sucks. I hope that NZ Cricket pick Shane and tell India to piss off. The comment that they would just hop on a plane and leave if he is selected just shows the mentality of some people. If Bondy is picked we would clean up the ODI's and we would be far more competitive in the tests. And how is that bad for the game.

I don't think the Indian players would take too kindly to jumping off the plane and being sent home. They'd want to play cricket.

This rumor hasn't been confirmed anywhere so maybe it's just that.

Again, FC is the form that can create any sort of good players. So far ICL has none of them going, and it's highly doubtful they'll ever stage FC type competitions as there won't be audience watching. And after all it's a bloody business, and no businessman wants a product which he cannot sell.
I agree, I doubted whether the FC competition would ever come to life too. But you never know. They had announced in the first season that they would have liked to have done one, and maybe if it were adopted as a part of the Indian Domestic Structure, it might have.

Sounds like a promo from the ICL honchos. There is nothing in the paragraph that BCCI is not doing in their competitions, particularly the IPL.
Sounds like a Promo, but it's all true. And the BCCI has done nothing of the sort, apart from the IPL. Indian Domestic cricket is as dull as it gets. Empty crowds, substandard quality of cricket (In these sense that the pitches are flat and there are very few exciting matches), and a structure which rewards safety rather than winning.

But the BCCI have, in the last few years, tried to make it possible to earn a living off Domestic cricket. Coincidentally, this has happened alongside the formation of the ICL...

And rejections from the domestic competitions occured because they didn't have the thing in them to fight and make it to the top. Hence they are literally a bunch of mediocre players in their late twenties, thirties, in other words, has beens. I don't see how that improves domestic cricket.
The younger players were those who didn't make the cut. The older ones were very often the mainstays of their team. Infact, some sides lost their backbone to the ICL. There was a team -Hyderabad I think- who lost 7 of their first XI to the ICL. The main players who you could call mediocre were the young ones, and then again, they are young and needed match experience. There never was a lack of talent. I could name a few players if you wish.

Thank you, but we have the IPL. And BCCI never asked for help from Zee.
After the ICL was formed. Before it was formed, the ICL aimed to become a part of the structure.

Wow, you indeed sound like Subhash Chandra. Where is the proof that IPL was "stolen" from ICL? In fact talks of such an International T20 league was there since India won the WC in 07.
But that is all they were. Talks. Ideas. They were not acted upon. But Zee did act on it, and it was a huge success. Surprise surprise, next season was the IPL, and ICL was banned. Now you could call the IPL a co-incidence and say that the ICL was banned cause it was never approved, but we both know that is very naive. The ICL is a business, and so is the BCCI, rather unfortunately. They may have thought about it, but it was not until the ICL actually did it and proved it could be successful did they act on it. The IPL idea may not have been stolen, but I believe it is fair to say it wouldn't be around at the moment if the ICL hadn't gone and shown the BCCI it could work.

True to all those points, but domestic cricket too can boast of such facilities nowadays, as India has never experienced a bigger bench strength than now, ever. And it is a myth that ICL players could've added to India's national cricket, as these primarily consisted of discards and has beens and could not hope for an Indian berth again.
Again, I could give you a few names. Realistically, yes, many of them would not have played for India, but a few of the younger talents could compete for a spot, and they would definitely boost the quality of domestic cricket. The 'has-beens' were still fixtures in their domestic sides, and the young ones have shown that, with the right guidance, they could be as good as any other player in India's domestic circuit right now.

New Zealand really need Vincent back too. Bangladesh would benefit too, and maybe even Pakistan, the teams that need all the help they can get at the moment

I don't see why they can't just give the tournament friendly status as it reallly doesn't harm anyone and the current decision only harms the game of cricket itself.

Great News if its true. :)

I still remember Bond "Terrorizing" the Indian batsmen in the series before the 2003 WC. Simply amazing!!

Hope to see him back in action soon.. He's my fav. Bowler :D

New Zealand really need Vincent back too. Bangladesh would benefit too, and maybe even Pakistan, the teams that need all the help they can get at the moment

I don't think Bangladesh lost anyone of note. People thought some of their older players going to ICL would hurt them where it's done the opposite. Guys like Shakib and Iqbal have had more chances and have stood up and made the Bangladesh side better.

My god, why? They are far from having an established opening pair, but by available evidence, Ryder and Guptill can prove to be one.

I don't think Bangladesh lost anyone of note. People thought some of their older players going to ICL would hurt them where it's done the opposite. Guys like Shakib and Iqbal have had more chances and have stood up and made the Bangladesh side better.

Alok Kapali, Shahriar, and Nazimuddin is certainly very talented. But the biggest one if Aftab though, he was awesome, they need him back to strengthen the middle order.

Bangladesh could really only do with Aftab and Nafees back. Tamim Iqbal has actually really sucked since the ICL rebels left. The ones who have stood up are Shakib, Mehrab Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim and Raqibul Hasan. Even Naeem Islam and Rubel Hossain.
Kapali would be very welcome back, he has huge talent, but he never performs at NT level. If he got his game together and made the most of his batting and bowling talent, he'd be in without a doubt.

Simple.

BCCI hates ICL and wants nothing to do with them.

If NZ include Bond for their test team, Indian team will promptly fly back home.

Also it will cut off any financial assistance to the NZ Cricket Board.

Plus it will bar all NZ players from participating in the IPL.

Also, the other associations, CA and ECB will be pressurised by BCCI never to have matches with NZ till they get rid of Bond.

CA and ECB will have to suffer same consequences as NZ if they don't agree.

NZC is already in a bad financial shape and this would be killer blow.

So, all considered exclusion of Bond will be in the best interests of World Cricket.

Not that I agree with it, but Bond's omission is a small price to pay for the delegitimisation and destruction of that cancer called ICL.
First of all the BCCI are not dumb enough to demand that the ECB and CA not play against NZ, and even if they do, there is no way in hell that the BCCI would cut off the ECB and CA - it'd be the fastest way to lose all the power they have. Playing Australia is one India's biggest sources of revenue, England is another one up there. Without Eng and Aus, their only big drawcard would be Pakistan and they can't play Pakistan every year.

First of all the BCCI are not dumb enough to demand that the ECB and CA not play against NZ, and even if they do, there is no way in hell that the BCCI would cut off the ECB and CA - it'd be the fastest way to lose all the power they have. Playing Australia is one India's biggest sources of revenue, England is another one up there. Without Eng and Aus, their only big drawcard would be Pakistan and they can't play Pakistan every year.
BCCI can live without any International tours if such a situation comes to being. In fact it will be Aussies and English who might be affected. BCCI's main revenue now comes frm the IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread