Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
hmmm....shelling out 1500 Rs for garbage isnt the way to enjoy life suren !

If you want you can be bit more patient for the reviews and then decide.. We don't even know what format and what mode it has been shown on the video.. That may be T20. Aus vs Zim, T20 .. you expect the bowlers in not getting smashed?

Lets wait for the release. Definitely reviews would be out. I am not saying you are wrong.. but you might be wrong or correct. For the time being, lets be happy that we had glimpse of game matches before demo. It's too early to decide that game is crap.

You being a developer, when if someone says what you are developing is crap when that didn't even is released, don't you think its harsh for the developer? Especially when those developers have respected PC and said that they were breaking their heads most of the times in PC to find the exact requirements? Lets give some respect and if game goes on crap really, then no one would be stopping you. :cheers

surendar added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

It was England they had Vodafone

Looking at the red dress I judged it as Zimbabwe :D Apologies. :D Still, if its a T20 mode, the aggressiveness is no harm. :)

If you want you can be bit more patient for the reviews and then decide.. We don't even know what format and what mode it has been shown on the video.. That may be T20. Aus vs Zim, T20 .. you expect the bowlers in not getting smashed?

Lets wait for the release. Definitely reviews would be out. I am not saying you are wrong.. but you might be wrong or correct. For the time being, lets be happy that we had glimpse of game matches before demo. It's too early to decide that game is crap.

You being a developer, when if someone says what you are developing is crap when that didn't even is released, don't you think its harsh for the developer? Especially when those developers have respected PC and said that they were breaking their heads most of the times in PC to find the exact requirements? Lets give some respect and if game goes on crap really, then no one would be stopping you. :cheers

well...i didnt care much abt the slogging tbh....coz,we dont know at what
difficulty level and mode they are playing.

i got pissed off mainly due to the crappy bowling anims and the horrible and jerky batting anims....!
BLC99 ones were better than this.

but as you said...all is not lost...still no one has played it officially..
so..cant be too critical.

i wouldnt have made such harsh comments if i hadnt read their interview which claimed so many path-breaking stuff !

well...i didnt care much abt the slogging tbh....coz,we dont know at what
difficulty level and mode they are playing.

i got pissed off mainly due to the crappy bowling anims and the horrible and jerky batting anims....!
BLC99 ones were better than this.

but as you said...all is not lost...still no one has played it officially..
so..cant be too critical.

i wouldnt have made such harsh comments if i hadnt read their interview which claimed so many path-breaking stuff !

I agree with surendar here.You can't judge a game on the basis of this 5 minute video which has been in development for 2 years..

i saw the video and then read the comments posted here.well all i would say is that we should wait for the "demo" to be released to comment on the game!
a 2 minute background video should not be considered as we dont even know the type of game going on in the background.

The developers said that they visit PC right?i would love to hear their comments on this discussion:D

@coolz_hari
you could watch that video in youtube using some proxy server like guardster proxy i guess!

Kartik. I know you have put in a lot of work in TAOC, but from where I am standing, it just looks like you feel threatened by some competition now, and are just going out of your way too be negative about this game, before it has even been released.

Kartik. I know you have put in a lot of work in TAOC, but from where I am standing, it just looks like you feel threatened by some competition now, and are just going out of your way too be negative about this game, before it has even been released.

what !! competition ?? where did that come from ?? and on what grounds ?? TAOC does not have a producer or a distributor waiting in-line.
the awareness is negligible as compared to ashes cricket 2009.
i doubt if people outside cricketing forums on the internet have even heard
of a game called TAOC.

heck, i myself dont even know if it'll be released.

if i posted something like this for cricket life or cricket revolution...then your post is justified.

yes, calling it a garbage based on a 5 min vid is definitely harsh...i apologize for that but go through my review and point out one thing that you found unreasonable !

if i was posting only to criticize it...i wouldnt have praised the graphics and fielding anims.

and i never mentioned a word about the slog fest....my review was on the anims,loopyness and presentation....!

Last edited:
No need to apologise mate, hell this isn't some sort of Nazi regime, you are allowed to express your own opinions. I just felt (and looking back through the thread) most of your posts had been very anti this game:

damn....its worse than i thought.....
terrible bowling action, loopy deliveries, jerky batting anims etc....

and WTF was that shot in 1:15 ?? even murali wouldnt play such a
horrible shot...

on the brighter side...the graphics looked good....fielding anims looked nice...

but overall,not too impressed.....

hell ya !! EA is gonna suck for sure......
this was the only hope but now the future doesnt look too good...

My hopes have dropped completely after watching the clip. It looks poor. The wait for a decent cricket game continues.

No need to apologise mate, hell this isn't some sort of Nazi regime, you are allowed to express your own opinions. I just felt (and looking back through the thread) most of your posts had been very anti this game:

lol...i do admit that i overreacted...but thats because this was the only cricket game i was excited about after 3 years.
so it was more of anger and frustration than anything else.

well looking at both the videos i am seeing no difference between BLIC 2007 & Ashes cricket 2009 except bit improved graphics and a few new motion screens.Dont know what the hell they dug out in two and half years.
Same unrealistic bowling actions
Same unrealistic batting shots

If this is what we were waiting for then i am sorry..........:noway:noway:noway

Users who are viewing this thread