New Zealand terminate Bond contract

Anyone seen Tim Southee play?

He is a great youngster who replaced Bond in the team...

He hasnt got the pace but he is good at bowling yorkers, especially good for 20/20 matches.

I dont think Bond left because of the money, he made the decision ages ago before NZ banned players who play there.

Money-Grubbing Mercanary.

Tat isn't fair considering what he's gone through to play for this country.

Bond was on the downward spiral and to be honest, I think he knew it. He was now simply pace on the ball rather than a rapid swing bowler and with his injuries, he was never going to be a massive force in ODI or Test cricket again. I think it is a wise move for him to join the ICL.

That is BS! He's maintained the same amazing record through his shorty career. He wasn't on a downward spiral at all. He still swings the ball considerably when conditions suit and bowls in the 140's.

They have to comply with ICC regulations, why do they lack guts?
The only reason the event is unsolicited is because of the BCCI. I'm pretty sure the ICC is neutral otherwise and it is only the BCCI that is putting pressure on them. Instead of all siding with the BCCI, the national boards who were affected should have put up a stance against them.

That is BS! He's maintained the same amazing record through his shorty career. He wasn't on a downward spiral at all. He still swings the ball considerably when conditions suit and bowls in the 140's.

The pace was seriously down in the recent 2007 World Cup to an average of near 135kph. He may have been taking wickets, but from watching him bowl, you could tell that any good form would not have been sustained and any more injuries would continue to eat up his pace.

wot ever i like him 5% hate 16% and dont like 71%

The only reason the event is unsolicited is because of the BCCI. I'm pretty sure the ICC is neutral otherwise and it is only the BCCI that is putting pressure on them. Instead of all siding with the BCCI, the national boards who were affected should have put up a stance against them.

To re-quote my quote on the last page.

An ICC decision last October prevented any contracted player from appearing in an unsanctioned event without the global body's consent.

People are finding people to blame who aren't.

This was Bond's choice, he would have been advised on the matter.

To re-quote my quote on the last page.

People are finding people to blame who aren't.

This was Bond's choice, he would have been advised on the matter.
I know that, dude. The only reason the event is "unsanctioned" is because of the BCCI. I mean the ICC doesn't go around sanctioning every domestic tournament--it delegates that responsibility to the member boards. It is the BCCI who found the ICL to be illegal and it is them who should have been opposed at the ICC meeting. It was up to the other boards to grow a pair.

For the people who say he is losing pace because of his injuries, he is getting old, Mcgrath and Pollock lost alot of pace and during that time, it was their best time in their career also.

Pace isnt everything. Eg: Tait doesnt have great control and Brett Lee also use to not have good control but now he does but he is bowling slower.

Not happy. I love Shane Bond. Probably my favourite paceman that doesn't play for Australia. :(

Took the words out of my mouth.

Was an incredibly good bowler and will be sorely missed by NZ.

Users who are viewing this thread