Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Hopefully it will just be good.

Obviously a publicity stunt by Ashes Cricket 2009 and the game is AI Vs AI, maybe it is some kind of teaser and hopefully it will be different for when you actually play the game yourself (I'm still holding out hope.)

Last edited:
I think that it is a bit harsh that people are judging the game on this video. I agree that the gameplay does look easy but then again the developers did mention in their interview that they wanted to make the game for people who just wanted to "pick it up and play" and for casual gamers, I take from that the default difficulty levels will be slog fests and like they said the higher difficulty levels with the advanced batting controls (back and front foot shots), initiative AI will make the game much harder. In addition the match in the background could either be a 20/20 or one day international so again there would be more attacking shots played. We also do not know what build this is from, it could be an earlier build and the AI tweaking takes place.

I think that it is better to wait until we are able to try a demo or people get to try the full version on the highest difficulty level with manual controls before passing judgement. What I can say is that player models, fielding animation and stadiums look fantastic and defiantly "next gen"!

I think though it maybe could for one of the admin to direct the developers to this thread (as they said that they do check this forum) and maybe they can give some feedback on the concerns raised by some people.

The version I saw, didnt show any shot being played so I thought it was alright.

After that video im not too sure, but I hope im wrong.

I think that it is a bit harsh that people are judging the game on this video....

Exactly my sentiments. I watched the video after reading all the posts here, and TBH don't see what all the fuss is about. Have we cricket fans become such a cynical lot that we're going to write off a game based on gameplay video running in the background that you have to squint your eyes to watch?

Waiting for a demo, or a hands-on review from PC pre-release.

There is no way you can make a firm judgement on the game from that video. Everything is just too distant and hard to work out. Until a proper trailer and/or demo is released, I think it is best we reserve judgement till then :)

I am staying positive here. That video indeed have impressed me.

• That game might be a T20 game where they have mentioned you will be having a good slog fest. It is supposed to be like that.
  • The opponent team looks like Zimbabwe :p Low level opponents cannot bowl match winning and top class deliveries. :p

I am staying positive.. I wonder why some of the people here are just staying on the pessimistic side always :rolleyes: Be happy with what we have is best way to enjoy one's life else it will always been seen as miserable one. :cool:

I am staying positive.. I wonder why some of the people here are just staying on the pessimistic side always :rolleyes: Be happy with what we have is best way to enjoy one's life else it will always been seen as miserable one. :cool:

hmmm....shelling out 1500 Rs for garbage isnt the way to enjoy life suren !

Yeah it is a good point. AI Vs AI in a T20.
The Animation may be the same but gameplay is the key remember

formula1man added 3 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

It was England they had Vodafone

Users who are viewing this thread