Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
I'm not too concerned watching that video. AI and gameplay are way more important than the physics of bowling animations and obviously we couldn't learn anything about that from watching the video.

here...

Ashes Cricket 2009 Footage.rar

its in .FLV....use Media Player Classic...

I am ashamed to ask you again here mediafire is also not working. please upload in megaupload / zshare/ rapidshare .I am sorry to bother you again

coolz_hari added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

I thought I can upload in our forums itself but I am not able to do so.. :( It says some security token missing while adding that zip.. Also its of 11 MB, which makes it a tough job for PC server too.

no problem at least you tried.
anyway thank you

I'm not too concerned watching that video. AI and gameplay are way more important than the physics of bowling animations and obviously we couldn't learn anything about that from watching the video.

Finally a level headed comment.
Many of you have over-reacted based on a video where you have no idea what mode it is, what difficulty setting it is, whether it's AI vs AI, or even if some marketing noob is playing the game in the background.

Patience is a virtue you must endeavour to cultivate. Surely after waiting this long for a new game you aren't gonna spit the dummy based on something you know nothing about.

How do you know that the bowler being featured in the game at the time wasn't a part-time bowler so his action is suspect and effectiveness poor?

C'mon people...exhibit some control and patience. :cool: There must surely be a demo soon so if you are going to judge something start there.

other than the improved graphics looks very very similar to blic2007.

Damn! the game looks too realistic!!
That shot at 1:14 OBVIOUSLY looks like it should have been played on the front foot, but was played on the back foot. And I can't figure out how everyone says it's an AI vs. AI match. Seems like someone is playing the game, badly.
The graphics look stunning and on par with any Fifa/Pro Evolution or other sports games. The lightening, fluidity in animation and the lively environment of the field and stadium look great.
I'll definitely be buying this game! I hope they release it on Steam.
Edit: The batsmen running animations look clunky though.

Damn! the game looks too realistic!!
That shot at 1:14 OBVIOUSLY looks like it should have been played on the front foot, but was played on the back foot. And I can't figure out how everyone says it's an AI vs. AI match. Seems like someone is playing the game, badly.
The graphics look stunning and on par with any Fifa/Pro Evolution or other sports games. The lightening, fluidity in animation and the lively environment of the field and stadium look great.
I'll definitely be buying this game! I hope they release it on Steam.
Edit: The batsmen running animations look clunky though.

People talking about that shot animation,As far as i remember in Brian Lara 2007 the number 10th or 11th batsman use to play even front foot shot like that animation shown.So its only the tailenders who will play like that.

is just Brain Lara cricket 07 with better graphic.
well as long as I see the ball land in the crowd( like in Brain lara 99) then it would be a nice game

you couldnt even really make it out that well... kind of pointless if you ask me
i want a real trailer and a demo. either way im buying this game

That's about ?55.13

?55????? That cannot be right! If it is, they can whistle for it. Especially as it's likely to be garbage.

Years of tripe, followed by more years of the same tripe doesn't help the situation.

Amen to that.

See for yourself:

Here's the whole sheet ive zoomed in below as well in case u cnt relly read it...

Whole Sheet
22042009009.jpg

Game Name (3rd from top)
22042009006u.jpg

Creator (3rd from top)
22042009008k.jpg

Release Date (3rd from top)
22042009007f.jpg

On an interesting side note my manager was at an EA conference earlier he said the EA Grand slam tennis game looks unreal...

And naturally, the prats aren't gonna release that for PC.

Edit: Could you do me a favour and tell me the release date of Battle of Britain II that's in one of those screenies? Is that 'Storm of War', the game made by 1C Maddox, who made the excellent but lacking in campaign atmosphere IL Sturmovik games? It's been overdue for at least a year now...

i had a look 8min video a few times and from what i saw there were things i really liked and there were things that were a tad questionable. so here goes

the things i loved

the fielding camera view....it made the game look a lot more realistic...it wasnt anything like dynamic or aerial view...it was as if it was being broadcasted on the tele

the fact that there was a variety of cut scenes

the outfield seemed very realistic (size wise as well as with the ad boards)

the ball landed in the crowd as it went for a six :P

player body size seemed to vary (could be wrong)

questionable

the bowling style (contrary to some of the other people's view seemed ok to me but not the best)

the fact that its possible to play the wrong kind of shot to a ball and still get away with it (when the correct shot was played it looked like a better fit...dint look as choppy)

did any one else find the keeper scene a tad funny (what seemed like an edge rolling along the ground at a slow pace, headed for the first slip, the keepr still dived to get it :S)

stuart broad looked a bit "ghostly" up close

would like to know more about

definately the gameplay (from the video it looked a bit too easy "at times")

ai adaptibility

depth of the edit feature (aside from changing player name and look...changing his playing style and skill, changing team kits, adding more teams if possible, fixin the team batting and bowling order etc)

celebration cut scenes (fall of a wicket, milestones etc)

a stadium from bangladesh (wasnt mentioned i hope its in there)

the dubai stadium

these were just some of the things, gonna keep watching the vdo a few more times till a better one comes out. one wihtout having to look at the game over pontings shoulder and one thats being played by some1 who knows how to select the shot and its timing a tad better :P

E

Last edited:
go to the you tube site, dl it using keepvid and then it should work on wmp classic

Where u guys got 8 minute video, I only see video of 2:30 seconds.Can u give link thanks

Here if people are still trying to download:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

this is same as 2:30 min video but more resolution and clarity:cheers

And, guyz i think game is really good. some of you argue there is no cricket game and when there is cricket game only to blame whats wrong in that.

Look for bright side i think the presentation of the game is fantastic:happy

Chill:D

Users who are viewing this thread