New Zealand Tour of Sri Lanka November 2013

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Andrew Ellis, I'm sorry, but you are terrible.

I have absolutely no idea how the guy keeps getting selected. Hes just a nothing player with bat and ball.

I thought we did remarkably well in this series that we were even in the games let alone winning one. I'm afraid to say for SL there could be some dark days ahead, the young batsman really haven't stood up but its hard to blame them when they never get a crack at the top because of the three old guys. This was a meaningless series anyway, really should have rested all three of them. It was the perfect chance to give more youngsters a go.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I'm afraid to say for SL there could be some dark days ahead, the young batsman really haven't stood up but its hard to blame them when they never get a crack at the top because of the three old guys. This was a meaningless series anyway, really should have rested all three of them. It was the perfect chance to give more youngsters a go.

Something to be bothered about really. Dinesh Chandimal is an outstanding batsman. Not really following this series, but earlier too, he was batting below Jaya and Sanga it seems. Does not really help the case with Sri Lanka, he's often getting the chances in slog overs, which isn't his type of play. Seen him in Australia, RSA and England, has a good techinique and temperament, can definitely score big hundreds.

Don't understand why 2 of the top 3 cannot be rested esp in home series. And sending Perera above him isn't really doing good for the Lankans too. Thirimanne has been performing this year too I guess?

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ugh what is Sri Lanka doing? Yet again we're barely playing a B team and they bat Dilshan, Sangakkara and Jayawardene in the top 4. Unless those three are planning on playing into their mid forties SL is in real trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread